OxygenOS 9.0.13 OTA for the OnePlus 6T and OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. mkernbach Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

mkernbach, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Easy and simple - if you're not happy with the phone and OP, sell it and switch to another brand. Yelling and your bad, bad "keyboard" doesn't make it better. And... please stop yelling in the voice of "many others". I'm also not excited getting the march fixes by mid of april and now waiting two months for the next but... It is as it is. You still have the possibility to fill the feedback questionaire or use the new introduced tool in your OP6(t). Just take the opportunity.

Kytharsis and Auristic like this.
  2. mkernbach Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

Please, send back the phone. And stop whinning here. You will find your luck with Samsung or so. Again, please!

3. avinashkris9 Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

4. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 23, 2019

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl, Apr 23, 2019 :
    in my opinion this community is there to point out things that are good and not good on the phone. Why should everyone have the same opinion? and why should the ones that bought the actual flagship say that everything is ok with that update? that's what this community is for. and even selling the phone is not an option for most people who own a phone that is less than 6 months old...
    so the only thing they can do is write this down, and maybe Oneplus wakes up after seeing the number of people who are not happy about it..

i have to admit, there are some comments on a low level, and are just stupid, but we have those comments on the side of the ones who are not happy , and of the ones that appreciate Oneplus...
    for me its more the problem that there is more bashing than real discusion here..

like you already mentioned, even you are not happy about getting march update... so why not saying that?
    still hoping next update won't take 2 months again, and comes earlier, and this was exceptional.

ericj and LegolasX like this.
  5. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 23, 2019

and this is exactly the level i m talking of...

6. Prateekjain2003 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

Prateekjain2003, Apr 23, 2019 :
    I would prefer a refund from OP if they cant keep up with the Update schedule they had promised.. These delays make them no different than likes of Samsung..

7. Naveen Kainth Froyo Apr 23, 2019

Naveen Kainth, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Download using VPN.

8. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 23, 2019 :
    1. Very vague statement.
    2. They have Dirac. A competitor in sound tech to Dolby. Don't think they'll change that.
    3. No comments.
    4. You already have lot of filters and editing in the inbuilt gallery and photos app. Explore them.
    5. Again, a vague statement.
    6. What do you mean by color adaption in shelf?
    7. Again, very vague. Video call is handled by duo now, a Google app. Contact Google.

When you want to ask something, ask properly and in the right channels.

ironass, Kytharsis and Auristic like this.
  9. mkernbach Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

You said it - pointing out. But what you and few others do is not pointing out, it is yelling, whinning and blaming others. I'm here for 3-4 Years or so. And is it typical for some "newbies" with a # far over one million... As I said - there is a feedback tool, take the opportunity to tell OP what you need, want and think. But do it once and stop the endless sh**. This is not criticism, this is a shame. Yes, really.

Neddard, Kytharsis and Auristic like this.
  10. G_Luc_Haas_DVWl Gingerbread Apr 23, 2019

i just reply if someone doesn't agree with my opinion.. that's not whining, i call it discussion... for me , relpying makes part of an discussion, no? its not about whinning like you say...
    shall we all say "everything is good"? sureley not

LegolasX likes this.
  11. venky14 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

venky14, Apr 23, 2019 :
    yep. there is no use of writing in this community. For each and every statement you guys have something to tell. so [e]1f44e[/e]

12. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Back up your requirement with proper data and do your research before asking something. This is all I said. If you can't handle constructive criticism, it is better you don't wrote in the community forum.

ironass, Auristic and Kytharsis like this.
  13. venky14 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

venky14, Apr 23, 2019 :
    that's wat I quote

14. klm4life2015 Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

15. Kytharsis Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

Kytharsis, Apr 23, 2019 :
    T-Mo has its own updates. You'll first have to unlock your phone by either paying it off as stated in the "contract" or via the XDA method then flash the full global ROM.

ironass likes this.
  16. matt_ccre Eclair Apr 23, 2019

17. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

LegolasX, Apr 23, 2019 :
    leave it mate, there are souls who would be so happy even when OnePlus will just push an update that will increase version number.
    hell, this update was so pathetic they didn't even include and image in introduction post, even they knew it. lol.

18. Unscribed Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

Unscribed, Apr 23, 2019 :

G_Luc_Haas_DVWl

Kytharsis

Imagine the Samsung support forums complaining about the security update being a month old once it does roll out next week.

you know your comment is useless... oneplus gives out a 7 week old patch, samsung a 3 week old patch... see the difference? i already said that noone could complain, if this Oneplus update came out at the end of march or even beginning april... but what Oneplus is doing is fooling their customers​

How are they fooling their customers?

We got the March security update.
    April 1st Security update contains the following:
    1 pcs. Elevation of Privilege vulnerability for Framework, requiring a local attacker
    2 pcs. Remote code execution vulnerabilities where you would have to run a specially crafted executable found outside of Google Play, meaning you accepted the risk by deactivating the security protocol to install potentially harmful files from untrusted sources
    8 pcs. System vulnerabilities from local malicious applications - same as above applies here

None of which have so far been identified in any active customer exploitation.

April 5th update goes on and fixes four more system vulnerabilities, all vulnerabilities requiring specially crafted files to be run on your phone in order to expose the vulnerabilities to an attack.

None of which have so far been identified in any active customer exploitation.

As of November 2018, 21,5% of Android users were using Android 8 or 8.1. A whopping 66% of Android users still on anything from Lollipop to Nougat. I'd be more concerned about the long term support and OS upgrade commitments from my choice of brand than having less than 30 day old security patches at any given time.

I've had top of the line phones from Samsung and Huawei that got left behind on old OS versions because of incompatibility with Exynos/Kirin - or in other words, lack of interest to make it work, as it probably looked more profitable to the company to focus on the current flagship than to maintain the OS of a 12 month old $800 phone to current standard.

To my knowledge, OnePlus 5 was launched in June 2017 and is currently running Android 9 with March security update.

If you are unhappy with the updates from OnePlus, only Pixel will offer anything better in a long term perspective.

Roger.T, Adex0ne, venky14 and 3 others like this.
  19. Kytharsis Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

Kytharsis, Apr 23, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Roger.T and atinjadia like this.
  20. Neddard KitKat Apr 23, 2019

Neddard, Apr 23, 2019 :
    No AOD.

Kytharsis likes this.