OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. BuenoAmigo Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM

BuenoAmigo, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM :
    I have a question to you alone and hope nobody else comments on it unless being helpful.

Note for others:
    My need is to retain op3 with the best performance untill it can and I have other phones too. So people claiming to be experts don't ask me to buy a new one or comment the way you don't like to be replied the same way.

Isn't this heat dissipated by passive cooling a radiation threat causing health issues? Can't hold it in hands and once the screen top layer came off and had to replace. It get's that hot. Hangs n freezes randomly and gets hot like an iron box. It's in open air always, not under pillow or cloth or inside a flip cover.

2. G_Gabriele_Bocci_ltGH Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019 at 5:48 PM

G_Gabriele_Bocci_ltGH, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:48 PM :
    Hello! Hoping I can help you: Heating is supposed to be created by the current passing through all the microprocessors, and the entire environment is all created by various layer, the dissipation is the most important things that helps keeping the phone cold inside (not cool but hot enough to be sustained by the system and avoid crash and freeze) and hot outside.
    There is no radiation cuz the radiation can only be created when the phone use a radio communication (call, connection etc..)
    Radiation CAN push up the temperature, but not necessarily.

However I think sometimes there are issues with the components that should helps drive the heat away from processors ( ex thermic paste, copper layers, etc..)
    Or a very buggy application that steer the temperature up for no reasons, keep in mind to check the battery status sometimes.
    A good minimal maintenance is essential for an healthy phone :)

Praty_28 likes this.
  3. THEHARDIK Froyo Aug 12, 2019 at 5:57 PM

4. BuenoAmigo Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM

BuenoAmigo, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM :
    I do keep a check on battery usage and only basic Android services are shown to be using more battery. Doze and advanced doze are enabled. I don't use the phone much.

Heat is a form of radiation actually. I meant to ask about this because radiation in the form of heat usually causes a lot of issues to health. What do OnePlus do if the phone has above normal heat radiation happening on many OnePlus? Will they address it if proven that the heating is due to software and affects health, and will they release another update?

This is a problem raised by a lot of people.

OnePlus 3 has a Snapdragon 820 processor which is far more capable than many phones out there about to get android q. So, OnePlus 3 should run smoothly on 820 with Android pie. Isn't it true because it works fine once even when overused and another time it simply heats up when not even used and put open in the air on the table.

If its some apps creating the issue, its not a user's job to go inside the hood and fix it, but OnePlus has to optimize it. Right?

There are many other phones which don't do this. Like Huawei. Why can't OnePlus fix it? Only factory os from OnePlus doesn't heat. After that, for every version of op phone, it starts heating and having issues showing they just push updates for namesake.

Also, when OnePlus 3 was out, they told it has dslr kind of cam and the performance made many people forget their computers. It is the same device and it has not degraded hardwarewise, because I have 2 devices of 3, 5, 5t, 6. The other op3 is just kept for office phone. No emails, no apps, nothing. Switched on only for 9 hours everyday. That too has the same issues pointing a software failure and many complain here randomly about different issues which only different sets of people have.

Isn't this all a software problem and can't it be fixed through a good update instead of frequent buggy updates?

I said this because, I had my screen replaced due to heat melting the screen glue. They serviced it recently and the other OnePlus 3 is rarely used. What would you say about all this?

How can this be pushed to OnePlus engineers directly?

xythiii and mohd_areeb like this.
  5. N1565631733939 Cupcake Aug 12, 2019 at 6:49 PM

6. astralbee Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019 at 8:44 PM

astralbee, Aug 12, 2019 at 8:44 PM :
    Battery life in this version is 100% better than the last. I never really noticed any of the other issues that some mentioned, so I'd be happy if this was the final update.

