OxygenOS 9.0.17 OTA for the OnePlus 6 and OxygenOS 9.0.9 OTA for the OnePlus 6T

1. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 27, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 27, 2019 :
    What are you doing with the phone that it's heating up? Are you playing a game, using the camera extensively? Give us details, man!

G_Mr_...., drl431 and Auristic like this.
  2. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

nagarjuna003 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    iam just opening the flipkart and Amazon app for purchase some products

3. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 27, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Download CPU-Z from the Play Store and record the thermals when you feel it getting warm. 30-40 degrees is normal, 50 and up means something isn't playing nicely.

G_Mr_...., Auristic and drl431 like this.
  4. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2019

nagarjuna003 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    why should i install that app.if i show that temperature screen.can you provide new phone.

why should i prove you.i just giving feedback about after update in my mobile.

5. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 28, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 28, 2019 :
    And this is why you don't receive proper support. ;)

Auristic likes this.
  6. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2019

nagarjuna003 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    oh really thanks for the advice,if i install that app.what is the us of me,except checking the temperature,

is it resolve after installing that.

7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 28, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 28, 2019 :
    It won't resolve it, per se, it'll give me (and any others who read this) an idea of how hot it really is. Could be surface hot, could be internals hot.

8. DJ0vanov
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

DJ0vanov , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I stopped receiving notifications from all the apps, notification led doesn't flash anymore, although it works while i charge my phone. It's the A6000 version

9. Prince Ogaga
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

Prince Ogaga , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I am so afraid bro [e]1f631[/e].. I messed up my other phone toying in that area and that's when I bought this phone OP6T and I love it like crazy.. I put the battery saver turned on now till I grow enough faith to clear cache.. Thanks again for your encouragement.. U are the man.. This forum is great with great guys willing to always help.. Thanks so so much everyone..

10. NodePoint , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 28, 2019 :
    There were a few mentions here regarding "-5" showing up in the battery usage list.
    As far as I'm aware, that's a bug in Android 10 itself. From what I've seen from the reports so far, it's to do with tethering. (I've tried uninstalling a listed application but it did not result in that issue.)

11. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Do you still have your old phone. If so what type is it and what went wrong with it.

12. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2019

chazey2 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Just leave him to it fella! Can't help himself.

13. Prince Ogaga
    Froyo Oct 30, 2019

Prince Ogaga , Oct 30, 2019 :

Trevor.Hawkes

Do you still have your old phone. If so what type is it and what went wrong with it.​

1572407757375.jpg
    Sorry for the delayed reply. The phone kept freezing and when I also try to use the camera to record a video or make a voice note, there's always a "ssssh" sound in the first 4 seconds of the recording. So I went to recovery mode and I cleared cache and nothing happened and I think I cleared something else and my phone became blank. Lost everything, videos, pictures etc and I had no backup and then I got an upgrade os online for the phone and tried to upgrade it and bricked the phone in March and then got the OP6T, best phone ever. I later got the original OS from the company "Gionee" and I unbricked the phone, it's working now but it still has the "sssh" sound for 4 seconds whenever I try to record audio, I gave up on it.

Back to my OP6T, I have been seeing something on my notifications on the OP6T and maybe this is the cause of my problem and it has to do with WhatsApp. I will attach the screenshot. I went to Force Stop but it does not force stop. Thanks again for all your help. How are you?

14. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I was thinking you may be able to practice problem solving on an old OnePlus unit but it sounds as if that wouldn't work.

Did you try running your new phone in safe mode.

15. Prince Ogaga
    Froyo Oct 30, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes

I was thinking you may be able to practice problem solving on an old OnePlus unit but it sounds as if that wouldn't work.

Did you try running your new phone in safe mode.​

I haven't.. Pardon me if I ask a dumb question.. They say its better to ask a dumb question than to make a stupid mistake. Can u tell me how to run it in Safe Mode?‍

16. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Oct 30, 2019 :
    You are correct, it's better to ask.

You need to Google 1+6t safe mode. I don't have a 1+6t and I believe you do it differently to my 1+6.

Prince Ogaga likes this.
  17. DIVAY1
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

DIVAY1 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Now I am facing some issues after this update in my op6t is about battery drain,some where it stuck or lag sometime, I also find that in community app in dark theme sometime it open in light theme etc. please try to solve all these problems.

18. Prince Ogaga
    Froyo Oct 30, 2019

I just turned off "NFC" now, it's been on from day 1 and I don't use it. Maybe that will also help because even with battery saver turned on this morning, the drain was still brutal.. Thanks again bro

19. Xalo Dogan
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

20. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 30, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Couple years from now. We got a good long wait till it reaches EOL.