OxygenOS 5.1.6(5.1.7 Hotfix) OTA for the OnePlus 5 & 5T

1. sam311
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

2. Ayan2710
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Ayan2710 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    seriously bro... what the hell is happening i really don't get it... almost every devices got latest Android p already...but one plus disappointed every users

gotshoaib and Yag1z like this.
  3. sam311
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

gotshoaib likes this.
  4. Arruego
    Eclair Dec 11, 2018

Arruego , Dec 11, 2018 :
    What's happening here come on? Its true, almost every device has received the update! This is damaging a lot Oneplus image... Why we don´t have Pie? We have a device 10 times more powerful than others in the market that have received Pie...such a waste of components

5. Adidz
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Adidz , Dec 11, 2018 :
    Yup, the moderators did a cleanup of the beta thread to remove all off topic posts which did not relate to the beta releases (i.e requesting Pie). But the problem is that any threads created for Pie discussion and speculation are shutdown. So everyone posts wherever most discussion is going on.

gotshoaib likes this.
  6. Siddj38
    Froyo Dec 11, 2018

Siddj38 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    i open the community app not in the hope of update but to see what kind if bu**s**it oneplus managed now, after locking the beta thread, no communication and banning people

gotshoaib likes this.
  7. ale_zano
    Froyo Dec 11, 2018

ale_zano , Dec 11, 2018 :
    Next year I’m changing my phone and I’m 100% sure it won’t be OnePlus. Sorry guys, you messed with us.

8. ju57_74zz
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

ju57_74zz , Dec 11, 2018 :

I really think you shouldn't lose your patience. It's true that they are very late but the update will come, for sure. I noticed a long time ago, when I had OnePlus 3T and the last released phone was OnePlus 5T, that the development of the software for 5/5T is more difficult or the team working on this specific device is slower... And I am saying this because I received android 8 on OP 3t prior to OP 5/5T.

If you gonna talk about other companies that already have pie on their phone, you should compare by phone generation and you will see no one supports their users better than OnePlus. We are talking about 5t like 3rd phone in a timeline order (after 6T and 6). Do you really think Samsung Galaxy S7 has already android pie?? Or Huawei P9? Even for Galaxy S9 and S8 is very hard to wait to receive the updates on each specific regions. And we should never talk about beta releases on Samsung, because beta for them means only first 100-500 users singed up for the program..

And believe me, go to Samsung with a issue / bug/ suggestion and you will see they don't even take you in consideration.

I am also impatient to see the android pie on my 5T? Yes. I still love oneplus team? Yes.

Sundar_Srithar and Bogo268 like this.
  9. Bogo268
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Bogo268 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    Is understandable what you say, I'm with you partial. But the main reason I go and bought the OP device is not to wait few months to get the next update like Samsung, for example. I'm very angry because of "soon", "very soon", "so soon", "patience and love is all we need" and so on. This is lies in our eyes. That's why I'm very angry. I think if they come here to say something like "we have made a big mistake in the development in Pie for 5/5T" or "we will wait x (days/weeks) to get the update out because of ....." It will be more correct. Yes, rage it will be present but they was transparent with us, at least.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018

10. Smilex93
    Donut Dec 11, 2018

Smilex93 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    I hope today they will release Pie Beta.
    It's better be later as never posted.

Bogo268 likes this.
  11. Bogo268
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Bogo268 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    I'm really hope that too but I'm not optimistic anymore. They have teach me a lesson, never ever have expectations.

12. SandeepNaik091
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

SandeepNaik091 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    completely agreed! this is exactly my concern. Come on OnePlus! Did you stop listening to your fans and users?

gotshoaib likes this.
  13. ju57_74zz
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Yes, but look at the facts. They skipped some monthly updates in order to give us a stable pie. The wait will worth.
    On the other hand, we always need to have in mind that 5/5T is not the last phone of the company and is normal 6/6T to have all the attention and to receive the update faster.
    If you want to talk about their commitment, they promise to give Tha last update to OP 3/3T with android 9. Name me only one phone from the same period of time which is on the list for update to pie!

I understand that you came to oneplus for the software and updates, mostly this is the case also for me. But you cannot buy OP 1 or OP 2 and than to be disappointed about the updates. Being a old phone, most likely you will not receive it anymore. This is the case also for oneplus 5T, we cannot request to receive the update prior or in the same time with 6/6T. But we will receive it for sure, and this is a big thing.

Bogo268 likes this.
  14. Shidharth Jayakannan
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Attached Files:

15. Bogo268
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Bogo268 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    I understand that 6/6T will have updates faster, is normal, I don't mind. We gonna be lucky for support, maybe yes. OP have little longer support next to other brands. But I don't care about the update. I just really care about I gave them money and I expect some transparentcy and support. In Romania we have a phrase "With missing money and also f**ed"

16. ju57_74zz
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Same situation here. You are speaking about a phone released a few months ago and than compare with 5/5T. No, a fair comparation is with 6/6T and oneplus already gave pie to those.
    I am very inpatient, this is why I am today present in community app, to check the news, but let's be honest.

17. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2018

G_Viru , Dec 11, 2018 :
    close beta for 6t

gotshoaib and paulomodesto like this.
  18. ju57_74zz
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

I am also from Romania. :)
    And I am not working on oneplus if I looked like I am trying to defend them too badly. But is in human nature to forget all good things they did at first occasion they can't provide one request.

"Să nu uiţi că orice aşteptare e provizorie, chiar dacă durează toată viaţa." [e]1f602[/e] [e]1f602[/e]

Bogo268 likes this.
  19. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Dec 11, 2018 :
    Do not worry guys before December ends we will get Pie, after their McLaren F1 event and 5 years of celebration are over, there was time when I also got frustrated but now I feel we have come a long way here so will give a try for december end as only 20 days are left in counting and for sure it would be a nice update and may be we can get the problem solved for Oil Paint effect which Oneplus promise us you never know.

20. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018