OxygenOS 9.0.2 (9.0.3) based on Android PIE for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. Nattz Froyo Jun 19, 2019

Nattz, Jun 19, 2019 :
    The other thing you can do is, when you connect to BT device, go to BT settings and identify that device. Next to it, click the settings cog and enaure that media output is enabled

2. midnytbloo Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

midnytbloo, Jun 19, 2019 :
    man my phone has been really hot and lagging. my home screen won't show and my apps screen won't show. i couldn't open any apps. so basically it's useless. so the thing is, do we need to wait for this to end because OP will fix it? or is there anything we need to do?

3. KareemSultan Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

4. danouk Donut Jun 19, 2019

danouk, Jun 19, 2019 :
    sometimes features change with new operating systems e.g. battery saving mode for location services, present on Oreo not present on Pie

5. G_Himanshu_Rai_dGbU Gingerbread Jun 19, 2019

6. Planfix Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Planfix, Jun 19, 2019 :

TME007

After 5 days of full daily driver usage of my upgraded OP3, I'm very happy of 9.0.3 !

An excellent work: not experienced any bugs nor lags, battery is even better than in Oreo .. all components are working as expected (GPS, fingerprint sensor, etc ....)

For a phone of 2016, 3 majors upgrades .. thanks Oneplus

For people who's upgrading, please think about this .. I'm pretty sure that a only a few people respected this ..

Battery Drain After a system update (source: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/op3-3t-battery-and-heating-tips-nougat-oreo-pie.542075/)

After an update the phone should ideally be kept on a charger (preferably overnight) in order for the update to completely optimize

"Well that's how Google coded android

Your device starts optimisation only when it's connected to a charger, 100% charged and not moving physically

After a system update this optimisation needs to be redone
    And until it completes you will face battery drain and lag issues"

Same experience here but found two bugs.

1. Wrong speed indicator (only kbs) when connected to laptop through USB tethering

2. No download/upload progress in notification bar when downloaded through multiple browsers and upload in Google drive.

syntek99 likes this.
  7. Jain_Ronu Froyo Jun 19, 2019

Jain_Ronu, Jun 19, 2019 :
    I am not able to use my WiFi when I am on a call after update. Anyone facing this issue if have any solution please do let me know.

P.S. :- I have done full factory reset after updating the system.

8. slavadrian Eclair Jun 19, 2019

slavadrian, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Hi, actually network speed should be bitspersec not bytespersec.

9. Nati086 Donut Jun 19, 2019

Nati086, Jun 19, 2019 :
    This update is only for lock bootloader?
    my op3 with unlock bootloader but with original rom and original recovery, and when I want to do update I get error "installation field"

10. Rodolphek974 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Rodolphek974, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Thank you for the tip. Indeed I can confirm that It's working perfectly in my case and the battery life is great. The only problem I had was the misconfiguration of LTE connectivity by default. I had to dial *#*#4636#*#* to change the preferred network and since then, It has been flawlessly working. Also don't forget to woke cache in recovery after updating.

Thanks a ton OP ! [e]1f44c[/e][e]1f44c[/e]

11. Thomas_Dinnecourt Donut Jun 19, 2019

Thomas_Dinnecourt, Jun 19, 2019 :
    hi

after the update I have some issues:

- battery drains very fast (even after clearing cache)
    - I can't send a message to a group of contacts (for example I made a group 'family'. i want to send everyone in this group a sms message. i don't find it like it was possible before update)

- wifi is slower too.

12. PTuT Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2019

PTuT, Jun 19, 2019 :
    If I understand, first you have to oem lock it via fastboot (probably will wipe your device). Then reboot, go to Developer options and there uncheck OEM unlock (this time, the option will be available).

13. PTuT Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2019

PTuT, Jun 19, 2019 :
    If I understand, first you have to oem lock it via fastboot (probably will wipe your device). Then reboot, go to Developer options and there uncheck OEM unlock (this time, the option will be available).

14. Krishna chandra patel Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

15. Krishna chandra patel Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Krishna chandra patel, Jun 19, 2019 :
    i am also facing this issue

alexbitos likes this.
  16. niketgolechha Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

alexbitos likes this.
  17. Finalhart_OP3 Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

Finalhart_OP3, Jun 19, 2019 :
    This update destroyed my phone. I cant access camera, flashlight, youtube, YT music, phone slow af, reboot = crash,battery life has halved...It was fine before the update.

18. ichbindannmalwegmann Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

ichbindannmalwegmann, Jun 19, 2019 :
    My update to 9.0.3 failed too until I locked the phone. After locking the phone with "fastboot oem lock" the update worked - locking will delete all your data.

19. syntek99 Froyo Jun 20, 2019

syntek99, Jun 20, 2019 :
    My experience has been completely opposite... My 3t is better than ever... Doesn't really seem like there are a lot of negative reports considering the many thousands of 3t's that have been upgraded to PIE... Just a few not so happy campers on this thread.... Then again, there are those that can just never be satisfied... Peace...

20. balaji.venkataraman Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

balaji.venkataraman, Jun 20, 2019 :
    yes media output is already enabled. I tried toggling but still not working..
    however phone calls are working via BT..
    I think it might be a bug for Media via BT headset (this BT device was configured before the update)