OxygenOS 9.0.13 OTA for the OnePlus 6T and OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. Nandish Tada
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

Nandish Tada , Apr 21, 2019 :
    i am facing network issue after upadating to 9.0.5 on my oneplus 6.

please fix this issue .

i am from india
    i am using Reliance jio network

before updating the phone i could easily talk to anyone from my office. But now i need to move out of my office to talk to someone

battery dranning issue also found

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2019

Kytharsis , Apr 21, 2019 :
    Could be reception issues.

3. Udrescu Adela
    Eclair Apr 21, 2019

Udrescu Adela , Apr 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus is getting growing in fame, money and in same time respect for their customers is lowering to nothing. They became like other companies who doesn't give a penny about their customers. Prove is last 2 updates!

4. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2019

sachkharb , Apr 21, 2019 :
    It would be better if they take some days, provide may security patch and release it in 5-10 may

5. dragoscorodeanu
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2019

dragoscorodeanu , Apr 21, 2019 :
    This. Couldn't have said it better! Like I said, I owned OP1, 3, 5 and 6T and with 5 and 6t I stayed on stock because I was satisfied with the updates and couldn't bother going beta or custom ROM, but I have noticed a decrease in software improvements coming from them and in the past year or so they released only security patches and just minor improvements.

If you trace back their updates, you will see a pattern: New phone comes out, they improve upon user feedback (or should I say, they fix the critical bugs they haven't fixed before releasing the phone). Remeber when OP6T came out, you couldn't unlock your phone with left hand for some reason - the fingerprint scanner had troubles recognizing the second finger. This is followed up with another set of updates, fixing other more higher bugs (should call this period, the golden age of that specific phone - this is when the company is active on forums, listening to user's reports etc). Then they slowly start releasing only security patches and small fixes while they put all their focus into the new release(s). So usually a flagship phone in the eyes of the company, should only really be supported for 6 months and then just release whatever Google and others provide them. That's how they rolled in the last years since they turned from a company that looked after their community to a company that chases profit. OnePlus TV, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro are rumoured to be released this year - you can clearly see where the focus is. More products, more money, less customers support oriented.

6. tushar.gaikwad
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2019

tushar.gaikwad , Apr 21, 2019 :
    Please install and use it.
    its very stable and I personally have no performance issues.

If you don't like March patch, please stay on January version - you can control the installation.

7. Nandish Tada
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

8. sanchitrane
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

sanchitrane , Apr 21, 2019 :
    just a security update .....where are the beta features.its is a outdated security patch too.

9. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2019

Calls rely on network reception. It's possible Jio was having reception issues in the office which is isolated from an OTA update.

Not all features exit beta instantly.

10. sanchitrane
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

sanchitrane , Apr 21, 2019 :
    then what about security patch its outdated... everyone is receiving april security patch..

11. V1528092596981
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

12. reylimo
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2019

reylimo , Apr 21, 2019 :
    Not my case

13. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2019

Read David's post.

14. plusdan
    Eclair Apr 21, 2019

plusdan , Apr 21, 2019 :
    the OTA it's on Canada servers.

just updated with VPN.

the update sucks any way nothing new, only March security patch

15. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2019

Which is exactly what people were clamoring for. Not every update is gonna be groundbreaking.

16. D1519764176693
    Eclair Apr 21, 2019

D1519764176693 , Apr 21, 2019 :
    if oneplus not giving what he promised about the update and not fixing the issue and bugs it will loss its market in india ... after using oneplus 6t Maclaren .i dont recommend anyone to purchase oneplus though i m an old user of onplus 3 3t 5t and now 6t Maclaren...

VERY DISAPPOINTING

ericj, tr3b0r, vishrutkmr7 and 2 others like this.
  17. unnikrishnan_s
    Froyo Apr 21, 2019

unnikrishnan_s , Apr 21, 2019 :
    Happy News

Hello everyone,

It's that time of the year again!

@OnePlus will cover the official news and OxygenOS updates for the upcoming OnePlus 7 series as and when they are announced, as well as continuing the current coverage of previous devices.

@OP7News / @OP7Discussion will cover custom development releases and unofficial news regarding the OnePlus 7 series.

18. dc4rick
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

dc4rick , Apr 21, 2019 :
    we are expecting April security patch & we got March... I think OnePlus is going backwards year by year... not good...

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl and sanchitrane like this.
  19. Łukasz_Kostrzewa
    Eclair Apr 21, 2019

Łukasz_Kostrzewa , Apr 21, 2019 :
    After upgrade everything seems to be ok but...

I was hoping OP team change such a simple matter like wrong translated Portrait Mode in Polish language (since 9.0.4 it is 'Pionowo' and should be 'Portret')

Best regards

tr3b0r and vishrutkmr7 like this.
  20. Sandchait
    Eclair Apr 21, 2019

Sandchait , Apr 21, 2019 :
    very disappointing from OP team.
    after almost 2 months they are giving us is all security update.. ND that is also march security updates...???
    they want us to buy new op7 so that we get regular latest updates for one more year only...
    OP is loosing their reputation in market.

Anandu p and dragoscorodeanu like this.