OxygenOS 9.0.10(9.0.11 Hotfix) OTA for OnePlus 6T

1. jozydblur Gingerbread Jan 6, 2019

jozydblur, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Read your previous post...was starting to think you didn't. That's good you know. Alot of people that actually wipe the cache don't know. My cache only gets to wipe when it's beyond my control like.....
    *switching from open beta to stable
    *switching between custom ROMs..etc
    My cache stays intact after every OTA update, and I dont experience any issues...

2. jozydblur Gingerbread Jan 6, 2019

jozydblur, Jan 6, 2019 :
    He knows you know. Probably he wants you to say more....

3. jozydblur Gingerbread Jan 6, 2019

jozydblur, Jan 6, 2019 :

anupritaisno1

Arguing with you is useless as you believe all the nonsense you write

Come back when you've read some code

A bit of a warning:
    Except in the real world the cache invalidation policy could be wrong, and old data is cached and now stale, clearing the cache will fix that (woot!). In the real world the data may also be “now stale” but can’t currently be refetched, so clearing the cache will expose a problem (boo!)​

In the development community we call this "witch hunting"

Prove that the algorithm is inefficient otherwise you're just making conspiracy theories like "windows spies on you" without any proof that it does

Developers do not like baseless arguments. Link to the code and show proof that it is inefficient

Now as for your English

This should have already given you a hint that the "cache" you're clearing was just named "cache" and doesn't perform the functions of a cache

misnomer = wrong or inaccurate use of a name or term

https://www.google.com/search?q=misnomer

Now as for what the cache really is

Note: these links won't open in the community app, use a browser

A thread created just to tell users not to wipe cache:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/stop-wiping-cache.978788/

I have explained what the cache partition does here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-plus-5-lags-after-9-0.974976/page-3#post-19739253

Here's a technical explanation on why clearing the cache is a very bad idea
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/closed-battery-performance.911024/#post-19181266

Here's an explanation about how dash charge causes battery drain because users don't realise that their phone needs to be left at 100% on a charger for a few hours otherwise they will face battery drain
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/request-to-bring-a-update.974731/#post-19736894

Also note this

The compiler used for comping the ART cache will compile in a way that the resultant is always the same. You can even verify the hash before and after by forcing a manual optimisation and they will match as long as only the cache was cleared and neither the ROM nor the app were changed or updated

Still want to wipe caches after learning the truth? It solves nothing​

solves nothing. The thread is there for all to read yet I still see the "clear cache" recommendation everytime., and they don't stop to wonder why nothing happens after it's cleared...

4. F_Lora_Betts_kAKt Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

F_Lora_Betts_kAKt, Jan 6, 2019 :
    I never got this update I got my new phone and I have 9.01 that was updated in November. multiple times I have check for updates and it says I have the newest one. I'm having problems with my phone icon I push it and it immediately closes and then tells me your phone keeps closing. T-Mobile tells me it's a software issue so I don't know what to do

5. hiimanshh Eclair Jan 6, 2019

hiimanshh, Jan 6, 2019 :
    i got oxygen OS 9.0.11 .......last i was on 9.0.7 ...to direct 9.0.11 ..ok its gud
    1546805651071.jpg

1546805651094.jpg

f00tbaLL likes this.
  6. F_Lora_Betts_kAKt Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

7. ironass KitKat Jan 6, 2019

ironass, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Hi F_Lora_Betts!

You have the the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T on their 9.0.1 update which, currently, is the latest until they release their new update, generally.

It is NOT a good idea to post your phone number on the forum as you do not know who is reading it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019

8. hiimanshh Eclair Jan 6, 2019

hiimanshh, Jan 6, 2019 :
    goto setting> system > system updates

there u can find ...if its available for ur region

9. F_Lora_Betts_kAKt Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

10. hiimanshh Eclair Jan 6, 2019

hiimanshh, Jan 6, 2019 :
    check if u can do it via edit

11. ironass KitKat Jan 6, 2019

ironass, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Select, "Edit", in that post.

12. F_Lora_Betts_kAKt Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

13. hiimanshh Eclair Jan 6, 2019

hiimanshh, Jan 6, 2019 :
    tell him to delete his post ...simple ..

14. anupritaisno1 KitKat Jan 6, 2019

anupritaisno1, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Sorry but "oneplus would have told him as well"?

Please show me a link where a oneplus software engineer has told users to wipe cache

Oh and linking to their Twitter tech support won't work because they are tech support and not software engineers

I do not care what your career is. You aren't telling people about medicine here are you? If you were talking about medicine it would have been a different story

If you want to tell others to do something first you should find out why it works. Tell me this - let's say a patient comes to you with a headache would you simply prescribe without asking anything else or looking for any signs
    Tell me, would you not try to find the cause of the issue?

Then why won't you do the same for android?

Because that's what you did here. You went ahead and told a person with lag to wipe cache without finding out the cause of the issue without trying anything else

Stop saying "this isn't my career". If it isn't then go and read before you talk about it. Feelings don't matter be it medicine or programming and "I think" doesn't either. Try to find the cause before you give the solution

15. ironass KitKat Jan 6, 2019

16. F_Lora_Betts_kAKt Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

17. ironass KitKat Jan 6, 2019

ironass, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Your post viewed in Google Chrome...
    [​IMG]

I would delete the entire screenie as your, "Attached File", can be clicked on and opened.

18. Sawan44 Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

19. Auxqii Honeycomb Jan 6, 2019

Auxqii, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Ok.

20. Auxqii Honeycomb Jan 6, 2019

Auxqii, Jan 6, 2019 :
    jozydblur

He knows you know. Probably he wants you to say more....

Um, I don't know. I don't wanna assume.

What I do know is that he is been offensive because I told someone to do something without knowing exactly what was that (it wasn't lethal, but he compared medicine with programming), and then use this fact to show off. We get it, he is experienced and probably have dated a cache, I didn't and will not doubt that- but it gets hilarious at some point. It's like talking to a 14 year old. He needs to calm a bit.

Yes, I was wrong. Yes, I admit it. Wiping cache won't help the guy to solve his issue and it might temporary slow down his device (Omg, I'm going to hell for that) So? I take the responsibility. The worst thing it can happen to that guy is to come over here and yell at me because I misguided him, lol. But, no, a programmer with an anime profile picture will be here to police me. It's alright.

jozydblur likes this.