Msv_Vamsi likes this.
  5. Msv_Vamsi
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

Msv_Vamsi , Dec 7, 2018 :
    ok thanks

6. ngydat
    KitKat Dec 7, 2018

ngydat , Dec 7, 2018 :
    It's probably (in fact I'm pretty sure) an app you installed that's causing this. Don't ask which app : I wouldn't know.

7. saber1203
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

saber1203 , Dec 7, 2018 :
    When 9.0.7 is already available on the OP6T ? the internals are almost identical save for the battery/fingerprint scanner, OnePlus is taking it's sweet time with the next update despite the wifi/data disconnect bug, horrendous standby time, battery optimization being hit or miss with the notifications and other small annoyances that add up for a rather meh Pie update and I thought Noreo was pretty horrible on the 3/3T

8. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

LegolasX , Dec 7, 2018 :
    6T launched with 9.0.3 and needed few quick updates to fix the issues.
    so how can you compare both versions?
    if i can remember correctly even older models have different oos versions.

9. saber1203
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

They eventually got to the same version and the forums merged, also I can tell you some of the 6's Pie bugs/annoyances got fixed in the 6T, I'm not usually being in a hurry with updates but you can't say that the Pie update is anywhere near polished, the amount of wifi/data disconnects alongside the speed on data being slower than even my old 3T made me realize how utterly out of touch OnePlus is and yes I've done fresh resets, been on this forum since the OPO and I find it ironic that their latest flagship gets less stable updates than their first attempt at a flagship with a custom ROM

10. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

LegolasX , Dec 7, 2018 :
    its not merged yet and its still time to fix the issues in new update.
    even after merge the oos versions are different sometimes.
    one one hand users want faster updates and also want it to be big free, how can that be possible?
    the pie is still new and only countable phones in market have the update, they need time to fix the bugs,i wouldn't expect it completely bugfree for at least next 6 months or maybe more.
    and i have no such issues you mentioned. my data and wifi are excellent, battery life is excellent and phone works like charm.
    and did you check changelog on Beta8 for 6 which is identical to 9.0.7 on 6T?

UnicornKaz and Deactivated User like this.
  11. saber1203
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

Yes I've checked the changelog, expected this to be a stable instead of an Open Beta, have a friend with a 6T that had similar issues with earlier updates, despite doing fresh resets and everything
    Also about OOS, it isn't even close to vanilla AOSP, the whole community thinks what we get is AOSP with a light skin, but nope, it's HOS with certification from Google, the whole thing is coded in chinese and messed with for "speed" that's unreliable, if you were to compare a Pixel 3 with Pie and a OnePlus 6 with Pie you would notice the difference in day to day use given Google only adds their flavor of the Pixel skin to the AOSP version of Pie unlike OnePlus
    My point is, if you're gonna do updates, polish them, I have really low expectations of the OP3 update for instance, given how buggy the official stable release of Pie was on the 6

12. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

LegolasX , Dec 7, 2018 :
    one reason the updates are hasten at least according to me is because of too much community pressure, always moaning and complaining about lack of updates and constantly keep demanding the updates.
    that could be responsible for developer team rushing the updates without the full test process.
    and if you are member from opo days, you should have known that hydrogen and oxygen have merged source code and are almost same apart from google apps and few more changes.
    maybe many say its aosp, but many know its not aosp or vanilla. but its light and works better than other skinned Android versions available in market.
    if OnePlus doesn't add their touches to the os then whats the point of making own os, they could straight away join Android one, which is too plain if you ask me and after using oos for long enough i wouldn't chose plain Android for sure. i can deal with bugs here and there unless its too much to even operate phone on daily usage.
    and you should be aware the beta hasn't started yet for 6T, once it starts the stable for it will also be pushed back like 6 and new features will be tested on beta channel.
    I don't know about pie for 3 series devices but getting it is a big thing.
    lets see how they do with 5 series first.
    i am sure they will do the best they can for non treble supported devices like 3 series.

Deactivated User and ngydat like this.
  13. ngydat
    KitKat Dec 7, 2018

ngydat , Dec 7, 2018 :
    Agreed. A lof of people in this community are so demanding. And when they finally have what they want, they'll complain. So, guys, maybe learn to be patient. It won't hurt

Deactivated User and LegolasX like this.
  14. Prashant sunadale
    Donut Dec 7, 2018

15. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

16. Deactivated User
    Dec 7, 2018

17. Prashant sunadale
    Donut Dec 7, 2018

saurabhp2999 likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Dec 7, 2018

19. Prashant sunadale