OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T

1. metalhead079
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

metalhead079 , May 3, 2019 :

Speedlover777

I think greetings bar is useless, and should be completely removed from the shelf.​

Oxygen OS is a great ROM but still it has some bloatwares I'd say. Here is the screenshot of widget that is included in OOS which is from Android Froyo. God I felt ancient when I saw this in widget drawer. 1556883410990.jpg

2. Deactivated User
    May 3, 2019

TheMindy2011 likes this.
  3. Mustasim
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

Mustasim , May 3, 2019 :
    yes. my one is working.

4. metalhead079
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

metalhead079 , May 3, 2019 :
    OOS Oreo works great for me. Great battery stand by time, camera performance, no lags

On Pie I experienced lags/stutters, finger print sensor sometimes being unresponsive, poor camera quality (oil paint effect), ram mgt is more aggressive as pie reloads almost every app in multitasking or force closes apps when compared with Oreo, and also when I'm swiping to remove notification instead of swipe it brings up the option of notification category thing (the one that happens if long pressed) almost 95% of the time.

Deactivated User likes this.
  5. DC11
    Eclair May 3, 2019

6. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb May 3, 2019

G_Nick_T_FTnG , May 3, 2019 :
    I have never experienced any lag in any update.

Although I never do in-place upgrades. I always do my updates the following way:

1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe phone using all three options.
    3. Sideload the full zip.
    4. Do a second wipe with all three options.
    5. Reboot and reapply my settings and backups of WhatsApp and text messages.

I understand this method doesn't work for everyone, but I'm not a gamer, only play games that I don't have to save progress, and don't have anything that may not Backup with this procedure.

I've been doing this since my very first Android phone (The first Samsung Galaxy).

I always find a fresh install, whether it be Windows, Android, Linux or whatever always works better then trying to apply an update on top. Some files may not be overwritten, or locked, and that's what I feel causes issues.

At any rate. That's just my experience.

danycmoi likes this.
  7. J_Duece_81
    Gingerbread May 3, 2019

8. Akeshma
    Froyo May 3, 2019

Akeshma , May 3, 2019 :
    "Parallel Apps
    Fixed issue with parallel apps showing primary account"

Finally the issue is solved [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

9. HorizontalPlugNPerfer
    Eclair May 3, 2019

HorizontalPlugNPerfer , May 3, 2019 :
    I have always been able to count on OnePlus! I have always been impressed with their continued determination to push out new updates. I never received major updates from previous manufacturers and only occasionally received security updates.

Android 9 is the 2nd major upgrade I've received and was extremely pleased. my 5T is close to reaching it's second year of service which is about the time my phone's start showing their age and require me to replace them. the last few months I have been having issues with phone stability when trying to answer calls and unlock my phone.

Today I woke up to this update with a phone stability fix. hope this solves my issues and I can push for 2 years and maybe 3 with my 5T.

roshanu likes this.
  10. Deactivated User
    May 3, 2019

11. aditya.mishra793
    Cupcake May 3, 2019

12. Paul_W_
    Honeycomb May 3, 2019

Paul_W_ , May 3, 2019 :
    I always do in place upgrades and I have never experienced any lag in any update.

roshanu likes this.
  13. X1555576956090
    Donut May 3, 2019

14. MPalmiro
    Froyo May 3, 2019

MPalmiro , May 3, 2019 :
    Please help me, I must have done something very wrong. I upgraded using OTA to version 9.0.5 three days ago. So far I have had no problem, my battery life remains normal, just like in the previous version, my cell phone keeps responding quickly and I did not notice any problems, Wifi are normal, call sounds are still normal, make or receive calls from phones remain nominal, despite all the claim posts I saw in the forum. Can someone tell me where I went wrong? ;)

15. aditya.mishra793
    Cupcake May 3, 2019

16. arushisaxena
    Donut May 3, 2019

Last edited: May 3, 2019

Jontalk5 likes this.
  17. G_Javier_Alejandro_Lopez
    Eclair May 3, 2019

18. Deactivated User
    May 3, 2019

19. ivan.s.t
    Cupcake May 3, 2019

20. F_Steve_Quillen_cIJj
    Eclair May 3, 2019

F_Steve_Quillen_cIJj , May 3, 2019 :
    I held off on upgrading to pie after hearing so much negativity. I finally did the 9.0.5 and everything is working fine. New life for my 5t!

Paul_W_, Luis Sismeiro and danycmoi like this.