OxygenOS 9.0.4 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. mishameer
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

mishameer , Jul 26, 2019 :
    I am disappointed from one plus software team after long waiting received the last pie update but we are facing major lot of bugs for every day to useage , I hope one plus resolve all major bugs next update

2. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

Brian OBrien , Jul 26, 2019 :
    I'm sending this message from my laptop using wifi hotspot on OP3 9.0.4. Hotpot is working flawlessly as it has done for the last three years - usually for 7 hours per day.

3. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

No major bugs here - phone is working as expected.

4. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

Michael[/QUOTE]
    I don't have that problem. Phone is not showing as uncertified in playstore. Google Pay is working. I don't use Netflix so can't comment on that.

5. mishameer
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

mishameer , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Did you read 1500 commend for 3 and 3t users? after update ing what they are saying?

6. shawan_bd
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

7. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

This is a user forum. I'm not from Oneplus but can't speak for anyone else. My OP3 is working to my complete satisfaction on 9.0.4. I clear cache from recovery after each system update. That is all.
    I'm unable to give any further advice other than try a factory reset. If that fails, try a clean installation. If that fails buy another brand of phone and see how you get on with that.

8. Brian OBrien
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

I'm giving my experience. Other users report problems. I have just one slight bug - after exiting Brave browser, sometimes the top status bar is gone - scrolling up and then down or closing and reopening the screen fixes this. That is the extent of my problems with the phone.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019

9. Joelj6596
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

Joelj6596 , Jul 26, 2019 :
    My OnePlus3T mobile got crashed after updating the software 9.0.4. I took it to the showroom at Bengaluru, India. They repaired & gave it to me at free of cost with Pie update. Special thanks to Ms. Shilpa & all the Engineers.

Milind.Deval and girishp like this.
  10. laxin92
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

laxin92 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Amazing News!

I solved the issues with the slowness and any other problem with 9.0.4!
    Do this step by step and your oneplus 3t will be even faster than nougat or oreo!
    - flash twrp recovery
    - format data -> yes
    - wipe everything
    - factory reset
    - change data partition to f2fs in twrp
    - repair data partition in twrp
    - repair cache partition in twrp
    - repair system partition in twrp
    - reboot recovery
    - transfer 9.0.4 stock rom on phone in twrp
    - flash 9.0.4
    - reboot to system
    And boooooom!

Thank me later!

11. laxin92
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

laxin92 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Even problems like delayed notifications will be 100% solved with this step by step guide. It really is crazy that nobody knows about this until now!!!

12. laxin92
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

laxin92 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Hey ONEPLUS if you read this, you should really send me a free oneplus 7 pro for solving such a big issue, which really annoyed many of your customers and almost made them switch to another brand!

capriady78 likes this.
  13. BuenoAmigo
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

BuenoAmigo , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Yes, this is a user forum to complain and help people complaining. Not for people to simply tell they don't have a problem. There are only a few without issues. Most have issues. So, you might be lucky that you are only using it to dial or not using it the way it is meant to. I'm a business user with a lot if mail servers added to phone. If it can't handle that, it's a phone software issue. If OnePlus 3 is not capable of running Android p, what about lower Snapdragon 600 series phones running it smooth? Its a OnePlus lazy greedy tactic to push users buy new phones. Even my 6t went slow in a few months. I only use 3 now because its the best i had

14. BuenoAmigo
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

BuenoAmigo , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Man, check your profile. You are the same kind of guy I spoke about.
    You have some 2k posts. See how many of them you helped with steps to fix.
    Most of the times, you said it is not possible to have that issue or so. You never gave steps to fix to those guys. Think whose attitude is bad. This is a place to complain about phone and its software. Not to say its not possible or to say ho check first 5 pages to find the answer. This is not your company and even if you owned one, you cannot say users yo not complain or it's a customer's attitude problem. You should see your first set of posts in your life and see how dumb it is!! We are better. And dont expect everybody to be smart. If so, you would have been considered smart too. Now.., you started, and I replied the same way you did. So, better stop, there was no need for you to reply that way. You did, so I did. At least I was not pissing off anybody who had issues, like you did.

girishp likes this.
  15. sologasty@gh
    Donut Jul 27, 2019

sologasty@gh , Jul 27, 2019 :
    My hardware back and recent buttons went of in some weeks after this update.. Pls I need help

16. shikigami
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

shikigami , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I'll thank you now!!! This method was the only way I could get 9.0.4 installed on my phone.
    This 9.0.x rollout has been a disaster. Thank god the OP3 is my first and only oneplus phone. I'm going to to be going with another provider who doesn't use oxygenOS as their main ROM.

I think the f2fs was the step that was needed in order to get this rom installed. Before formatting it to that format, the sideload would freeze at < 50% and fail with a read error.

17. Tanshid_45
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

Tanshid_45 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    maybe you're not facing that problem

18. atulclassic
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2019

atulclassic , Jul 27, 2019 :
    wipe data for google play services, force stop play store and wipe cache..reboot..check play store for certification

19. MichaelMerkel
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

MichaelMerkel , Jul 27, 2019 :

atulclassic

wipe data for google play services, force stop play store and wipe cache..reboot..check play store for certification​

already tried that. no luck. even worse, after that play store app did no longer display my installed apps...
    I then did a factory reset. still no luck...

I even tried it again two times with no luck.

regards
    Michael

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019

20. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2019

Topper_Gas , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Check all my posts and you will see I've helped loads of users. the fact nobody appears to be trying to help you with your issues I guess proves my point.