OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

fouadmordi , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I'm telling you I do not put as much faith in security updates as you obviously do. If you want to gush about the legitimacy of them and how "secure" they keep things, go right ahead.

I'll be over here getting on with life.

2. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

fouadmordi , Oct 18, 2019 :
    my dad have a note 3 security patch 2014 and guess what nothing happened, I don't know why people are obsessed with security patch maybe overthinking about when they will be hacked all the time and forgot to live unless there's a security patch ?

3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

ghostofcain , Oct 18, 2019 :
    But not logging on to any corporate networks which require upto date security patches eh?

In essence though I agree with you, upto date security patches do not signify a device is safe.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019

Muneeb Suleman Sajjad likes this.
  4. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

iqbalanis , Oct 18, 2019 :
    True, for a normal user I dont think it matters as the phone is already encrypted. Also one should not save very critical data on phone.

5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

I'd rather save sensitive info to a device that's encrypted, protected by a fingerprint lock and never leaves my side than my pc, home alone for fifteen hours a day.

6. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

Topper_Gas , Oct 18, 2019 :
    My neighbours always leave the back door unlocked and have never had a problem, not sure that means it's safe for everybody to do it?

I doubt Apple & Google along with Samsung etc spend time and money each month issuing security updates if it is totally pointless. If users are content to take the risk then that's down to them, if they are why bother updating their phones in the first place!

7. jimaginet
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

jimaginet , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Hi All
    I am currently running Android 8 OP3t_O2_Beta_30. I would like to go back to official OS Oxygen 9.0.5.

My question is what is the easiest way to revert back to the latest official OS.
    Can I just download the OS and install it local upgrade?

Thanyou for your help

8. Q1571411098689
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Q1571411098689 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    thanks for update but really it's the most worst Android update I ever seen
    - The camera hanging and stop in video calls messenger or due still the same .
    - Battery life still sucks and fast draining .
    - Games and other applications still hanging .
    - Phone become heating in games or calls .
    I already try deleting cash and reset but still the same ... please find solutions for this problems in the next update 9.0.6 or give us a way to roll back to Oreo it's really far better thanks .

G_Dmitry_Glushko_CVji likes this.
  9. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

Yes, as per the instructions in the OP of the beta thread, don't forget that the data wipe is mandatory so backup your data first.

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

Sorry I'm confused there is a way to roll back to Oreo, and as for solutions this here is a whole thread of them.

fouadmordi likes this.
  11. jimaginet
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

jimaginet , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Ok Wipe Data and should I do factory reset before installing???

12. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

Data wipe should suffice, full instructions are linked in the OP of the beta thread.

13. rich2e
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

rich2e , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Lol, you're hilarious!!!

It seems pretty on topic to me whether anyone responds to it or not.

14. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

gazz1701 , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Asking for people's opinions on whether a competitor phone is good replacement for OnePlus 3T... yeah that question really matches the thread topic of Oxygen OS 9.0.5...

rich2e likes this.
  15. Pradeep@1+
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 19, 2019

Pradeep@1+ , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    As the OP5/T and 6/T updates are out now comes users here to cry again for an update with all fixes in a single shot as it's almost approaching EOL [e]1f604[/e][e]1f604[/e]

16. Auristic
    KitKat Oct 19, 2019

Auristic , Oct 19, 2019 :
    What did you expect!? ;)

17. Pradeep@1+

I didn't expect anything other than security patch update and i am running all updated apps for Pie, so nothing more than that

Auristic likes this.
  18. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2019

Topper_Gas , Oct 19, 2019 :
    So you don't want the excessive battery drain/excessive heating the Pie builds appear to have brought to most users fixed before the device becomes EOL?

19. Pradeep@1+

I am a medium user of the device and i never faced any issues as mentioned. I am satisfied with what i am getting, but will be better if some improvement is pulled out before EOL

keithgpowell likes this.
  20. mohd_areeb
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

mohd_areeb , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 19, 2019 :
    my screen popped out after update as it's heating too much!
    Playing normal games is not possible, on normal usage the phone heats up that you can simply get your copd chapatis warm again, and on games you can get water temperature above 60°C.
    So good update!
    Now i came to a local repair shop to reset the display panel which popped out from both sides from the frame!
    So amazing!
    Thank you OnePlus
    and yes i did factory reset, installed rom from adb etc.

Ashyam likes this.