OxygenOS 5.1.1 OTA for the OnePlus 5 & 5T

1. EmanueleFulco Honeycomb May 22, 2018

2. X1515404645804 Eclair May 22, 2018

X1515404645804, May 22, 2018 :
    phone > settings > swipe up to pick up

kpmistry1977 likes this.
  3. Mahbub_Ratul_ Froyo May 22, 2018

Mahbub_Ratul_, May 22, 2018 :
    I have heard that it will fixed in the next update. Untill then you can reset your device when the lag occurs. A reset seems to slove my problem.

doekus and EmanueleFulco like this.
  4. baiosss Honeycomb May 22, 2018

5. VJK21 Gingerbread May 22, 2018

73ND41 likes this.
  6. EmanueleFulco Honeycomb May 22, 2018

EmanueleFulco, May 22, 2018 :
    I hope very soon because they are not pleasant

7. rahul thakur 263 Cupcake May 22, 2018

rahul thakur 263, May 22, 2018 :
    lots of bugs are there plzz fix it I am having one plus 5 and I can easily notice lagginess plzz fix it one plus

8. rantlers62 Cupcake May 22, 2018

rantlers62, May 22, 2018 :
    Battery life has been greatly reduced with recent update, multiple app crashes as well.
    Words 2 and all apps below are 2% or less for those who will ask (including idle and screen)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. G_T_Bennett Jelly Bean May 22, 2018

G_T_Bennett, May 22, 2018 :
    Wipe cache, continue to let battery drain to 0, recharge to 100% and return back with results.

rantlers62 likes this.
  10. danishdaycare Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2018

danishdaycare, May 22, 2018 :
    Yep, clear cache in recovery. Somethings f*cked up.

rantlers62 likes this.
  11. marcusskyfall Jelly Bean May 22, 2018

marcusskyfall, May 22, 2018 :
    Lol very technical assessment ;)

MikeG247 likes this.
  12. 5star02707 Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2018

5star02707, May 23, 2018 :
    It's always better to do a clean install or flash the full zip. I always tend to clear cache as well after flashing. If you're goin to do a clean Install always remember to back up your data.

13. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2018

Trevor.Hawkes, May 23, 2018 :
    The problem of short battery life and lag in operation after updates is an Android problem.
    Other manufacturers forums are littered with the same posts we see here complaining of lagging and batteries running down quickly. This includes Google phone forums.
    However, this does not mean OnePlus doesn't need to solve it.
    Google, Nokia and the others seem unable to find a solution other than clearing cache, resetting the phone etc etc.
    So, OnePlus needs to step up and analyse some phones running with the problems and do what no one else seems able to do, SOLVE the problem.
    It seems obvious that the problem centres around the android system update clashing with something in some app or setting that is to blame. Phone settings and apps are the only variables. The updates are the same for everyone.
    Lead the way OnePlus. Solve it and rid the Android world of a major problem.

rantlers62 likes this.
  14. The_Unkown Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

The_Unkown, May 23, 2018 :
    Your questions have answer .

for your 1st :- For Google to take responsibility of security update will only mean that your device should be compatible with project treble ( which is ofcourse not , yet) so Google can't take it from OEM.

for your 2nd :-

as you have said to avoid load on server while update is rolling out they are pushing the update on incremental basis ,
    that means even if they put zip on their website people will run to get them and the load on their server will again increase, which will mean they have created the same problem which they were avoiding !

so anything else you need to know ?

15. soumyadg Cupcake May 23, 2018

soumyadg, May 23, 2018 :
    Hi one plus team,

After the 5.1.1 update i am facing some lag in the device mostly while scrolling and opening apps like facebook, watsapp. Can you please look into this and provide a fix.

Thanks in advance for all the great efforts and wonderful updates.

16. doekus Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2018

doekus, May 23, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. If i restart the phone than it's ok for a while but than the lags come back. Scrolling in app launcher and start screens .

soumyadg likes this.
  17. G_Nick_T_FTnG Gingerbread May 23, 2018

G_Nick_T_FTnG, May 23, 2018 :
    Lol. Anything else I need to know? You consider yourself a smartass don't you?

#1 - You're right about that one. I bow to you oh great one.

#2 - I guess OP is the only place they can post the Full image huh? Companies all over the world use file sharing sites to host their files. What about rooted users? they make up the majority that have to download the full image anyway as instructed by the update. So strain on their servers? They can cap bandwidth just like all companies do. When servers get overloaded, slower downloads. Either way there are many options. This one doesn't hold water.

And no. I didn't need to know anything. I just made an observation. You can go hide under that Rock you came out of now and wait until you find a post to reply to that someone made weeks ago.

18. The_Unkown Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

#2 . considering your original post , I ask you to go back there and read again , you said OnePlus should put zip file on #it's# website . if I am not wrong you were saying to put it on the official download page of OnePlus , did you mention about sharing it to other websites , nah.

secondly , you are saying about decreasing the bandwidth for downloading which will result in slower speed of download .

I don't know if you are open to the fact that slower download speed , specially on mobile results in corrupted download as it keeps trying and breaking the file whenever the speed is too much slow . which will result in bad hash files and broken Zip which will create problem in flashing , resulting in boot loop , bricking your phone , giving you another window to open a thread shouting that your phone is bricked [e]1f602[/e].

so why not avoid the problem and wait for official , slow and incremental roll out .

why are u in hurry ? is your spacecraft to mars is missing due to it ?

#bakwas

19. G_Nick_T_FTnG Gingerbread May 23, 2018

G_Nick_T_FTnG, May 23, 2018 :

anandsgr18

#2 . considering your original post , I ask you to go back there and read again , you said OnePlus should put zip file on #it's# website . if I am not wrong you were saying to put it on the official download page of OnePlus , did you mention about sharing it to other websites , nah.

secondly , you are saying about decreasing the bandwidth for downloading which will result in slower speed of download .

I don't know if you are open to the fact that slower download speed , specially on mobile results in corrupted download as it keeps trying and breaking the file whenever the speed is too much slow . which will result in bad hash files and broken Zip which will create problem in flashing , resulting in boot loop , bricking your phone , giving you another window to open a thread shouting that your phone is bricked [e]1f602[/e].

so why not avoid the problem and wait for official , slow and incremental roll out .

why are u in hurry ? is your spacecraft to mars is missing due to it ?

#bakwas​

Lol.

Geez dude. Posting something to someone's website doesn't mean hosting the file.

They can post links to wherever the file sits. Similar to how Microsoft uses digital river to host their ISOs.

Do I have to spell that all out for you Mikey? Read between the lines.

And again. my original post said I wasn't complaining, I just made an observation. You seem to want to take issue with it.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid my friend.

I've wasted enough time talking to you. So have at it. Knock me down. You're not worth my time and I will no longer reply.

20. The_Unkown Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

I guess , your post wasn't worth reply ! I wasted mine ! it's hard in the community to find a real problem suffering people , most of them just create nonsense and when they get the answer , they got their ego hurt! and start using words like " smartass" and all ! I know you are going to delete that now as I have mentioned