OxygenOS 9.0 OTA for the OnePlus 6

1. Rathore@One+ Donut Sep 27, 2018

Rathore@One+, Sep 27, 2018 :

csiemers

1. Redo your face definition
    2. Not sure what you referring to
    3. Which app?
    4. Battery life just fine​

1. Done 4-6 times even after deleting cache.
    2. Shelf, on the left of your home screen. Storage data incorrect.
    3. Inbuilt Video Calling dialer (India)
    4. It is not as good as it was with oreo.

2. Pankaj vedi Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Pankaj vedi, Sep 27, 2018 :
    please tell me full instructions what can I do ?

3. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

Kytharsis, Sep 27, 2018 :
    The post I led you to read has everything you need. Read it.

Pankaj vedi likes this.
  4. Ganesh Navgire Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

5. Pankaj vedi Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Pankaj vedi, Sep 27, 2018 :
    ok I wait......

6. vishal.chainani Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

vishal.chainani, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Apps like Jet Airways keep crashing, tried reinstalling but didn't help. Secondly, Truecaller app doesn't display caller id for any incoming calls.

jekingandhi likes this.
  7. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

Expect crashes. New OS, devs need time to update their apps to be compatible.

8. dheevar Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

dheevar, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hello Manu,

Got the update yesterday. The new UI is pretty smooth and fluid. I am facing faster battery discharge on my OnePlus 6. Within 10 mins of being on a call and submitting to this post, the battery got discharged and reduced by 5%. Theres no other app working in the background.

Regards,

Dheevar Paralkar

9. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 27, 2018

camohan, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I agree but 99% of the questions are repetitive for which a simple Google search can help but as you know people don't read. Allowing to create a new thread means a possibility a genuine feedback being lost because people just reply in any thread they see on first page. Atleast here developers will be able to see what people are thinking about.

Probably someone or I if get a free time will prepare a list of common Q and A and get it sticky here so that merging makes more sense.

10. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

That would be a pretty good idea. To add to that thought, maybe close this thread and have Manu create a new one so it isn't overflowing with repetitive postings. Be less strain on the forum as well.

11. F_Marko_Josipovic_ucSH Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

F_Marko_Josipovic_ucSH, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Can I my OnePlus 6 downgrade to android 7?!

Android Oreo and Pie not for serious use. Big issues with notifications delays and nothing you can do. Optimisation settings does not help. AI and battery saving utter BS...

12. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 27, 2018

camohan, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Manu and team are tuned up by now with such repetitions:p. Forum is quiet good in handling strain look at game threads :D..

Kytharsis likes this.
  13. FaleshC KitKat Sep 27, 2018

FaleshC, Sep 27, 2018 :
    if we could be of any help in creating Q&A please let us know.

GambitM and Kytharsis like this.
  14. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

Bah, forgot about them off-topic threads. Never bother to read 'em.

15. FaleshC KitKat Sep 27, 2018

FaleshC, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Huh!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Android 7?
    It was launched with 8.1

Kytharsis likes this.
  16. R1532193121118 Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

R1532193121118, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi, so I rolled back from beta 3 a few days ago. I don't yet have the new update even after searching. As it's a roll out I'm presuming it will arrive soon (hopefully). Just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience. I'm from IPhone for the last 6 years so I'm used to seeing an instant update from the betas.

Just wanted to make sure this is normal as I am obviously quite impatient

17. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 27, 2018

camohan, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Sure..appreciate!!

Kytharsis and FaleshC like this.
  18. FaleshC KitKat Sep 27, 2018

FaleshC, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Perfectly normal, update will arrive shortly for you. Wide roll-out is already started.

GambitM and LegolasX like this.
  19. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

There's a reason this thread has almost a thousand posts...

20. mnorouzi Froyo Sep 27, 2018

mnorouzi, Sep 27, 2018 :

Rayees Ahmed

Thank God, after seeing so many complaints, issues and bugs, I am happy that I still did not update.​

Dude, I updated yesterday and everything seems normal. even battery last normal.
    Having some bugs are also normal for first release. but there are not catastrophic issues.

I found some minor bugs and I reported them back. that's how op community works. We are part of the company. if you are not satisfied with the process or product you can always change your phone.

for everybody with different issues:

These steps may help you.

1. Wipe cash after update.

2. wipe individual app data that you have problem with.

3. Wait untill the battery level drops to less that 5% and then recharge it to 100 without working with phone for the first cycle of charging

4. give it a couple of days for the adaptive battery to adopt itself and learn apps usage. The battery performance in a normal scenario should be better than Oreo.

5. most of apps are not yet design and fully compatible with Android P. keep updating your apps.

6. and finally, step up and reports the bugs and issue that you have by sending the logs or signing up to the experience improvement program on your phone. OP doesn't have big community or different products like other companies to collect enough system log information.
    if you are not super privacy- sensitive guy help them to collect your phone log data in order to improve their softwares.

Haroon117 likes this.