OxygenOS 9.0.3(Hot Fix)OTA for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T

1. G_jojo_baldonado_piMQ
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

2. Romanelo
    Froyo Feb 24, 2019

Romanelo , Feb 24, 2019 :
    This is a 100% problem oneplus, I already sent them oemlog+trace+video, when recording no lags, they appear phantom after a while, pie terrible...

doekus, Anand PM and maqsood2k7 like this.
  3. DNS2002
    Eclair Feb 24, 2019

DNS2002 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Hi all,
    Owner of Oneplus 5, Waited almost 2 months to update observing the issues posted in this forum. Yesterday finally decided to upgrade to 9.0.3 from OREO 5.1.7.

Below are my experience on new version;

1. No finger print issues even after one night.
    2. No noticeable lag.
    3. Though its early to tell, battery life has improved or same as Oreo.
    4. No app crashes.
    5. No incompatible apps found yet.
    6. Not sure adaptive brightness working as desired.
    But its ok for me.

Overall UI is pretty impressive. Mostly recent app management. Google lense works like a charm.

New gaming mode is nice, as im playing WAR ROBOTS.

I must say i have NOT done any cache clearing what so ever. Just did a full charge and upgrade.

Looks like this update is stable like OREO till now.
    Screenshot_20190224-092133.jpg

4. G_souradeep_mondal_SBlS
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

G_souradeep_mondal_SBlS , Feb 24, 2019 :
    After this update, I am getting lots of issue. My battery is draining quickly. I am getting issue in connecting wifi. System hangs and also camera is not working properly. Waiting for these issues to be fixed.

5. Anand PM
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2019

Anand PM , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Pie is not stable as of now!!! Atleast for Oneplus 5.
    There is Lags/Frame Drops and Some Glitches.

doekus and prathamesh24 like this.
  6. Anand PM
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2019

Actually there is issues and many have posted the same thing about lag and frame drops in Feedback Page. Either you got lucky or you haven't reached the point when you get to notice the issues.

7. Anand PM
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2019

Same here :(

Romanelo likes this.
  8. G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2019

G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC , Feb 24, 2019 :
    tell you one problem I have when I text someone I get a ringing sound after the text it's like it's trying to call someone

9. DNS2002
    Eclair Feb 24, 2019

DNS2002 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    I do felt some lag, but they went away on their own, perhaps OS is improving memory management in the background. Now its butter smooth.

My personal opinion is not to wipe cache as they do have your pattens of usage.

Even my camera shutter sound can be switch off though im not comfortable without the sound.

10. suhaib kazi
    Eclair Feb 24, 2019

suhaib kazi , Feb 24, 2019 :
    in gaming mode if it's on blocked notification setting it still shows the notification but if it's on heads up only then it's as it should be that is heads up

maybe suggest me what i might be doing wrong
    or fix it

OnePlus 5t

11. Qwert Luiop
    Froyo Feb 24, 2019

Qwert Luiop , Feb 24, 2019 :
    I'm on this version for 5T. Since yesterday, my MTN number can't make calls. It hangs up whenever I try. I switched SIMs but it's still same. I removed it to another phone (Techno J7) and it's working fine. What could be the problem? Kindly help me out because I'm missing on some important calls I should've made by now.

12. J1537868186886
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

13. J1537868186886
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

14. Amin.o.s
    Eclair Feb 24, 2019

15. micharu
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

micharu , Feb 24, 2019 :
    ok after few weeks i have to say this update made OnePlus 5t 8gb/128gb feels lagy and really slow for phone with 8gb of ram and even after i turned off all battery saving options fingerprint sensor feels slow and unresponsive even if i try to use it right away the display turn off (after 1 minute)
    and i am not even started to talk about the ram management when the phone does not able to keep 4 apps in memory ( fgo na, fgo jp, chrome and discord) and have to reload them when i switch between them

maqsood2k7 and Qwert Luiop like this.
  16. Nicu2
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

Nicu2 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Hi!
    From the last update you have released, one problem was addressed to - fix bluetoth connectivity with the car. But after the update I can't hear nothing on the Bluetooth connection with the car, and it says it is connected. I deleted the device from phone and redone the pair with the car, but without success. It says it is connected on the car but i cant hear something. (i have the One plus 5t, 128gb version)
    Before the update it was working...
    Please fix this issue...
    And another problem is the instability of the gps module, it is one of the weekest from the all the phones I have used, and I am thinking to sale the phone and move to another brand... sory...
    I wait 5 minutes and reboot 2 times when I was in the car to conect the Gps to the satelites.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019

17. G_Michał_L_VJCp
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

G_Michał_L_VJCp , Feb 24, 2019 :
    I'll wait for the update, disabling feature is not the solution to the problem. It's like suggesting turning off a computer if you have a problem with it...

1. You'll experience this, it's a matter of time. It's random, it doesn't have to be after longer stand-by. Just wait for it :D
    2. Same
    3. Battery is even better on Pie, imho
    4. App crashes, these not Pie ready. If you don't use these kinda apps, you may not have the problem. But it's not Oxygen related, anyways, so we have to wait for Pie updates on certain apps and still it's not guaranteed that they will work fine after 1st update.
    5. You are not using incompatible apps, check point 4.
    6. Adaptive brightness works fine but not from the start. It takes some time to settle.

OnePlus can't really make it compatible with every single car. It may be car related also. Hard to say. Check if your car can work with Android Pie, in the first place.

When it comes to GPS, not true at all. This is the best GPS I've ever had so far. And I drive a car a LOT. In around a year and 3 months I've had maybe 2 times when Google Maps stopped locating me. It's hard to say if it was GPS related or app related (I'm Google Maps beta tester so I'm always at beta). It's still so rare that it doesn't really matter. Relaunching google maps solved it. Apart from that, gps works really fast, it's ready instantly after opening gps app, reliable which is staying connected on a few hundreds km trip and is really strong meaning it can localize inside buildings sometimes. It also connects to lots of satellites at once. The most I've ever seen on a phone. So about the GPS, you should probably change the app you use or maybe start thinking that your phone is faulty. GPS worked well since the very beginning through all Android versions: Nougat, Oreo and now Pie. Never had any issues.

18. Nicu2
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

Nicu2 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Before the update the Bluetooth was working, and after not...
    And for Gps I am using Waze app, rarely Google map. In my country it is better. There is no comparison for interface, detail and real time trafic.

19. Hj2396
    Donut Feb 25, 2019

Hj2396 , Feb 25, 2019 :
    just turn off the sleep optimization not the other one then see how it works i too had the same problem and read comments where i found the solution
    View attachment 974673

20. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2019

needa , Feb 25, 2019 :
    I said/thought the same thing. Give it a week. Then think back to 5.1.7.

Paul_W_ and Devendra_kamble like this.