OxygenOS 9.0.12 OTA for the OnePlus 6T and OxygenOS 9.0.4 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. Srínívas Sñ
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

2. YupRock
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2019

YupRock , Apr 16, 2019 :
    It's over two months now since last update, and security patch is still January. Hope oneplus brings update soon

Ashpo likes this.
  3. Parasher. Amit
    Froyo Apr 16, 2019

4. kpmistry1977
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

5. K1539522821760
    Froyo Apr 16, 2019

6. fidus62
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

fidus62 , Apr 16, 2019 :
    I hope not... my device runs excellent!

7. Emilio_Calvo
    Eclair Apr 16, 2019

Marcordella_ITA and Ashpo like this.
  8. Adex0ne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

Adex0ne , Apr 16, 2019 :
    if you can go for beta, you have no issues , having updates isn't a problem but a meaningful update, I guess that's what we should crave for

andythw likes this.
  9. Abruzini
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

srikanth.s and TheMadKing like this.
  10. TheMadKing
    Froyo Apr 16, 2019

TheMadKing , Apr 16, 2019 :
    If stable comes with last month's patch a lot of people are going to be angry

aresza20 likes this.
  11. Abruzini
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

Abruzini , Apr 16, 2019 :
    For sure... Lets wait and see what will be delivered for us, oxygenos users.

12. TheMadKing
    Froyo Apr 16, 2019

I particularly don't care about the security updates that much - I want the RAM management issues to be fixed.
    But a lot of people do care. And while I might be wrong, I don't think that keeping security patches up to date, or at the very least delivering stable updates with the patch of the month they are launched in is too much an effort on the side of the developers when compared to the benefits in reputation that it would bring.

13. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl , Apr 16, 2019 :
    oneplus strategy: how to make most of the people use Beta Version... not giving out updates for stable versions.

this way, they can allow themselves bugs in their software, it's just 'Beta'.
    if it is true that the next security patch comes with march patch (like written above) i will throw this device into the trashcan hehe

14. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

kaihp , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Oneplus have a lot of users who enjoy complaining, so even if they updated to the April 5 patch, those users would complain about something else. Like putting in such new security patches, because they "aren't tested well enough". Or something.

aresza20, ade0410 and ironass like this.
  15. TheMadKing
    Froyo Apr 16, 2019

Maybe. Or maybe not. Unlike the magical battery issues that some people are having though, the security are an "issue" that OnePlus can do something about, and it would be to their advantage.

16. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Every Smartphone company is given latest security patch by Google if they have latest software interpreted when month starts then its up to the company to give it firstly or with a update of their choice, its all about fast updates and latest security patches, Oneplus is right now behind their schedule but they are working very deeply to give their users the best stable update yet and lets do not forget the same thing happened when Oneplus 6T was coming close to launch and they delivered.

17. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl , Apr 16, 2019 :

kaihp

Oneplus have a lot of users who enjoy complaining, so even if they updated to the April 5 patch, those users would complain about something else. Like putting in such new security patches, because they "aren't tested well enough". Or something.​

if there are a lot of users complaining, they cant all be wrong i guess...
    i like the phone, but update policy is bad (if you are on stable ota). Oneplus needs to work on that.

i am really curious when the next stable ota will come.. and if it comes, it should not include the old march patch. other manufacturers are able to do this, so i think its not impossible for Oneplus to do this to.
    i dont want my newly updated phone to run already one month behind, i guess this is not to much to ask

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

18. edy90s
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2019

edy90s , Apr 16, 2019 :
    99% will be the same : (

19. Miguel Quezada
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

Miguel Quezada , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Ohh!!! My life will be so much better after the update!!! Got to figure out what to complain about, after... Oh, i know: "my phone is heating up", "oh, batery backup is not good", "oh, my security patch is already delayed 2 weeks again"... Damn, oneplus!!

juscoll likes this.
  20. F_Ricardo_Oliveira_lTHR
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2019