1. lutti
    KitKat Jun 17, 2018

lutti , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Yes this is for all of us.

2. gerardvanschip
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2018

gerardvanschip , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Updated to be easier to understand:

German VPN did not work for me this time but the Canadian VPN was good. Don't see any differences on my OnePlus 6 but then again I almost never use my OnePlus 6 as a phone, it's more of a mini tablet and camera for me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

3. MD_18
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2018

MD_18 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    so what? show-off huh. why you're posting useless things.

4. N1527869090276
    Donut Jun 17, 2018

N1527869090276 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    lol go to xda developer forum to grab the file , put it at the local storage folder, through setting , use the local upgrade function.

5. Dharii
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

6. lutti
    KitKat Jun 17, 2018

lutti , Jun 17, 2018 :
    I'm amazed you use canada as a phone even some times! :eek:

catalini82 likes this.
  7. gerardvanschip
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2018

gerardvanschip , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Huh? Vpn... That's what most people reply with, which vpn country already has the update.

8. lutti
    KitKat Jun 17, 2018

lutti , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Well what you said was basically that you used canada as a phone. Not sure what you use as phone then if you weren't saying what you were saying. :rolleyes:

catalini82 likes this.
  9. MD_18
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2018

MD_18 , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Well it's been 8hrs since I'm using 5.1.8 and i haven't seen much of a difference from previous 5.1.7 or 5.1.6. as both were working fine for me. I was hoping to see the June security patch but it's still not here. So the things I've noticed so far-

Battery life: it's kinda same as it was before and on normal usage i get upto 7hrs of SOT.

Optimisation: all i can say is that after updating to 5.1.8 the phone's running very smoothly and i haven't noticed any lag so far. Games like Pubg and Asphalt are running without any lag.

heating: well i encountered heating issue after updating to 5.1.7. phone was heating a lot while charging. i know there's always a lil heating while charging but in 5.1.7 the difference was quite significant. now im happy that after 5.1.8 that issue is gone. thanks again Oneplus for fixing that issue on such short notice.

Ram management: this is the major section that's left untouched and idk why but they're not doing anything. it's the same so nothing new here. large amount of ram is always occupied.

sounds: the speaker volume and quality is same. and i don't think that it can be improved further coz they didn't use a nice hardware so it sucks. one thing they can do is to provide a seperate volume adjustment for notifications as the notifications sound is so loud and i didn't like it.

camera: it's also the same as it was in 5.1.6 and it still struggle sometimes to focus properly. i think Oneplus development team is lacking in this section as the optimisation and quality of images produced are not upto the mark. Eagerly waiting for the Google camera stable version for Oneplus 6.

Finally, the people who didn't get the update kindly download any vpn app from playstore and set the region to Germany or canada and check again. and if you can wait then you'll receive the update in upcoming days without this vpn thing. Also it's mentioned so many times so please start reading previous comments rather creating the new ones.

for those who are getting any trouble after updating or any lag then please clear you cache from both storage and factory settings option and it'll rectify your problems. and if you can do a factory reset then it's the best option. do take a backup before erasing everything.

for people who always bother about the SOT and battery backup: it depends on the no. of apps you're using and the type of use. it's different for everyone. for example sometimes on ligh usage i get max. 7.5-8 hrs of SOT and when i when i play games like Pubg or any heavy usage then it's around 5hrs of SOT at max. So stop complaining and ranting as its a psychological problem and not the software one.

Once again thanks a lot @OnePlus for this quick update and the users who take time and read this.

10. Dharii
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2018

Dharii , Jun 17, 2018 :
    Thank You

11. R_Shoulders
    Eclair Jun 17, 2018

R_Shoulders , Jun 17, 2018 :
    lol [e]1f602[/e]

kumar alok2091 likes this.
  12. gdirson
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

gdirson , Jun 18, 2018 :
    Hello Pat14,

have you tried to put your Sim card in the slot 2 or a second tip is to take the Sim out while phone turned off and then restart without Sim card and then insert the Sim card while on.
    I've read this for the 4g issue concerning free and maybe other networks.

salut Pat14,

as tu essayé de mettre ta sim dans le 2eme emplacement de sim ? ou alors d'éteindre ton tel, retirer la sim, rallumer et remettre la sim une fois que le tel est déverrouillé?

j'ai lu ça sur un forum au sujet du problème de la 4g en Europe pour Free mais pas seulement, il me semble.

tiens moi au jus. pour ma part, je ne suis plus en France donc je ne peux pas rester.

13. Sathelp
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2018

Sathelp , Jun 18, 2018 :
    same problem here. 4,18 on full charge!

14. pat14
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

pat14 , Jun 18, 2018 :
    j'ai tout essayé le seul moyen de récupérer la 4G de temps en temps c'est de se mettre en mode avion et de revenir à la normale

15. maddy3499
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2018

16. gdirson
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

gdirson , Jun 18, 2018 :
    An other thing is to wipe cache after installation following the procedure indicated in this thread.

good luck

Un autre point est de nettoyer le cache, suivant la procédure indiquée dans ce sujet après une installation.

A+

17. gdirson
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

gdirson , Jun 18, 2018 :
    même sur le 2eme slot?
    après un wipe cache?
    en redémarrant sans sim?
    en positionnant une sim d'un autre opérateur avant de revenir sur Free ?
    si tu as tout essayé, et bien c'est qu'il va te falloir patienter une prochaine version...
    dsl
    sache que j'ai eu le même souci et que sur un autre opérateur à l'étranger, je n'ai aucun souci, ça fonctionne nickel.

bon courage...

18. pat14
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

19. thejase
    Froyo Jun 18, 2018

thejase , Jun 18, 2018 :
    go into oxygen launcher settings. there is a setting in there to double tap to sleep the screen. it requires you be at the homescreen and double-tap in an empty area NOT on icons. hope this helps.

filicim likes this.
  20. Mr.Weslei
    Eclair Jun 18, 2018