2. Michał Dzięcielski
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

3. Sakib748
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020

4. vinodh_dasari
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020

vinodh_dasari , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 29, 2020 :
    I think it's problem with Google app

I didn't download the above update... but still getting same issue with Google app

paulomodesto and HalCapone like this.
  5. fajarlc86
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

fajarlc86 , Feb 29, 2020 :
    same here.. oneplus 5, force close for google app.. solution: hard reset, so far so good..

KetanParmar likes this.
  6. HalCapone
    Honeycomb Feb 29, 2020

HalCapone , Feb 29, 2020 :
    Yeah I just went to use the app 2min agao and it's gone back to opening and closing again

SennahoJ likes this.
  7. Sam241292
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

markgangte96, KetanParmar and Omar5T like this.
  8. RakeshZn
    Gingerbread Feb 29, 2020

9. HBP87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 29, 2020

HBP87 , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 29, 2020 :
    No, you cannot as face unlock is not much secured as compared to FP/password.

10. HBP87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 29, 2020

11. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Feb 29, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Feb 29, 2020 :
    I guess the problem must be with the Google App.
    What's strange is that there was no google app update that could made this, must be some server change related, and only happen with OnePlus 5 and 5T Smartphones, and not other OnePlus devices or other brands.
    That I know, there was staged out that OnePlus Smartphones would receive an feature by Google server that put Google assistant feature running on screen when Smartphone is charging, maybe something related with this implementation went wrong.

I will not hard reset my OnePlus 5T just to fix this.
    I guess OnePlus will not pronounce about this, and we will not have a quick fix for it from them.
    I'll wait for it to fix by himself in the next days, if it keeps this behavior I guess It's time to see what other brands have to give me!

KetanParmar, SennahoJ and Omar5T like this.
  12. D1511587380662
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020

D1511587380662 , via OnePlus 5T , Feb 29, 2020 :

paulomodesto

I guess the problem must be with the Google App.
    What's strange is that there was no google app update that could made this, must be some server change related, and only happen with OnePlus 5 and 5T Smartphones, and not other OnePlus devices or other brands.
    That I know, there was staged out that OnePlus Smartphones would receive an feature by Google server that put Google assistant feature running on screen when Smartphone is charging, maybe something related with this implementation went wrong.

I will not hard reset my OnePlus 5T just to fix this.
    I guess OnePlus will not pronounce about this, and we will not have a quick fix for it from them.
    I'll wait for it to fix by himself in the next days, if it keeps this behavior I guess It's time to see what other brands have to give me!​

Agreed, not every problem in the phone needs a hard reset. To add to that, EVERYONE, not EVERY single issue that you experience in the phone is to be blamed at OnePlus or their updates, yes there are bugs, but stuff like the Google app, Pubg performance, any other app issues could be related to the app stability and not OnePlus. Also stop hating them for not giving an early android 10 update for the 5/5t, if it comes it comes, if not, our phones are still very well operable with all the apps and essentials.

KetanParmar likes this.
  13. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Feb 29, 2020

I'm not hating them to give early update for Android 10 "even that for me it's not early since Android 10 was launched already for almost an year and Google as already launched early version of Android 11 for testing purposes".

My OnePlus 5T is running latest beta rom available that have almost 10 month old and is outdated as you can assume.
    So update to latest Android version is not my primary concern.

I better stick with this outdated beta rom than have living with a very buggy stable and updated rom that OnePlus don't concerned correcting it.

Have been enjoying my smartphone as it, but in the latest week's I've been experienced lots of slowness in actions and transitions that manage the Smartphone to be inoperable.
    Only a reboot can fix it.

Now, this Google App crashing, maybe that is Google's fault but this is only happening with OnePlus devices, and OP5/5T only, so I guess OP have it's on responsibility on this behavior.
    The ugly of that, is that OnePlus even knowing this behavior will not spend time to try to fix it, and Google don't know that it's app is force close on some OP5/5T devices.

Omar5T likes this.
  14. thiagomz
    Donut Feb 29, 2020

15. Pierre02
    Honeycomb Feb 29, 2020

16. Omar5T
    Honeycomb Feb 29, 2020

Omar5T , via OnePlus 5T , Feb 29, 2020 :
    google app is also crashing in 3T as well....i tried to fix it by joining beta, update, then leaving beta and deleting beta....it was fixed, n the google app was working...but again it has stated to crash....im going to uninstall the google update from play store...leys see if that works.... I'm quite frustrated with this issue, feel like cursing now...🤬

paulomodesto

I'm not hating them to give early update for Android 10 "even that for me it's not early since Android 10 was launched already for almost an year and Google as already launched early version of Android 11 for testing purposes".

My OnePlus 5T is running latest beta rom available that have almost 10 month old and is outdated as you can assume.
    So update to latest Android version is not my primary concern.

I better stick with this outdated beta rom than have living with a very buggy stable and updated rom that OnePlus don't concerned correcting it.

Have been enjoying my smartphone as it, but in the latest week's I've been experienced lots of slowness in actions and transitions that manage the Smartphone to be inoperable.
    Only a reboot can fix it.

Now, this Google App crashing, maybe that is Google's fault but this is only happening with OnePlus devices, and OP5/5T only, so I guess OP have it's on responsibility on this behavior.
    The ugly of that, is that OnePlus even knowing this behavior will not spend time to try to fix it, and Google don't know that it's app is force close on some OP5/5T devices.​

17. Pierre02
    Honeycomb Feb 29, 2020

Pierre02 , Feb 29, 2020 :
    I found out that the app crashes when you try to open Discovery page. For example, all the search components work well and also Google Assistant

KetanParmar likes this.
  18. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Feb 29, 2020

Yes!
    The question here is, why?

19. pamken
    Donut Feb 29, 2020

pamken , via OnePlus 5T , Feb 29, 2020 :
    phone experience 5T is soooooo alow and buggy at times, OP please fix asap, very disappointed and already decided to stick to Samsung next upgrade

Omar5T and KetanParmar like this.
  20. KetanParmar
    Froyo Mar 1, 2020

KetanParmar , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 1, 2020 :
    update with too many bugs. It seems it was not an improvement update, conversely an decrement update. Its being almost a month everyone is facing issue, but still no official communication by OP team.

How many more days do we need to suffer ??

Omar5T likes this.