OxygenOS 9.0.4 OTA for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T

1. PeterJ74
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

PeterJ74 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    For the first time, my OP5T has been lagging, ever since this update it just randomly decides it wants to move in slow motion for a few minutes.

2. arpit1+
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2019

arpit1+ , Mar 18, 2019 :
    give bug report about this with log

3. Zaphodrocks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2019

Zaphodrocks , Mar 18, 2019 :
    When the fingerprint scanner does not respond, just move the screen a little so that the ambient display lights up. The scanner will immediately respond then.

4. MITZ_PATEL234
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

arpit1+ likes this.
  5. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 18, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Mar 18, 2019 :
    For stock: Before flashing clear cache from recovery and straight afterwards flash the update
    For TWRP: download and update/install the latest TWRP by clockworkx or blu_spark that has the compatibility zip fix and then update

6. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 18, 2019

Cervantes , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Hi
    The update thread is a thread of questions and/or commentary

Please, read the first post

You can use the search engine before opening a new thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Thread merged

Thank You, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

7. needa
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2019

needa , Mar 18, 2019 :
    This is a new 'feature' from Google to save on battery. Cause you know... That extra two minutes of battery savings is more important than having your fingerprint sensor work when you need it.
    At any rate- As said above, wake the screen and it will work. Google now turns off the fp sensor when in deep sleep.

8. zerosixteen
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

zerosixteen , Mar 18, 2019 :
    9.0.4 officialy land on download page, looks like it will be safe to update (not via OTA tho, NEVER update my phone in that way again).

But 1 question, January security patch on March? Why??
    and kinda confusing with everybody here seems okay with that..

9. ushasam2007
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2019

ushasam2007 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    After the update, battery is draining very much and also facing heating issue on OnePlus 5t...

10. kidjt94
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

kidjt94 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    I'd say my search skills are above par, and the search function on the forums never works for me.

also, I'd like help specific to the recoveries I'm using. A mega thread doesn't get me the help I need, because you and I both know mega threads are just a place for mods to dump complaint threads.

you have made my chances for getting help 0.1% especially since my plea is buried under multiple pages of "battery is worse now!" complaints.

11. Cervantes

You comment that you can not update
    I would recommend a clean installation, wipe cache and data
    You save important files
    You download the rom from the support page and review the installation instructions

12. Cervantes

You must first solve the update problem and the thread to solve the update issue is this thread
    this thread is not for filing complaints
    You have a recovery twrp installed and have problems to update, I think you should install the original recovery and reset the system

13. kidjt94
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

kidjt94 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    I have tried stock recovery. it did not work.
    side note- the OnePlus site doesn't list 9.0.4 on it's support>downloads>OnePlus 5 page yet. what's up with that?
    maybe the stock recovery I have isn't correct either?

another user suggested the most current codeworx twrp or blu_spark. I've tried the most recent codeworx and while I can decrypt the disk in recovery, I'm not able to flash the update.zip due to a treble error.

anyone have links to a recovery they know that has pie/treble support? can anyone link me to what they know is the newest stock recovery? I swear I'm sure I'm using the newest, but now I'm not sure.

14. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2019

ouyamaster , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Same here with codeworx I get treble error and non compatible zip file error.

Will a different recovery work and do you have the zip file that goes with it?

I'm super busy right now and the recent color strobe light issue I started getting has become very annoying.

If I have to go with a clean wipe I'll probably have to try in a couple of weeks when I have time.

15. Cervantes

Is not the download link, because the update is by ota
    You download the rom from the supportpage and review the installation instructions
    https://www.oneplus.com/support/sof...2.1872435613.1552727278-2031158704.1552574741
    in the forum do you have a rom and recovery download thread

16. hsy78
    Eclair Mar 18, 2019

hsy78 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    I have pretty much the same issues on OOS 9.0.4. Random UI crashes, network and the volume impossible to control with my earphones. A fix would be appreciated.

17. Siva Teja Reddy
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

Siva Teja Reddy , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Is anyone facing the same issue??

18. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2019

mtbgus , Mar 18, 2019 :
    After 3 months of all this rubbish with the pie update, factory resets and clean installs I have gone back to 5.1.7, all problems have gone away, fast, clean and reliable.

Hope they sort it out soon, then I'll update, but at the moment going back to Oreo makes the 5T seem like a fast new phone without all the rubbish I've had to endure since Christmas.

19. H1523943365411
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2019

20. Nithin RJ
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

Nithin RJ , Mar 18, 2019 :
    After this update whenever i charge theres no charging sound when i plug my phone in.Im talking about that 'clink' sound with the dash charge animation. Can anyone explain?