OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T

1. rich2e
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2019

rich2e , Dec 2, 2019 :
    I've turned off "automatically search for networks" and selected HOME as network operator for my sim. Maybe, and quite possibly the culprit to Mobile Network Standby battery drain. Let us all know if this works for any of you too.

2. rich2e
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2019

rich2e , Dec 2, 2019 :
    lol funny indeed

3. Archaicertes
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

Archaicertes , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Wish I hadn't clicked update. Not sure if it is directly related to the update, but I haven't been able to recover.

I can no long connect to any networks. I had the option of three. My sim card works in other people's phones. If I try to manually pick a network it says there was an error. I have been without a phone for a day.

I can no longer use any of my cables for anything other than charging. Doing a 28gig backup via ftp has been the worst.

I've tried disabling third party apps in safe mode. I've reset the networks. I've cleared the data cache. I've tried developer modes. I've tried setting the default for usb to file transfer and it still either doesn't show the phone is connected or it connects/shows files and then suddenly disappears.

What a bad end.

I've never had issues before.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

kKoI1233 likes this.
  4. rich2e
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

rich2e , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Have you tried factory reset?

5. Archaicertes
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

That is my next step. But backing up without usb options has been > 12 hours.

6. rich2e
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

rich2e , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Ok, but also did you try reset apns to default?

7. Mr_Krunal
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

8. Archaicertes
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

I did not reset the apps. Wiping and reformatting also didn't fix it.

And now it seems like I need to get another phone. I submitted a support question, but I don't have a phone and have to wait for an email response.

How can an update mess up this phone so badly?

9. G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 3, 2019 :
    lol, i have like 6 (family member & friends) who own an oneplus phone. None of them are in forum. 99% End user are not here. Non of them even care to upgrade or so eagerly w8 for an upadate. I am not bashing oneplus, you corporate slave, i am saying just like a lot of people here that they released an unpolished version of pie.

J1575695521931 likes this.
  10. V1540363683824
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

keithgpowell likes this.
  11. V1540363683824
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

12. T1575183368204
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

T1575183368204 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    as i had mentioned in my earlier posts, my hardware has never been opened and was working flawless on oreo, i did a factory reset and then upgraded to pie and on pie again did a factory reset but the lag and screen stutter issue started and just wont go away proving its a bad quality software, i believe OOS is fine but there is some issue in the gpu drivers which is causing this and the easy way too reproduce this is scroll in twitter or firefox which has lot of images and u will easily notice frame drops with animations turned off or 0.5x. It doesnt happen when scrolling anything that has just text in it

13. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2019

keithgpowell , Dec 3, 2019 :
    So, possibly the 99℅ are happy with their phones without updating!, Woweeeee! Other manufacturers will be be stunned and jealous!.

Live and learn. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And most of the 1℅(of millions?), live with it, because its no big deal., since they don't post?

Corporate slave? Eagerly awaiting my seasonal bonus - hopefully a OP7 McClaren - theses flying pigs(sometimes elephants) are really annoying. Its time the RAF scrambled their typhoons with top guns to shoot them down. Tally Ho, old chaps. Stay safe!

14. G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 3, 2019 :
    No idea why you so butt hurt. If you so happy with update then stay silence, just thanks to oneplus and move on. Why you keep barking on every post who asking oneplus for some fix? Oh wait because you are a typical corporate slave, that why you feel like you have rage on every one who have issues with the current update.

J1575695521931 and rich2e like this.
  15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2019

ghostofcain , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I believe that was @keithgpowell point, this forum is a small self selecting part of OnePlus family, IF the update was as bug ridden as some would have us believe there would be more widespread public outcry.

keithgpowell likes this.
  16. G_Subrat_Nayak_eMEB , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Great guys, if you having some issues with current update then just shove that in your *** i guess. Cause oneplus delivered the perfect rom without any lag, heating or battery drain issue. This forum is for only praising one plus and bask in there glory.

rich2e likes this.
  17. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2019

Topper_Gas , Dec 3, 2019 :
    The last option is start again and download and reinstall the latest full ROM.

18. keithgpowell

My Google News app is jamb packed with images and there is a lot of busy automatic horizontal scrolling. All three animations settings are set to off. I really can't see anything that is abnormal/disturbing during vertical and horizontal scrolling - to me.

19. rich2e
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

rich2e , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Not apps, APN settings.

keithgpowell likes this.
  20. keithgpowell

Assume we have same model phone with same OOS version. Yours has an issue . I don't.
    What are the possible differences?

Environment
    Apps installed
    IP
    Telecommunications provider
    Sim
    Malware
    Physical damage
    Settings
    User abuse
    Hardware problem
    I'm in the wage slavery of OP?
    I'm more laid back, phlegmatic, thick skinned
    etc?

None of which are in the control of OOS?

RogerOriginals and ghostofcain like this.