OxygenOS 5.1.6(5.1.7 Hotfix) OTA for the OnePlus 5 & 5T

1. Pritam_Dhokale Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

Pritam_Dhokale, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Yes. there is issue with network stability for oneplus 5

HardArtiFact and hary4u like this.
  2. NT64 Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

hary4u, SandeepNaik091 and gotshoaib like this.
  3. shole Eclair Dec 6, 2018

shole, Dec 6, 2018 :
    what would you do if u have the power to do over oneplus team as a customer.
    as for me I would have teach them how to provide and adapt with the new change and provide pie to older device not only that but gather all the team and finger point with each and everyone and scold unless Ian satisfied

4. Michel_Pinquier Eclair Dec 6, 2018

gotshoaib and Shubham Gujjar like this.
  5. G_Viru Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2018

6. G_Viru Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2018

G_Viru, Dec 6, 2018 :
    nice try OnePlus
    paused the thread!!
    we never reached 400
    we have other platforms which u Don't control
    reddit, twitter, YouTube etc etc

7. gotshoaib Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

gotshoaib, Dec 6, 2018 :

Michel_Pinquier

That's NOT true. Another lie from OnePlus https://www.engadget.com/2018/12/06/oneplus-not-first-snapdragon-855-phone-mistake/

OnePlus focus has shifted from customers satisfaction to How to stay in news. Big blunder in Qualcomm's event tells me some insider job by bribing.
    Also delaying Red/White variant, special edition, release are all just to stay in news again and again.
    Example McLaren OnePlus 6T
    OS updates are also scheduled accordingly to constantly stay in news.

Sammir1 likes this.
  8. nick_k Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

nick_k, Dec 6, 2018 :
    I've read tons of crying and hate messages against 1+ about the delay of Pie update. Nobody considered that they may try in a very closed circle (with the help of Hydrogen variant in China), a stable version of Android 9.0 to be released, instead of open betas.

Why give 2 betas (Hydrogen and Oxygen) when the developer team has so much work on their hands.

Sammir1 and gotshoaib like this.
  9. Yag1z Froyo Dec 6, 2018

Yag1z, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Google cts can't be slow such as that. I don't believe it's problem with Google cts now. They just don't push it, waitin

10. G1518189299576 Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

G1518189299576, Dec 6, 2018 :
    U mean to say there will be stable version of 9

11. Dimple.Doshi13 Cupcake Dec 6, 2018

Dimple.Doshi13, Dec 6, 2018 :
    I am facing issue after updating ne OS , My phone goes in silent mode automatically....this issue m facing since last 10 to 15 days....please help to resolve the issue

12. G_Prince_Kumar_LUlp Donut Dec 6, 2018

G_Prince_Kumar_LUlp, Dec 6, 2018 :
    we are listening that thing around a month ago

13. sandeep104701 Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

sandeep104701, Dec 6, 2018 :
    This is marketing gimmick.

Sammir1, gotshoaib and Pritam_Dhokale like this.
  14. shamseer_e_Sanju Froyo Dec 6, 2018

shamseer_e_Sanju, Dec 6, 2018 :
    battery draining at it's best after the update. now I am charging my device 2 times a day. [e]1f60a[/e]

15. DavidMdz Froyo Dec 6, 2018

DavidMdz, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Maybe we should try to reach page 400 here after they "paused" the beta thread, IlI' start saying the biggest problem of OxygenOS 5.1.7 is the Android Version, maybe all the problems will be fixed when they update to Pie as they being promising from the last 2 months.

the_reckoner, RR1000, Yag1z and 3 others like this.
  16. majefx Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

17. sandeep104701 Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

18. RapHassler Eclair Dec 7, 2018

RapHassler, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Hello,

I'm with Open Beta 19, I want to instal stable 5.1.7, how can I proced ?
    Coz it's not working under recovery : start, then stop after 2 seconds...

Need help please...

Enjoy !
    ;)

19. Hiranr3 Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

Hiranr3, Dec 7, 2018 :
    You don't want to come to 5.1.7, it is not at all stable, facing severe battery drain. None of the comments will help you, you will be asked to clear cache, reboot, leave your phone fully charged plugged-in overnight. None of it works. Then the comments will guide you to remove any apps that you installed. I am using the same apps that i used on 5.1.6. I have submitted reports and feedback to OP. Don't even ask my SOT, because i am getting a drain on stand-by, it gets worse when on WIFI or with the GPS turned on. I can't find a fix whatsoever. Stay one beta 19 and enjoy the excellent battery life.

the_reckoner and gotshoaib like this.
  20. praksvarma Eclair Dec 7, 2018

praksvarma, Dec 7, 2018 :
    More reasons to stay away from this company and more so recommending it to anyone:
    - The stable doesn't even have a way of customizing accent colors and new UI. Not sure what has kept Oneplus from providing this simple feature for so long when it has been there on beta for some time. Pie they said will have everything but where is pie? :D
    - Third party camera apps still struggle with image quality. No need to say anything more. The forums are flooded with discussion on this topic and lack of Oneplus' support (read intention) in rectifying the camera2api implementation
    - Just recently my work email was shifted to Microsoft cloud/Office365. This requires us to download the Microsoft Intune Company portal and enroll the device. And guess what the device (OP5T) or more importantly Oxygen OS isn't supported.
    - Only empty updates without any new features in the recent past both on Beta and stable channels. Reason cited for this is that a big update is on the way in the form of pie. And this gets delayed as well. So in the end the users are left without meaningful updates for a long time.
    - No updates for over a month on beta channel, vindicating Oneplus' lack of attention to these just an year old devices.
    - Lack of proper communication or intimation for delayed pie update.
    - Now seeing moderators working overtime to shut up people discussing about pie update, locking beta discussion thread every so often. Is it so difficult to at least give the users a chance to raise their opinions, comments, rants on delayed pie update in absence of the actual update.