OxygenOS 9.0.12 OTA for the OnePlus 6T and OxygenOS 9.0.4 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl, Apr 17, 2019 :

kaihp

Yes, it is actually possible to have a calm discussion about this on the forum, despite it's shortcomings.

I do not agree that the 9.0.4 was released with an "old" security patch: the QA process (which is important) take some time and the ~3 weeks from the kernel compile (Jan23) to the actual release (Feb12) make sense ... to me, at least. If you insist on "having the latest security update" you are basically making a blackout window for sendding out patches in the first 2 to 3 weeks of every month. To me, that is not a very smart idea.

Oh, and also: can you please tell me how long time has passed since Feb 12? - The way I learned to count days, there are 2 months and 5 days between Feb12 and Apr17 (today).

The one point where I'd like to call you out is the following:

Understanding you and agreeing with you are two separate points; they're orthogonal. Please handle them as that as well.​

So you say the january patch we got in february was new? hehe ...so let's say it wasn't the newest security patch. If this is so hard to archive, why are other manufacturers able to do it? (in your so called black window). so why is that no smart idea , just because Oneplus is not capable of doing it? I wouln't set a timeline... what i mean is, that in this case i would even wait a little longer to get the newest patch. this way users wouldn't run around with a patch that will soon be 4 months old.
    i know it are just some days over their 1-2 months, that's why i didnt focus much on that part.. even if it takes one more week to bring out the new update, it should not feature the march patch, which is soon 7 weeks "old" (or "new")

i guess we could write much here, but would never come to the same point hehe. you seem to find that Oneplus does a good job with stable OTA, and thats ok for me. In my opinion, they could do much better

furthermore, sorry for my bad english, it s one of 5 languages i speak, and it s not that common here in my country. next time i will write "agree" if that makes a major change to you hehe

2. bassopt Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

3. TheMadKing Froyo Apr 17, 2019

TheMadKing, Apr 17, 2019 :
    I shouldn't have to manually do such a thing in a device with 8 GB RAM. No one should. Aggressive RAM management should only happen if battery saving features are activated, otherwise I believe that all users would expect to be able to properly use their RAM to the fullest.

4. pcoventry Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

pcoventry, Apr 17, 2019 :
    The phone does not put out a signal on 5G when using the hotspot - no problem with WIFI as in connecting to a network - just as a hotspot.

5. robin143 Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

6. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2019

drl431 and Adex0ne like this.
  7. Adex0ne Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

Auristic likes this.
  8. mihir7241 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

mihir7241, Apr 17, 2019 :
    why have the fresh updates on security patches and firmware stopped? last update was almost 2 months ago. not expecting this from OnePlus to transform into Samsung.

Sasalilim likes this.
  9. Kytharsis Lollipop Apr 17, 2019

Kytharsis, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Read the update thread again. 1 stable update every 2 months.

drl431 likes this.
  10. jasemanONE Eclair Apr 17, 2019

jasemanONE, Apr 17, 2019 :
    I don't know why so many people...maybe not as many as it seems....are begging for an update? Does your phone not work properly? Will a new security patch really make any difference at all in anything the phone does? I've never even had a virus on a Windows PC much less any issues at all with an Android phone. I most certainly would rather receive an update that DOES NOT BREAK ANYTHING rather than get one that causes more problems than it fixes! So then, OnePlus...take your time and get it right!

ade0410 likes this.
  11. Adex0ne Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

Adex0ne, Apr 17, 2019 :
    It is falling sick and going to a medical laboratory and after a thorough check and test, you were told what was wrong with you with vocabularies you could never find in the dictionary.

That's the case with security patch , o still wonder what would happen to my device if I fail to update it's security patch

12. Lelander2015 Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

Lelander2015, Apr 18, 2019 :
    pie coming through on 3 is making me care less about this update. one plus honoring important commitments

13. Dolly Deshmukh Eclair Apr 18, 2019

14. YupRock Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

YupRock, Apr 18, 2019 :
    How do u kw

15. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl, Apr 18, 2019 :

Dolly Deshmukh

today we can expect new update.....​

if you say so hehe... dont believe it will come this week, but would be nice

16. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Apr 18, 2019 :
    Exactly which part is not factual.

LegolasX likes this.
  17. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 18, 2019 :
    and its not correct what the person said?

18. Adex0ne Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

Adex0ne, Apr 18, 2019 :
    Express your own view in the comment box , I see it all as assumptions same way we r assuming here .

Every single user of OnePlus device can tell that same story base on what we know they're on to.

I can only have a point to prove when they have @least 20 devices out there and they're doing nothing about it .

in between, open beta update came up for 3/3t

Presently, I can say they only have just a hand full of devs working on ROM s for different devices . Hence OnePlus needs to increase the team of devs

Else we'll have more problems in future when it comes to updates .

I don't expect a merge of devices released at different times of the year when if they're powered by same chipset , bugs on them differ. And I don't see these bugs being addressed based on user feedback rather a combined update with app features.

Tell me, how does the guy's write-up justify this?

Why I said it's his opinion, express yours in the comment box

and above is my own view about the whole scenario, staring with device merging

That's my own view

19. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 18, 2019 :
    the question here is what he wrote is a fact that there are no updates and the flagship still running January patch. so what is there to discuss ? what are you even implying? its his thoughts yes, but he is right about the fact that updates are not available.
    so what are you arguing about?

20. Adex0ne Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

Adex0ne, Apr 18, 2019 :
    No argument, u just wrote what I wrote earlier, it his opinion, and I have a different view about it, which is also my opinion based on my own fact that bugs ain't fixed despite updates being pushed , forget the timing and let's look critically into it.

Beta users ain't complaining though, I guess they only missed Feb sec patch , now the house is divided , what about that?