OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2019

iqbalanis , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    You are pushing me to use LOS 16. Also does LOS 16 has system wide dark mode?

2. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2019

astralbee , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Yep with a choice of dark or jet black, and choice of highlight colour.

3. astralbee

I'd say app opening time is comparable. I didn't particularly notice an issue there on oxygen, but general performance on lineage seems better, and I couldn't believe how much smoother some games were. Video Kid in particular looks and feels like it is running at a higher frame rate compared to how it played on oxygen.

4. astralbee

If you root your custom ROM and use Magisk Hide then banking apps will still work. Mine do. All three of them.

5. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2019

fouadmordi , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    and how about ram management ?

6. I1571819151704
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

G_Rohit_Jadav_mBjh likes this.
  7. astralbee

If you're asking for some stats or a diagnostic test, I don't have anything. I've seen hundreds of posts containing screenshots of battery stats from Oxygen OS, they all tell a different story to one another and I think it's a ridiculous way of testing how well your phone works when you could just use it normally and find out for yourself. All I can say is repeat what I've said - it runs fast and smooth overall, games are noticeably faster and smoother, so there are clear performance improvements as far as I can see. I've not noticed any typical symptoms of memory leaks. The camera loads quickly too, which Oneplus always claimed was something unique to Oxygen OS and part of their excuse for never releasing camera blobs, clearly the benefits of having the camera on multiple layers are not noticeable, well not to me anyway.

Kunlan and fouadmordi like this.
  8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 23, 2019

9. justin.janki
    Froyo Oct 23, 2019

justin.janki , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Awesome thank you. I've downloaded Lineage OS already. Will try to install it when I have enough time. Looking forward to keeping my phone for a while longer!

Your posts have been much more detailed and informative than the rest. I will also report back on my findings once installed.

10. MohdAmin84 likes this.

11. MohdAmin84 likes this.
  12. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2019

sandeep21 and mohd_areeb like this.
  13. Chirag AM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2019

14. gajdosma
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

gajdosma , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Does Face unlock work?

15. mohd_areeb
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2019

mohd_areeb , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Many Stock OS don't have Face unlock instead they have Face Id In smart lock, it's a little bit slow as compared to Oxygen OS but, the fingerprint scanner has become pretty much fast and even unlock on wet/dirty fingers.
    Moreover there you can lock your phone by holding the home button for 2 secs and then unlock in an instant!
    it's been more than week I'm on SkyDragon OS.
    I'm getting around 3 hours of SOT on continuously playing PUBG!
    AND UPTO 5 HRS OF SOT AS A NORMAL USER!

16. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2019

PTuT , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Having people to downgrade from Pie to 5.0.8 or even lower versions shows how poorly OP executed the development of Pie for our devices. If you promise something, then deliver it and deliver it WELL, not just half baked ROM people cannot stand.

G_plusone, mohd_areeb and nabsrai like this.
  17. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

fouadmordi , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    fully agree.

astralbee likes this.
  18. Rajesh Sabat
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

19. fouadmordi
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

m.parvage likes this.