Kytharsis likes this.
  2. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

ojasviakku , May 16, 2019 :
    It started just after the update... Vodafone and Jio in India

3. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

M Mihai Tudor , May 16, 2019 :
    Did you even read what I replied earlier?
    You're telling me that you had time to discharge and recharge the phone 3 times in 24 hours?

4. treskinze
    Eclair May 16, 2019

treskinze , May 16, 2019 :
    it's up to you to understand what i said. of course i read it.

5. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

You are very lucky if you manage to fully charge a phone 3 times in 24 hours (considering that 8 hours should be of sleep)...
    I wish you all the best and try to outperform yourself next time... Push for 6 full charges(0-100%) in the next 24 hours... ;)

6. ironass
    Lollipop May 16, 2019

ironass , May 16, 2019 :
    I had a feeling you might say that. There have been a number of issues reported by Jio customers over the last few weeks. It is hard to tell if it is a firmware or a network issue as Jio is shown on Downdetector as seemingly having almost permanent outages....

Jio outage map

Jio outage chart

"Recent reports mostly originate from: Bengaluru, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar,Shimla, and Chennai."

You could also try re-setting your APN settings for Jio to see if that helps.

Kytharsis and Auristic like this.
  7. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

ironass

I had a feeling you might say that. There have been a number of issues reported by Jio customers over the last few weeks. It is hard to tell if it is a firmware or a network issue as Jio is shown on Downdetector as seemingly having almost permanent outages....

Jio outage map

Jio outage chart

"Recent reports mostly originate from: Bengaluru, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar,Shimla, and Chennai."

You could also try re-setting your APN settings for Jio to see if that helps.​

And what about Vodafone... How come it was working flawlessly before the update? N btw, i use Jio sim just for incoming purpose. Data n calling is done with Vodafone only, which is a big trouble since I updated the phone.

Last edited: May 16, 2019

8. ironass
    Lollipop May 16, 2019

ironass , May 16, 2019 :
    Vodafone outage map

Vodafone outage chart

"Recent reports mostly originate from: Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore,Delhi, and Guwahati."

It is strange that not all Jio and Vodafone (India) users are experiencing this issue which one would expect to be the case if it were firmware/modem related. Try re-setting your APN and see if it helps.

Kytharsis, ojasviakku and drl431 like this.
  9. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

Just refreshed the APN setting. Let's see... Thanx

ironass likes this.
  10. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

A dual SIM phone is more susceptible to signal issues, because it doesn't have 2 modems. One is physical, one is virtualized.
    If one of the SIM's provider has issues with the network, the other SIM will be also affected.
    The SIM that has the issues will keep the other one in standby until the signal quality and strength is in parameters.
    Also, the modem, being "onboard" (SoC) with all the others (WiFi, GPS, GPU, SPU, DSP, ISP, etc) and not a separate component, the resources will be prioritised so that the phone can compensate for the signal issue.
    It's like with onboard GPU. It runs as fast as the CPU & RAM allow it to run.
    In this situation, the UI gets slugish or freeze even, the battery consumption is greater, the phone might get hot.
    In fewer words, if SIM1 has issues => SIM2 has issues & viceversa.

Remove/Disable the SIM that you know it's problematic, and the issue should be fixed.

ironass likes this.
  11. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

M Mihai Tudor

A dual SIM phone is more susceptible to signal issues, because it doesn't have 2 modems. One is physical, one is virtualized.
    If one of the SIM's provider has issues with the network, the other SIM will be also affected.
    The SIM that has the issues will keep the other one in standby until the signal quality and strength is in parameters.
    Also, the modem, being "onboard" (SoC) with all the others (WiFi, GPS, GPU, SPU, DSP, ISP, etc) and not a separate component, the resources will be prioritised so that the phone can compensate for the signal issue.
    It's like with onboard GPU. It runs as fast as the CPU & RAM allow it to run.
    In this situation, the UI gets slugish or freeze even, the battery consumption is greater, the phone might get hot.
    In fewer words, if SIM1 has issues => SIM2 has issues & viceversa.

Remove/Disable the SIM that you know it's problematic, and the issue should be fixed.​

Disabled the Sim, but no effect on other sim's network.

12. Flamingskull9
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Flamingskull9 , May 16, 2019 :
    Is it possible to revert to 9.0.4 from 9.0.5. My battery life has taken a significant hit despite clearing cache etc. Google play services leaking battery. Used to happen earlier too. Was fixed only in the previous update and unfortunately it's again the same with 9.0.5

13. ironass
    Lollipop May 16, 2019

ironass , May 16, 2019 :
    Yes, you can downgrade your firmware but it will entail a full wipe of your data and cache. It might be easier to fix your Google Play Services issue instead...

Google Play Services battery drain: how to fix it

drl431 likes this.
  14. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

My wife's OP6 is on OOS 9.0.5. She has Google Play Services v17.1.22(100400-245988633).
    She did not have any issue with battery life since she bought it in May 2018.
    Her last screen on time was a little over 6 hours. She had variations, but never less that 6 hours.

15. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Did you reboot it after that? Swap the SIMs (1<->2)...

16. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Try both your SIMs in a different smartphone. ​

17. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

Tried no change

18. ojasviakku
    Eclair May 16, 2019

Have another 5t... Working fine in them

19. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

In the last few months did you use the procedure that enables forcefully VoLTE on your phone?

f00tbaLL likes this.
  20. M Mihai Tudor
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Also... is there a software/setting difference between the 2 phone? Like one has VoLTE enabled by default and the other doesn't?