OxygenOS 9.0.12 OTA for the OnePlus 6T and OxygenOS 9.0.4 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. D1555457057252 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

2. Q1555316082601 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Q1555316082601, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Party people does anyone have this issue? When my Bluetooth headset is connected, no sound comes out of the phones speakers. Only the headset.
    However the alarm and ring tone sound on both..... Any suggestions?

3. G_Meng_Xu_niXY Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

4. ironass KitKat Apr 17, 2019

ironass, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Sometime this month, we are given to understand.

fidus62 likes this.
  5. kaihp Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

kaihp, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Beware the old joke that 100.000.000.000 flies can't be wrong - so you should be eating feces too.

I disagree about the update policy for stable is bad. They've said every second month, and they are sticking to it so far.

If you really want to talk about a bad update policy/cadence, we can talk about the OP2. That was the biggest Oneplus shit-show ever (maybe with the exception of how the X users were treated).

fidus62 likes this.
  6. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl, Apr 17, 2019 :
    But then i don't fully agree fully with you. Guess different users are just having different expectations, what is normal.

We're over 2 months now since the last update, but that is not even the biggest problem. My concern is that they release their updates with old security patches... Result: soon the january patch will be 4 months old.. (google claimed security patches should not be older than 90 days, even the phone marks the security patch red).
    So when you get the update, you're already running behind, and that is just not cool... why do other manufacturers manage to do this and give out the actual security patches?
    Oneplus just doesn't seem to be able to manage this right...

For me, updates for the Oneplus 6t are good if you join Beta Program, if you don't they're not.
    And for me its ok when stable OTA comes every 2 months.
    But if they release the next stable OTA with march patch, the security patch is almost 7 weeks old... and the story begins again
    I can write this a hundered times, i guess there will always be people who don't understand it, others agree with me.

It's my first oneplus , so i can't judge the Oneplus 2 hehe

robin143 likes this.
  7. ngydat KitKat Apr 17, 2019

ngydat, Apr 17, 2019 :
    One PLus never gives a date of release for any update

8. tushar.gaikwad Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

tushar.gaikwad, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Let them take a few days and hope they release updates with the April patch.

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl likes this.
  9. G_Cihat_Hazar_pjwK Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

G_Cihat_Hazar_pjwK, Apr 17, 2019 :
    To update addicts :)

We know last update date is February 12 but there is an info on official download page and shows last update date is February 21. So still oneplus has time to follow and fit their time-line

You can expect new stable update till end of this week, i guess

1555490238222.jpg

10. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl, Apr 17, 2019 :
    i know there is written another date on their site, don't know why... maybe OTA came earlier than the date when they uploaded it on their site...? anyway, 2 months passed since the last update hehe
    but lets not be that rude, i would be happy if it comes this week and if it is a good update featuring april patch. i would really prefer waiting a couple of days more than being on march patch after the update. this way they could catch up and also future updates would be more up to date

11. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 17, 2019 :
    the rom comes later than actual ota roll out.
    the update was available on 12th not 21st. so they already crossed the 2 months if that matters to whomever.
    update will come tomorrow, next week... don't care. not that it will make any major changes to my device running perfectly fine with last stable release.

12. TheMadKing Froyo Apr 17, 2019

TheMadKing, Apr 17, 2019 :
    But there are people there with issues, especially related to the aggressive RAM management.
    The issue that most people have I believe isn't necessarily that OnePlus broke their promise or not by two days, it's the lack of any sort of information. I know that they don't give ETA's and that it's bad to ask developers such things, but if they do break their promise they should at least say something.

And the issue of security updates is a completely fair one. If there are people who don't care about it, good for them. But hoping that OnePlus releases a stable update with at the very least the security patch of the month it is launched in doesn't seem too much.

