OxygenOS 9.0.2 (9.0.3) based on Android PIE for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. OPO OOS lover
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2019

OPO OOS lover , Jun 30, 2019 :
    But the features people want are hardware independent features so there might be a chance that OnePlus adding them to the OnePlus 3/3T

2. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2019

3. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2019

PTuT , Jun 30, 2019 :
    Would be nice if OP would create a proper thread or update this one to reflect this update. Also, once for all, it would be nice if they would address the issue of unlocked bootloader and updating the phone to Pi...are they planning to fix it or not. Such a lazyness/sloppiness...very sad.

4. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2019

5. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2019

kpkamath2k likes this.
  6. G_S_Mohsen_Houshyar_FgPB
    Froyo Jun 30, 2019

G_S_Mohsen_Houshyar_FgPB , Jun 30, 2019 :
    I agree.
    and thank OP team for pie update.
    added features are useful and satisfactory.

7. R4ZN0R
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

R4ZN0R , Jun 30, 2019 :
    Can Confirm - Smoother now with 9.04 and Battery Drain much betta now - but still very Hot @ Dash Charging

xythiii likes this.
  8. F_Mateo_Bratanić_aDzP
    Froyo Jun 30, 2019

9. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Jun 30, 2019

Some_Random_Username , Jun 30, 2019 :
    Because some were on OOS 9.0.2 while some others were on OOS 9.0.3 (and then had different incremental zips)

10. Pratham_38
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

Pratham_38 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    The new update really messed up . I've been scrolling , reading and searching for solutions , but so far , I only found one , for the battery issue .
    other than that , there are more problems , which at least I am facing. Over all , phone has slowed down , A LOT .
    • takes significantlly longer for an app to open , before the update , pubg mobile more or less used to run smoothly , now it takes upto 3-4 minutes to just start , then it sometimes crashes , sometimes hangs , and everything happens in slow motion , it got so frustrating that I had to uninstall the game .
    • takes longer to unlock phone , through fingerprint as well as by pattern .
    • takes longer to open apps with app-lock , earlier apps would open almost instantly when finger print was read , now , it seems like the phone reads the fingerprint and nothing happens , after waiting 1-2 second , when I start drawing the pattern and am half-way through the drawing , then the app opens .
    • phone has become so slow that even typing has become a struggle , suppose I'm typing a sentence with seven words , a lot of time it happens that the phone cannot keep up , even when I'm done writing the seventh word , only the third or fourth has been typed yet .
    • scrolling has become laggy .

Will there be a new update to fix all this ? or would I have to roll back to Oreo ? or should I flash a custom ROM ? I don't want to get into flashing because I've never even roooted any device and am afraid that I'll probably get my phone bricked . Still , any solution will be greatly appreciated , I'll even try flashing a different ROM if that's the only way to fix this. As for factory resetting the phone , I've searched and other users whose devices slowed down as well didn't really see an improvement even after doing that .

This post has been made for update 9.0.3 , I haven't yet installed 9.0.4 but am going to try it right now .
    if anyone has any other solution , please tell ?

edit : now I am 9.0.4 , and there's not much improvement , the fingerprint sensing and opening for app lock has improved but it's still no match for what it used to be during Oreo . One thing that is completely fixed is that unlocking the phone has become as fast as it used to be. the keyboard problem has also been reduced but it's still there. the apps still lag though , I reinstalled pubg and tried it again , it's still like everything is happening in slow motion at 0.5x or 0.25x the normal speed. battery life has improved by a bit . scrolling is now okay .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019

11. Seb79
    Eclair Jun 30, 2019

Seb79 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    "Mobile Network Standby" bug still there in 9.0.4

12. Seb79
    Eclair Jun 30, 2019

13. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2019

Abhi Dahiya , Jun 30, 2019 :
    That's pathetic. I submitted bug report and bug logs to OnePlus during OOS 9.0.2 update about this. 2 updates have passed by and they still haven't fixed it.

Praty_28 and mikica023 like this.
  14. Seb79
    Eclair Jun 30, 2019

Seb79 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    I agree. I submitted also logs about hardware video decoding : the bug is also still present. So hopeless...

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  15. r4wky
    Eclair Jun 30, 2019

16. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2019

Kiran.a.joseph , Jun 30, 2019 :
    I used oxygen OS updator to download the update

17. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2019

18. Tush05
    Donut Jun 30, 2019

Tush05 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    After Updating OS to android PIE my phone gets slow also staring boot sequence required more time to start phone

19. Prashant387
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

Prashant387 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    after latest pie update the phone got lot slower even unlocking the phone is slow opening apps
    please fix this

20. viswanathdsfeb
    Froyo Jun 30, 2019

viswanathdsfeb , Jun 30, 2019 :
    it's truly correct try 9.0.4 and feedback plz