7. PTuT Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2019 at 10:49 PM

PTuT, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:49 PM :
    Maybe hardware issue...to make sure try to downgrade the system to previous one (where it worked) and see if the issue persists. Also, you can boot the phone to the safe mode in the current OOS version and see if the problem persist. First, I would suggest different cam software and see if there is still the focusing problem. And, more advanced option is to execute engineering mode and there are some tests for camera. Be careful what you do there. Good luck.

AndyRadikal likes this.
  8. U1531067786100 Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 3:02 AM

U1531067786100, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:02 AM :
    So I gave for India and America and I live in India.

9. Roshas251 Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 4:18 AM

10. AndyRadikal Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 5:23 AM

11. ghostofcain Marshmallow Aug 13, 2019 at 6:19 AM

ghostofcain, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:19 AM :
    OnePlus no longer provide direct links to older ROMs if you wish to rol back you will have to use an externally cached ROM, sorry.

12. ghostofcain Marshmallow Aug 13, 2019 at 6:42 AM

ghostofcain, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:42 AM :
    Your confusing radiation (Radioactivity) with radiating heat, heat can cause a problem up health if it burns you otherwise it's ok

A lot of people install shitty apps.

It only heats above ambient temperature if something is driving the chipset, find the culprit stop the heating

Wrong, poorly coded 3rd party apps have nothing to do with Oneplus.

Your experience is not typical, my OP3 never experienced excessive heating from Day one until it expired.

Indeed which shows the issue is not inherent in the ROM, but linked to external software.

Not if its third party software,no.

By filing the appropriate feedback via the bug reporting process.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 7:38 AM

Fhdshahzad likes this.
  13. Auristicpleaseignoreme Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Auristicpleaseignoreme, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:39 AM :
    Its better much better after super reset but standby
    And chrome and Tinder leverage heat works in other phones though, starting to think that op3t has more problems than op3..

14. BuenoAmigo Gingerbread Aug 13, 2019 at 8:01 AM

BuenoAmigo, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:01 AM :
    [/QUOTE]

@ghostofcain if you read my post completely, I already told that I need reply from people who can help and I dont want anybody to comment without help and the question was addressed to this particular person. Radio activity is a different level and I never mentioned radio activity. Radiation is something emitted by any heat source part from electronics. If heat is there, radiation is there. If electronics produces heat, it's a combination of heat radiation and electronic waves. If you have learnts, heat radiates and dissipates. @ghostofcain I told you many times to stay away from replying to me with your stupid useless comments. I mentioned that this is only meant for the person who asked me or for anybody who can purely help me. People here need help. What you know, almost everybody knows. You are only saying sun rises in the east and sun sets in the west and some times you say it opposite. Please stay away from replying to me.

15. BuenoAmigo Gingerbread Aug 13, 2019 at 8:04 AM

BuenoAmigo, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:04 AM :
    That's a good reply which everybody who wants a rom knows.

But, I need to know if there is a previously recorded working link from OnePlus site. So, I expect someone to help me with a link or just stay away from commenting. It makes this thread longer with junk than having problems listed and answers suggested.

16. Auristicpleaseignoreme Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 8:42 AM

Gaizka Ayo and Praty_28 like this.
  17. ghostofcain Marshmallow Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM

ghostofcain, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM :
    No, there isn't, OnePlus have chosen to no longer host older ROMs.

18. mohd_areeb Gingerbread Aug 13, 2019 at 9:57 AM

mohd_areeb, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:57 AM :
    Download older rom versions from xda it's the best available option.

19. imran722 Gingerbread Aug 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM

20. N1565360981588 Donut Aug 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM

N1565360981588, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM :
    They have started the roll out of 9.0.5 on Wednesday (7th August 2019). I am based at Mumbai India.

I have been impatiently waiting because I am facing lot of trouble with 9.0.4.

I haven't received it so far and I think it's never gonna come.

Apparently, by giving bugged 9.0.4, oneplus wants old customers to switch over to oneplus 7 which is a very bad and an professional practice.

this is like arm twisting brand loyal customers to increase sales.