13. avurhd Donut Apr 17, 2019

avurhd, Apr 17, 2019 :
    This is expected behaviour across android devices

kaihp likes this.
  14. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 17, 2019 :
    maybe software update is important for some people and others may not care.
    being with OnePlus from the days when they were nothing, i can say that OnePlus are not good with the communication to their users.
    we all know op2 debacle and how opx was treated with complete silence. They have since changed their stance but i don't suppose they will change much.
    issues or not i am sure OnePlus have records of bugs via their bug hunter team. its upto them how its handled.
    they shot to fame with their faster updates and oxygen os, but they are being sloppy as the number of devices increases in their inventory.
    i have absolutely no idea how to run a company nor do i care what makes them tick. the sooner we adjust our expectations from them the better we feel about these software updates. i mean its just a piece of software in the end.
    moreover
    the reality here is no matter how much fuss the users create in community, its never enough to force OnePlus to care.
    they will do what they want, not the other way around.

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl likes this.
  15. TheMadKing Froyo Apr 17, 2019

TheMadKing, Apr 17, 2019 :
    That is true, but I'd argue that a majority of users do care about them. I believe that Android as a whole should focus more on updates. And also my personal belief is that in the case of Oxygen OS, OnePlus should focus more on stability and performance than on adding new features.
    Well, here is where the experience is going to differ. My current OnePlus 6 is my first OP phone, and already OnePlus seems to be on a divine level in terms of communication with their users compared to HTC and Samsung. I have heard about the OP2 and the OPX but I didn't experience it, and stuff like hearing that the 3/3T will receive Android Pie eventually is is a point in their favor.
    It is, but it's difficult to carefully search that thread. Adding a list of known bugs to these threads right at the beginning with links to the bug threads would both improve communication and transparency, and would direct people towards complaining where they should do instead of filling the discussion threads with bug discussions.
    That is true, and that is why I personally believe that they should drop the T device strategy and release one phone a year. Or maybe as we hear, a normal phone and a Pro device together.
    That is true - but OnePlus have promised bimonthly updates. There are always going to be people complaining for nothing, and OnePlus shouldn't care - but if they promised something they should keep that promise. Or at the very least they should be more transparent about it - about the specifics (does it count from when the OTA was first pushed out, or from when they post the ROM file to their website?), and if they do somehow have issues with following that program - which is understandable, especially if they're working on Pie for 3/T and on launching new phones, they should just come out and say so. The issue of most users isn't necessarily with the lack of an update, but with the feeling that they are ignored.

G_Tony_R_HSNo and Abruzini like this.
  16. kaihp Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

kaihp, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Manu J. started this very thread on February 12th (with the first comments pouring in the same day), so we have to take that as the release date.

The OOS compile date was January 23, which is why it only had the January security patch.

But yes, I'd like to get a new update as well.

fidus62 and G_Luc_Haas_DVWl like this.
  17. A1555135982577 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

A1555135982577, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Yes, I recently got it. was going to buy an iPhone but I had never seen such stability and smoothness on an Android. Previously it was limited to the iPhone. Whether it's animations or multitasking. I am just loving my OnePlus.

18. felipemendes Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

felipemendes, Apr 17, 2019 :
    I'm sorry to say that a new update won't solve this problem, as people should know how to solve it if they knew how to search. There are some apps that will stick in the memory, and some won't - by default. You just have to tell the system which apps should remain in memory.

Auristic likes this.
  19. kaihp Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

kaihp, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Yes, it is actually possible to have a calm discussion about this on the forum, despite it's shortcomings.

I do not agree that the 9.0.4 was released with an "old" security patch: the QA process (which is important) take some time and the ~3 weeks from the kernel compile (Jan23) to the actual release (Feb12) make sense ... to me, at least. If you insist on "having the latest security update" you are basically making a blackout window for sendding out patches in the first 2 to 3 weeks of every month. To me, that is not a very smart idea.

Oh, and also: can you please tell me how long time has passed since Feb 12? - The way I learned to count days, there are 2 months and 5 days between Feb12 and Apr17 (today).

The one point where I'd like to call you out is the following:
    Understanding you and agreeing with you are two separate points; they're orthogonal. Please handle them as that as well.

20. test123123123 Froyo Apr 17, 2019

test123123123, Apr 17, 2019 :
    no complaints here. stable and running perfectly fine.

can I understand though what has really changed after project treble. it was supposed to make rollouts faster but there has been no noticeable change.

again not a complaint. for me things are stable enough that if there was never another update I would still be perfectly happy.