OxygenOS 9.0.4 OTA for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T

1. Deactivated User
    Apr 23, 2019

JMS74 likes this.
  2. saipushpak79
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

saipushpak79 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    its been 2 months since last update.. Did oneplus forget about OnePlus 5 & 5t mobiles.
    there isn't even a security patch update.. its already April and in a week may will also come.

dareknowak likes this.
  3. ErynOP
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2019

ErynOP , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Everyone is waiting for the 9.0.5 but... Just check for the 6/6T topic and read the patch note.

This forum will be a QQ land.

4. ivannhf
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

ivannhf , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Feeling sad for the update on fixing the bluetooth truewirless headset connection issues has gone....

5. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Update will arrive when ready. Security update will arrive when the update arrives. All when ready. Always when it is ready.

6. shadabaltamash.
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

7. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Apr 24, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Like all the other people asking before. It will be ready when it is ready. That is the one and only answer you will ever get for ANY & ALL updates.

8. JMS74
    Eclair Apr 24, 2019

JMS74 , Apr 24, 2019 :

saqibrahman7

I've been on Oxygen OS 9.0.4 for about two months now and I'm experiencing a lot of issues.
    Such as

1 Extremely Poor RAM management
    Not more than 3 apps last in memory, and these 3 aren't heavy be any means, just the usual social media apps such as Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp. The moment I open the 4th app such as YouTube, I lose either one of the previously opened apps.

2 Battery Life :
    On Oreo, I used to get an extremely amazing battery life from this 3300mAh cell, 24- 26 hours off the charger with constantly 6-7 hours of screen on time. Sometimes reaches 7:30 hours as well. Now after being on the Pie update, I've noticed that my phone stays off the charger maximum for not more than 16 hours with only 3-4 hours of screen on time.
    (GPS off, Bluetooth off, Mobile data off for most of the times, only WiFi and sync on)

3 Camera quality :
    The camera quality from the stock OnePlus app has gone down in my OnePlus 5. I used to get amazing detailed shots but after going to Pie, I've seen a considerable reduction in pixel density of the photos.

4 Auto brightness
    I've come to notice that the auto brightness sensor doesn't work properly and also noticed that the brightness itself doesn't go that high as Oreo or go as low during night. Compared it side by side with another OnePlus 5 ( running Oreo) with Luxometer

5 Fingerprint Scanner
    The fingerprint scanner used to unlock 97 out of 100 times in Oreo approximately with no false entry into the device by any chance. Now it doesn't unlock consistently, rather unlocks around 85-87/100 times.

Out of all these issues, the most annoying one is with the ram management, I hope OnePlus can push a software update for optimisation

P.s Spoken to OnePlus Support and they told me a few things to do which I've done and have resulted in no improvement

1 Wipe data and cache
    2 Reset system settings
    3 Keep phone in safe mode for a day and then use it back normally
    4 Reinstalling Oxygen OS again
    5 Erasing data of storage manager from settings
    6 Checking for any false enabled settings such as deep clear

If you guys have any other ideas that could make my experience better, please let me know.​

I can only answer you to 4.
    in Android pie Google made the auto screen brightness a lot smarter but it takes time and varied usage to get it right for you.
    it's called adaptive brightness and it uses a low form of AI to learn what brightness suits you the best at the time. it uses factors like time of day, exterior light, app currently being used and other factor all combined to get you the best one.

but it needs for the user to keep adjusting his current preferred brightness in the first days or weeks until it learns as you want it to learn

saqibrahman7 likes this.
  9. Y1511252280217
    Donut Apr 24, 2019

10. saqibrahman7
    Froyo Apr 24, 2019

saqibrahman7 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    thank you so much

11. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2019

redlinecoatings , Apr 24, 2019 :
    For #2 try turning off adaptive battery for your most frequently used apps, or just turn it off all together.

For #5 if you have pocket mode enabled try disabling it and see how the scanner works then.

12. G_maycol
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2019

13. Q1545504703112
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2019

bgpancha likes this.
  14. bgpancha
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2019

bgpancha , Apr 25, 2019 :
    AFAIK

1. Battery/Battery Optimisation/Advanced Optimisation/ Turn off Deep Optimisation ( Might Help with Ram management?)

2. Battery Life - I haven't seen any major difference with my device Oreo to pie... ( used to get better battery life when I bought the phone, now not that good probably due to degradation of battery) if its very bad try getting battery replacement

3. This definitely I agree...(also bad thing is you can't use gcam ports properly without rooting)

4. Already Explained

5. No issues with mine

I'm a heavy user with lot of PUBG gameplay, it's fluid, performs a whole lot better than most of devices which are almost 2 years old. software support still better than most of the devices....

15. MarkyPancake
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2019

MarkyPancake , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Personally, I don't rely on auto brightness and prefer to set it manually. The problem with this in Pie is the brightness scale has been reduced for whatever reason, so now selecting full brightness is not as bright as the same settings in pre-Pie Android.

16. Geo025
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2019

Geo025 , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Salve a tutti,
    ho alcuni problemi su 5T,
    se collego il cell al televisore tramite miracast, aprendo l'app di Infinity x esempio, sento le voci ma non visualizza i film, idem con Netflix...
    un più dagli ultimi aggiornamenti, non riesco più a registrare le conversazioni...
    potete darmi una mano?
    grazie in anticipo
    Eugenio.

17. ImraanK
    Eclair Apr 25, 2019

18. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2019

redlinecoatings , Apr 26, 2019 :
    That's being a little dramatic don't you think.

19. tomyl
    Donut Apr 26, 2019

20. Nightdive
    Eclair Apr 26, 2019

Nightdive , Apr 26, 2019 :
    I bet that the developers are working on the OP7 Release and they also are porting Android9 to the OP3/3T.
    I would expect faster patches for the old phones like the 5/5T after the OP7 Release.