OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T via OnePlus 3T

1. justin.janki
    Froyo Oct 21, 2019

justin.janki , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for the detailed analysis. I ran Pixel Experience ROM for a few months and got slightly worse battery life than Oxygen OS.

After deciding to go back to Oxygen OS and reinstall everything from a clean base, I found that the performance of 9.0.5 was much better than before. For battery life, I could get up to 3 hours screen time mostly of 4G outside home, WiFi at home. I am still getting around 3 hours screen time with the same usage running 5.0.8, so not really worth downgrading.

Thankfully for fast charging, it is not so bad to manage. I have a dash car charger which helps top up whenever I'm running low.

I think it's time to replace the battery, however I have been monitoring the battery capacity using Accubattery and the app consistently claims that my battery is at 80% health. My phone is 2 years 8 months old and I use it heavily, so I'm not sure if 80% health is accurate.

If I do replace the battery, I will report back on any improvements.

Kalyan, Meet@321 and Kunlan like this.
  2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2019

ghostofcain , Oct 22, 2019 :
    What makes you think it's coming?

5G ready, like HD ready? If you mean all models 5G compatible?, I doubt it.

I dont expect so.

Absolutely 100% not.

I jumped ship to Huawei, no idea what CS is like because I've never needed them, obviously I wouldn't recommend Huawei at the moment. Battery size is the only thing keeping me out the OnePlus market at present.

3. AndyRadikal
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

AndyRadikal , Oct 22, 2019 :
    No... OnePlus Betrayed one more te the promises

4. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

Topper_Gas , Oct 22, 2019 :
    How? We were promised bi-monthly updates, so we're due one by the end of this month?

Auristic likes this.
  5. polishstyle
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

6. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2019

astralbee , Oct 22, 2019 :
    SOLVED! The solution requires root though - initially, I was trying to see how long I could use Lineage without rooting (as adblock can be done through Pie's Private DNS setting now) but it seems I can't live without it.

You just need the Magisk module SafetyPatch.

The problem isn't root, but an unlocked bootloader. Google's API allows publishers to detect this and block apps from the Play Store. So you couldn't install any custom rom, or even just TWRP with an unrooted Oxygen OS and get Netflix from the Play Store!

I can confirm that, after installing Safety Patch module, I can now update Netflix from the Play Store.

justin.janki likes this.
  7. justin.janki
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

justin.janki , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Thanks again! I'll definitely check this out soon. Just opened up a whole host of opportunities now [e]1f44d[/e]

I knew it had something to do with the unlocked bootloader but didn't find any tool to get over that. I've never rooted any device before so didn't look in that direction. Will give that a shot soon

8. mmcosmin
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

mmcosmin , Oct 22, 2019 :
    why ? is pretty good !

Attached Files:

9. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

iqbalanis , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Appreciate your feedback. Think i will stay with 5.0.8 as previously with 9.0.5 at around 7 pm my battery would be at 5-10% and now on 5.0.8 it stays around 40 sometimes 50%.
    So i'm good for a year more with op3.

10. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

polishstyle likes this.
  11. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

iqbalanis , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I used pie right from CB1 to 9.0.5, and I can surely say 5.0.8 is the best version yet for performance and battery both.

12. G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

13. astralbee

Today has been markedly better... look out for detailed update later.

14. Mahafijur
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

sandeep21 and P1544699139753 like this.
  15. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

Topper_Gas , Oct 22, 2019 :
    No, hopefully at least one more update to go.

16. G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB , Oct 22, 2019 :
    just asking because if they not going to release any fix, i downgrade to oreo.

17. Vinaytrue6681
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

Vinaytrue6681 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Go to any mobile repair man and ask him to rub earpiece from brush with liquid solution. i also had a very low call volume but now its more than fine. Try it. And for EVERYONE plz try this. Even i was thinking of changing my mobile because of this issue only, but now eveything is fine.

18. astralbee

This is probably my last post about this, as I don’t want to bore everyone with something that is barely on-topic for this thread (although I have been comparing Lineage OS to 9.0.5 every step of the way)

Today is my second day of using Lineage 16 instead of Oxygen Pie. I decided to lower the performance profile setting to “Efficient”, even though my original intention was to try another day on ‘balanced’ to see if new installations really do “settle down” after a day of use. But, after charging last night, I decided to just try the ‘efficient’ setting and play a few games, to see if there was any noticeable throttling of performance on this profile. I tried ‘Mario Kart’ and ‘VideoKid’ and OH MY DAYS they played SO much faster and smoother than they ever did on Oxygen! I has previously put their lagginess down to my having a 3-year old device but clearly Oxygen SUCKS! On Lineage, they were like completely different games, and this is using the ‘efficient’ profile which sacrifices some latency for power savings! So I'm sticking with this profile.

So, what is normal battery life today? Loads better. I took my phone off charge with 100% at 9:00am, checked my emails, looked at Twitter a bit, and then didn’t look at it for 3 hours, after which it still had 95%. Over lunch I used my phone a lot - I took a few photos to try out the camera, then I did some research into the issue of Netflix not being available on the Play Store for devices with unlocked bootloaders and I tried a few Magisk modules, all of which required a reboot. So I was installing stuff and repeatedly rebooting my phone for the best part of 60 minutes, which isn’t particularly battery friendly. My phone was still on a solid 80%.

Oh, and did I mention that this OS boots up in 15 seconds flat? That’s crazy fast. Oxygen takes way longer. Last night there was an update to Lineage which I installed, and even after that it booted up in just over 1 minute. Again, crazy - every time Oxygen gets an update, it takes so long to boot up for the first time that I always start to wonder if it is just going to get stuck.

Another 3 hours of not using my phone and again it had lost about 5%, so after 7 hours at work, including all that rebooting, I went home with 75% battery power remaining, which is markedly better than what I have been getting from Oxygen. It is now 11 hours since I took it off charge, I’ve clocked up about 2 hours SOT (plus all that rebooting) and I’ve still got 40% remaining. This will definitely last me the rest of the night and I won’t have to charge it again until tomorrow, which is the kind of battery life I was used to before Oxygen Pie, so it looks like I’ll be sticking with Lineage.

I’ve tried to describe my phone activity and usage habits rather than post screenshots of battery charts because I find those meaningless. Some people will read this and think “that’s not good battery life at all”, but I know it's a whole lot better than what I was getting on Oxygen with the same daily routine.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019

19. Jahin7
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

Jahin7 , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Use custom rom. OnePlus intensionally lowered the volume on OOS 9.0.5

20. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2019

fouadmordi , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    please tell me about thé performance and app opening Time comparés to OOS