OxygenOS 5.1.6(5.1.7 Hotfix) OTA for the OnePlus 5 & 5T

1. nope1nope
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

nope1nope , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Because that's what they are doing,
    FYI that was sarcasm.
    P.s. next time try using reply function.

2. gorneanu
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

gorneanu , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Can anyone help me with the official 3.0.8 camera apk? The last version I have from 2.8.31 and I'm hoping on improvements if I get the apk.

Thank you.

3. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2018

zer0se7en , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Sorry, been busy with work and just visited earlier and boom. There was the open beta update. So I was right. December will be the time 5 series will have the taste of Pie. 4months isn't that long, really.

See the thing here we shouldn't really criticize a company for their shortcomings. We should learn to always look at the better side of one. Just like how we treat peiple who could become our friend in the future.

Anyways, I hope you and so many are now enjoying the 5/5Tsl's first taste of Pie in the form of beta.

V1511372468702 likes this.
  4. RemusW
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

RemusW , Dec 12, 2018 :
    haven't been able to download it yet. ohh I'll install it check it out for a couple of days. then use the new vendor partition blobs to improve my custom ROM. great timing releasing it literally before the launch of the McLaren 6T almost like they planned it that ...... wait they did lol.

enjoy it everyone we waited long enough for it lol.

5. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2018

zer0se7en , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Yeah. I think they did it on purpose too. Well, it's business. Everything needs to be planned ahead and they needed to spice it up first. Which I think actually worked.

But still, I do think 4months ain't that long. And I'm quite sure stable builds will take longer than how it was before. They have 2 new babies to attend to now.

By the way, what was the name of the ROM you are working on and for what device? I'm quite skeptic and needed to check it out.

6. Bibin Alexander
    Froyo Dec 12, 2018

Bibin Alexander , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Looks like this is going to be an incremental OTA update. Still waiting for it. Btw how's it? Is the ROM stable? Is the performance good?

7. RemusW
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

RemusW , Dec 12, 2018 :
    When I got home I checked for an update and there it was. Downloaded and installed it. looks good but not really had chance to play with it yet. Did full factory reset to ensure nothing from previous beta interferes with this new pie.

Nothing wrong with scepticism its a natural defence mechanism. As far as taking a look at the rom I build I'm afraid that there is nothing on any public website for you to find as I have never released anything for others to see or use. Like I said I build for my own pleasure and learning. I'm nowhere near good enough to be displaying my work to others yet am very much still finding my feet and have much to learn. I can if your interested find a screenshot or two of a past rom I worked on. I have built a couple of roms based on AOSP and lineage for the nexus 6P, the Samsung Note 3 and am currently working on one for my 5T based on the pixel experience rom. That one is currently not booting as I added a couple of things that broke something and am working on fixing it. Happy to discuss this all more in PM but for now better get back on topic before someone complains and reports me lol.

On the subject of this pie beta have you noticed the build date ?
    The filename gives you all the info on when it was built. OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_026_all_1812052331_d9e594c.zip
    It was built on 05-12-18 Weds at 23:31.
    If you look at the about phone info/android version. It shows the kernel was built on the same date and approx. the same time. That's normal as the rom and kernel are normally built inline ie at the same time to create the finished rom. But not always but that's a discussion for another time.

This means that the rom was built a week ago. Now reasons and motives for only releasing it today am not going to start another argument with anyone by going into. Everyone has a different idea on this.

Just putting this out there so debate this amongst yourselves :)

8. F_Divyesh_Kumar_AZXU
    Honeycomb Dec 13, 2018

F_Divyesh_Kumar_AZXU , Dec 13, 2018 :
    yep!!
    it is really smooth, the look and feel of it just makes you happy :p
    Battery is really amazing too.

Bibin Alexander and sachkharb like this.
  9. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2018

sachkharb , Dec 13, 2018 :

gud job bro and nice observation ... according to me McLaren is damn important for them than us

10. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Dec 13, 2018

LegolasX , Dec 13, 2018 :
    of course it is important.
    they are not going to postpone their business deal just to provide update for a year older devices. they don't get paid for updates unlike business deal.

sachkharb likes this.
  11. Bibin Alexander
    Froyo Dec 13, 2018

Bibin Alexander , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Wohaoo! I just can't wait to get my hands on to the new update. Thanks for the quick info Divyesh.

F_Divyesh_Kumar_AZXU likes this.
  12. W1544672805912
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2018

13. sachkharb

but they shouldn't forget "New friends may be diamonds but Old is Gold"

14. V1544629472439
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2018

15. sachkharb

dude, R u in Ice Age? :p

16. V1544629472439
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2018

17. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2018

sachkharb , Dec 14, 2018 :
    do a factory reset after taking data backup

18. venioni
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2018

venioni , Dec 15, 2018 :
    why removed stable rom from official web site ? the only available download rom is the beta Pie rom .

19. Icecreamypie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2018

20. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Dec 16, 2018