OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. Rohit_Yadav11
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

Rohit_Yadav11 , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    @Manu j, why oneplus has became shameless for what they had promised and why despite of so much complains about the pie bug on oneplus 3/3T you guys are not releasing stable bug free update for oneplus 3/3T. Really not accepted this from oneplus. please let us know whether we will get the bug free update or not. So that we Oneplus 3 users can switch to other OEM's for better customer support and no false promises

2. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

iqbalanis , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Only Apple and Google provide good support to their phone, switch to apple if you want support for 4-5 years.

ghostofcain likes this.
  3. Rohit_Yadav11
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

yes, will soom switch to apple or pixel for there support. I didn't like the way oneplus is treating users of there older devices

4. iqbalanis
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

iqbalanis , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Try samsung or others OEMs, you will hate them more than OnePlus.

ghostofcain likes this.
  5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2019

ghostofcain , Oct 29, 2019 :
    At the end of the day they are in business to make money, supporting a 3 year old (3.5 in the OP3s case) is simply throwing money away for little benefit.

Auristic and keithgpowell like this.
  6. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2019

astralbee , Oct 29, 2019 :
    You must be joking about Apple, right?

Yes, Apple push software updates for older devices, but they intentionally slow down your phone's performance. They admitted to it two years ago. They say it is to persevere battery life on older batteries but that's rubbish, they still sell models from 2 or 3 years ago as brand new, so they get slowed down as well. They are just pushing people to buy new phones, consume, buy, spend.

rich2e likes this.
  7. Rohit_Yadav11
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

Yes, even oneplus has started doing it. Oneplus 3 is now much slower with Pie compared to oreo and they didn't even bother to fix it

rich2e likes this.
  8. AndyRadikal
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

AndyRadikal , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Do you think that lose hundreds of customers loyalty is not important for OnePlus?
    They pushed out an update that in many cases caused unsatisfied users, I'm not saying is a complete flop , for example in my case the only problem is with battery life . There is no "if" or "but" in this topic, they must fix this damn pie !

rich2e likes this.
  9. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2019

ghostofcain , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Few OEMs, outside of Google and apple, even approach the support OnePlus provide. Certainly in the UK few users keep phones for longer than 3 years. So no I don't think the loss is gonna be significant, especially compared with the cost of getting a well sorted Pie ROM.

Auristic likes this.
  10. CarlosCJ
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

G_plusone and AndyRadikal like this.
  11. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Well for the price of one Iphone, i can get 2 Oneplus devices, so if i buy 1 now and one again in 3 years, i will have had 2 new phones and 6 years of combined support, so the OP offer is actually better.

PS. Caveat...Maybe in 3 years OP prices will have reached Apple levels, it seems the price goes up $50 with every new phone.

12. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Hi

Has the security update cycle reached the end of life for the OP3 ?

Not nagging or complaining, just wanting to know if we can expect more updates.

If not i will finally move to a lineageOS firmware to be able to get updates....

If it has, what is a good alternative rom for this phone ?

13. ashujain13 , via OnePlus 6 Midnight Black , Oct 29, 2019 :
    My phone hangs and gets restarted again and again... Been to the service center that said this is the problem one andriod 9 in oneplus 3 nothing can be done... Is it true if yes thn is there any work around?

14. virus streaming
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

15. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2019

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Maybe you exaggerated?

How many OP3/t were sold.

How many are /were loyal.

How many are still 3/t users.

How many bother or know of updates.

How many have problems with π or can be even bothered to report them.

How many know about the Community forums.

Auristic likes this.
  16. justin.janki
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

justin.janki , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I have been using Gcam sideloaded, both with oxygen os and now lineage os, and the results are nothing short of amazing! You will really appreciate how much picture quality depends on software processing nowadays. Night mode is simply mind blowing.

This app alone prevented me from upgrading my 3T because image quality improved so much. It's far better than the stock OnePlus camera app.

astralbee likes this.
  17. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2019

PTuT , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I am thinking the same way and sooner or later will jump to custom ROMs wagon.

I think there are no updates because we are the lowest priority and OP recently released new model so there is the attention.

18. Sadam_H
    Eclair Oct 30, 2019

19. Sadam_H
    Eclair Oct 30, 2019

Sadam_H , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Considering present scenario and Bugs on OnePlus 3 and 3T... Downgrading from Android 9 Pei (5.0.8) to Android 8 Orio (9.0.5) will be a better option?...

please share your thoughts...

20. CarlosCJ
    Donut Oct 30, 2019

CarlosCJ , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Tres, its the only option. In Spain per example, GPay can not use. And more applications and games og GPlay can not install.
    The last upgrade in spain its not certiffied by Google.
    I'm in 5.0.8 because Pie fail in the 3 opportunities than I install in clear intall or OTA. The problem are the same.