Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

beast_sunny , Jul 3, 2019 :
    why oneplus doesn't give us a bug free update,

why oneplus gives us update?

very disappointed [e]1f614[/e][e]1f614[/e]

3. Kishan hadiyal
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

Kishan hadiyal , Jul 3, 2019 :
    it's note oneplus problem. It's whatsapp server problem. Facebook and Instagram also have problem.

4. dcop7
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2019

dcop7 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I don't have any issues.

5. Kishan hadiyal
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

Kishan hadiyal , Jul 3, 2019 :
    if you don't believe then search on Google.

6. Kishan hadiyal
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

7. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2019

astralbee , Jul 3, 2019 :
    And when you look at your battery stats application, what does it say is draining your battery?

My personal experience is that, when I stopped worrying about how much battery I had left, my battery lasted longer. The reason why is that if you become obsessed with battery life, you constantly turn your screen on and off to check it so your phone never achieves doze which is the real battery saver.

8. G_Алексей_Зайцев_INxl , Jul 3, 2019 :
    [QUOTE = "Ману Дж., Должность: 20493119, участник: 1376263"] Привет всем,

Мы начинаем постепенное развертывание OxygenOS 9.0.4 для обоих устройств.

Changelog:
    • система
      • Обновлен патч безопасности для Android до 2019.6
      • Общие исправления ошибок и улучшения
    Для тех, кто был в предыдущих версиях OnePlus 3 и 3T, мы ценим ваши активные отзывы и попытки связаться с нами. С вашей помощью мы смогли лучше оптимизировать и улучшить несколько ключевых областей. Спасибо за ваше терпение и, как всегда, мы с нетерпением ждем ваших отзывов на форуме об ошибках здесь: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ .

Этот OTA будет иметь поэтапное развертывание, OTA будет получено ограниченным числом пользователей сегодня и будет иметь более широкое развертывание через несколько дней (иногда пару недель или более) после того, как будут обнаружены критические ошибки, поэтому используйте VPN для загрузки этой сборки может не работать, так как развертывание не основано на регионах и случайно выбрасывается на очень ограниченное количество устройств.

Ваше мнение приветствуется. Мы не всегда можем ответить на каждый комментарий на форумах, но, пожалуйста, будьте уверены, что мы серьезно относимся к вашим комментариям и отзывам. Надеюсь, вам понравится, и дайте нам знать, что вы думаете об обновлении в комментариях ниже.

Никогда не соглашайтесь. [/ QUOTE]
    Why are you testing the firmware on regular users? 9.0.1; 9.0.2; 9.0.3; 9.0.4 ..... All these updates are full of errors and reduce the performance of the phone. Are you doing this on purpose? Why is the latest stable version 5.0.8 available for download on the oneplus website? When you release a real stable version of the firmware on Android 9 ????

Kalyan likes this.
  9. astralbee

Yeah you've confused what people are saying about battery life with battery percentage.

If you re-read the post I was replying to, it said this:

> Also, it could take a few days for the phone to show the correct percentage of the battery as this percentage is only an estimate.

The idea that your battery life and the percentage shown are unconnected is obviously bunk. My point was that wiping caches has nothing to do with your battery percentage, which 7-year old urban myths said were down to Android not charging the battery to true 100% because it stopped charging when the phone thinks its at 100%. It was garbage then, it is garbage now.

That said, what I said about the cache also stands - that rebuilding the cache might well make your phone work a bit harder for a very short period of time but this does not happen while your phone is plugged in overnight as some seem to assert. What is a cache? It's a store of active data for quick access. How can your phone cache stuff that you regularly use if you aren't using it? Android isn't psychic.

Rebuilding the cache is also not part of any "settling down", "bedding in", or "optimisation" process that Google have baked into Android and occurs after an update. And it has not been my experience that my phone's battery life is terrible for 3 days (or whatever the myths state) after an update. The more obsessed you are with battery life, the more you look at your phone to check the battery status, the more you prevent your phone from going into doze and saving battery.

keithgpowell likes this.
  10. astralbee

The burden of proof isn't on me to prove that this mysterious "optimisation" process which supposedly takes 3 days after every Android update and only occurs overnight when your phone is plugged in, which is the claim made at the begging of the threads I was replying to. You prove to me by official Android documentation that it does.

11. dusman
    Eclair Jul 3, 2019

dusman , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Eureka.
    I solved the problem.
    I tried a lot of variations and I managed with v19.4, but you have to do the following to work.
    Namely, go to the TWRP, wipe off Magick with the uninstaller, wipe off cache, install Magisk 19.4 and that's it.
    They will work 100%.
    I'm just smart, right? : )

12. be33to9
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2019

be33to9 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    So I got the 9.0.4 update today.
    I'm not satisfied.
    I had a strong battery drain from "Android System". Then rebooted.
    I think it was fixed then.

But this evening now suddenly it won't turn on at all (although it only went into normal standby).
    I think I have to reboot again.

This seems to be the must unstable update yet. I didn't have any problems with 9.0.3 and not with 8.0 before.

13. dcop7
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2019

dcop7 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I'm not confused. I guess I didn't explained myself. I just trying to said that after wiping cache android consumes more battery in the next few days to rebuild the cache.

I think it is this part that indicates that generates the cache while charging:
    https://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/configure

I just wanted to share my experience. Everyone could have a different experience.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019

Brian OBrien likes this.
  14. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2019

Brian OBrien , Jul 3, 2019 :
    I've never checked because it doesn't worry me. Battery life has always returned to normal within a few charge cycles after cache clearance, as expected.

If you're being argumentative just for the sake of winning, then it doesn't help anyone. I'm simply sharing my experience. If you don't like it you can lump it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019

15. smoode002
    Eclair Jul 4, 2019

smoode002 , Jul 4, 2019 :
    If on mobile network and not wifi if the network signal is low, the phone will burn through battery at a very fast rate till the phone gets hot and shuts down.

Attached Files:

16. G_Rohit_Jadav_mBjh
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2019

17. F_Parth_Meghani_dney
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2019

18. D1561179903020
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2019

D1561179903020 , Jul 4, 2019 :
    does this fix the bugs like battery drain, unlock issue , performance issue from 9.0.3?
    and above all, is it worth it to upgrade from 8.0

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019

Blue-agila likes this.
  19. rbcanedo
    Eclair Jul 4, 2019

rbcanedo , Jul 4, 2019 :
    Given that Oneplus team will grant your request, if your phone becomes so laggy and functioning so slow please dont complain. That is what people are doing when oneplus released the Pie update where in phone is being pushed to the limit. :)

20. Rosentine
    Donut Jul 4, 2019