OxygenOS 9.0.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6T

1. Auristic
    KitKat Dec 19, 2018

Auristic , Dec 19, 2018 :
    As far as I'm concerned I won't because I bought an uncrippled device which was more expensive, I must admit, but in no way dependent to my carriers (I even thought that nowadays people wouldn't buy locked phones but I was wrong...)
    Sorry to say that but you got what you paid for!

Enjoy waiting! ;)

ironass likes this.
  2. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

ironass , Dec 19, 2018 :
    Taken from my thread, "No Open Beta for T-Mobile (USA) 6T variants", over on Android Central, just after the launch..

"Updates are likely to be slower to the T-Mobile (USA) variant as they will need to be certified by the carrier first and we all know how well that works with other phone manufacturers.

So, whilst T-Mobile (USA) variant owners will receive a slightly subsidised phone it will not provide the stock OnePlus experience that the global model offers.

I predict that once some T-Mobile (USA) variant users realise this, there will be a wailing and the gnashing of teeth that we have witnessed over the years with other U.S. carrier models.

Bottom line... "If you want the full, unfettered, OnePlus phone experience... pay the full price and get yourself the Global model.
    "

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018

3. GRobertWilson0510
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

GRobertWilson0510 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    There was NO subsidy full $580 for one plus 6t!! So we should get same updates!! Next time I won't use TMobile and buy directly from one plus, but why offer through a carrier if you're getting slower updates!! NOT FAIR!!

4. Porchetta17
    Eclair Dec 19, 2018

ironass likes this.
  5. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

ironass , Dec 19, 2018 :
    Oh, dear!

T-Mobile (USA) were initially offering US$300 discounts and free upgrades for their carrier minority variant which does not have all the features of the global model... Quick Launch, OnePlus Laboratory, dual sim function, etc: I am afraid that you chose to buy into the T-Mobile (USA) variant instead of the unbranded global version.

Providing that you are technically competent and pay off your phone and get T-Mobile (USA) to unlock it, you can convert it to the Global model by following the instructions, here...

[GUIDE][Unlocked] Flashing T-Mobile OnePlus 6T to International OOS ROM

This will, of course, void any warranty.

Alternatively, sell your model and purchase the Global version, direct from OnePlus at US$549 + sales tax.

Perhaps it might be an idea to start a new thread rather than risk taking this one off topic. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018

ronnyhawks likes this.
  6. mibrs
    Donut Dec 19, 2018

mibrs , Dec 19, 2018 :
    Tried your steps. Here is the 9.0.7 battery usage:-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

ironass , Dec 19, 2018 :
    I am afraid that I cannot open your images. I assume that you have carried out all 5 steps in the last 24 hours since I posted that guide, ending with a Factory Data Reset and fresh install of all your apps and settings and allowed 2 or 3 full charge/discharge battery cycles before posting your battery usage.

ronnyhawks likes this.
  8. GRobertWilson0510
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

They ought to make TMobile tell their customers OTA updates come slower or our phones compared to OP6T bought direct from one plus!! If I'd know that I'd bought it from One Plus!!

9. GRobertWilson0510
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

TMobile should make customers aware of this, I'd thought it was the same phone!! Not right!

10. Philipp H.
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

11. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

ironass , Dec 19, 2018 :
    I live in the U.K. and even we knew about the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant's shortcomings as did your fellow countrymen, judging from this article dated 30th October...

Do Not Buy The T-Mobile OnePlus 6T

... as well as these...

T-Mobile OnePlus 6T vs OnePlus 6T – what’s the difference?

OnePlus 6T: Differences between unlocked and T-Mobile versions

T-Mobile OnePlus 6T: The fine print details

... and
    the list goes on.

With just a quick Google search, you could have found this out for yourself before selecting the T-Mobile (USA) variant instead of the Global model. As In stated in my own article...

"I predict that once some T-Mobile (USA) variant users realise this, there will be a wailing and the gnashing of teeth that we have witnessed over the years with other U.S. carrier models.

Bottom line... "If you want the full, unfettered, OnePlus phone experience... pay the full price and get yourself the Global model."

As I asked politely, before... perhaps you could start your own thread on the subject as this thread is devoted to the Global model's OOS 9.0.7 release. Thank you!

Auristic and ronnyhawks like this.
  12. alkis_7
    Eclair Dec 20, 2018

alkis_7 , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Same here. Maybe it's Instagram problem.

13. sovuart
    Donut Dec 20, 2018

14. Bhasker.Eedepu
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2018

Bhasker.Eedepu , Dec 20, 2018 :
    I found difficult to take selfie because every it takes selfie after pressing volume button. it is better if we touch somewhere in screen area take a selfie. back finger print sensor phones does better in this view. any trick to take selfie without pressing volume button?

15. Shahaz1
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2018

tang0, Auristic and ironass like this.
  16. Susovon
    Froyo Dec 20, 2018

Susovon , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Hi,

The update worked properly for few initial days. However after one month the there are certain problems occuring. The games are not running properly. The games are getting hanged and even getting closed automatically in between when playing the game. The battery drain is still there. The issue of the what's app notification is not yet resolved and also the YouTube is not getting in full screen mode.

please do some thing to resolve the following issues.

17. Auristic
    KitKat Dec 20, 2018

18. tang0
    Eclair Dec 20, 2018

tang0 , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Yea, thanks.

Canada worked for me.

19. I1545297712213
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2018

20. Shahaz1
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2018

Shahaz1 , Dec 20, 2018 :