OxygenOS 9.0.3(Hot Fix)OTA for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T

1. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 5, 2019

PokiX , Jan 5, 2019 :
    It's not like no version is available. You would've wasted less time installing the zip and reverting if you're not happy.
    If they really removed 2 versions then obviously something is wrong in several configuration but for mine, it's working like a charm. Worth a try.
    Also compare devices by mentioning their prices. I wouldn't be here if they had been the same price...

2. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Search the forum to find the answer.

3. Tcat007
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

Tcat007 , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Pie is not that much different than Oreo, so waiting shouldn't be a big deal. Searching for the 9.0.1 zip file to install is not that difficult. If you clean flash (wipe all except internal), you should not have many/any bugs, I don't. I have an Oreo backup, 0b22 backup, 9.0 backup, and 9.0.1 backup, very easy to switch between any in less than 2 minutes (TWRP restore takes about 100 seconds). If you're not happy with what you're using, learn to manual flash, root, flash custom ROMs, or go buy a new phone.

RSSohal likes this.
  4. Q1545504703112
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

Q1545504703112 , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I used a pixel XL for about a year and I have to admit it was great and the updates were instant. But OnePlus are also very good with updates compared to companies like Samsung and Motorola. The only reason this update is taking to long is the fact that many people were having issues. If you wait for a few days or maybe even a week you won't be disappointed

5. bryme
    Eclair Jan 5, 2019

bryme , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I uninstalled the launcher and reinstall and finally got the horizontal layout...
    thanks to you all [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

Attached Files:

6. Saiyam Sanghvi
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

7. deathdrager
    Donut Jan 5, 2019

8. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

DogeAlpha , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I miss notifications from apps like whatsapp and messenger (facebook) even when the screen is on and the phone is unlocked.
    I've disabled all the advanced optimizations and I set these specific apps to " don't optimize " thinking they will stay in the background.
    I still miss notifications whether I'm on wi-fi or mobile data even after I factory reseted my phone.
    This is unacceptable, I have to check the apps once every hour because I don't receive my notifications even when the bloody screen's on.
    I'm still on 9.0.0 but I really doubt 9.0.1 or .0.2 would make a difference
    Stupid Android and its battery management, I'd rather have 1 hour less screen on time if that's what it takes to receive my notifications on time.

9. gorneanu
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

gorneanu , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Thank you for your honest take on this. I've also been on the Samsung side and that is when I realized that design, raw power and full staked features are not what makes a great phone. After that I got a Pixel and the experience is absolutely sublime. All you really need is in there and everything runs unbelievably smooth even after 2 years. Google is doing it the right way on software which is the thing you interact daily on your phone. I got a 5T with the thought that I would be the closest thing to that experience but along with the latest SoC and will not cost me a fortune like the Pixels do when you go for the latest version. It is a fantastic phone and the experience was 95% on par except the fact they played themselves with Project Treble and faster updates etc....which apparently is not the case when you release a phone once every 6 months. Like a said a few posts ago, on the Android side, if you want to be up to date, you either get the latest flagship or get a Pixel (does not really matter which one, currently all 3 run the same software).

Kamal Hans likes this.
  10. Kamal Hans

Kamal Hans , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I feel OP will take their time.
    They'll watch & see the reactions to 9.0.1 & then address the issues people find with it.
    For example, I noticed that the " lift to the ear to answer the call " gesture didn't work , but its not a critical issue.
    They'll probably tackle more important ones first & keep on refining the Pie update.

11. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 5, 2019

PokiX , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Do you see any GCM errors? Settings->Google->Show debug items and then GCM diagnostics->Events

12. Tcat007
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

Tcat007 , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I get all my notifications (Gmail, messages, Hangouts), but don't use battery hungry apps like FB, SC etc. I just check through browser when I feel like it. I don't have any apps set to don't optimise.

13. Kamal Hans

Kamal Hans , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Well I wouldn't go so far as to say that the phones have become unusable.
    For sure there are bugs that need fixing but they're not critical IMHO.

14. AodhaganW
    Eclair Jan 5, 2019

15. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

Screenshot_20190105-220128.jpg
    I don't know exactly what i'm actaully looking for.
    Every line contains either broadcasted, sent or received.
    Looks like no signs of errors.

16. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

If by messages you mean SMS texts, yeah I get those, I also get my emails on time.
    I don't use the actual facebook app, just their messenger app.
    It's really those 2 apps I have problems with.

17. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

18. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 5, 2019

PokiX , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Yes that's fine.
    Oh actually it looks like Messenger does NOT use GCM. Which explains why you might miss notifications (simple search yields a lot of other people with samsung or others with same problem). Google and their centralized notification system...

DogeAlpha likes this.
  19. N1517235739249
    Eclair Jan 5, 2019

N1517235739249 , Jan 5, 2019 :
    OK I'm on 9.0.0 and haven't received an official OTA for 9.0.1 yet. So is it really necessary for me to update ?

20. ggck
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

ggck , Jan 5, 2019 :
    After update, there's some problem with mic receiver with few apps like Google duo, WhatsApp. whereas it's working for normal calls..