OxygenOS 9.5.4/9.5.5 for OnePlus 7 Pro Global/EU [9.5.6 for the US]

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member May 26, 2019

Manu J. , May 26, 2019 :
    9.5.4or5.png

EDIT: We pushed Oxygen OS 9.5.6 to the U.S. with a small bug-fix. This update is for US unlocked models to fix an issue with Verizon users not being able to answer calls from Verizon iPhones.

Hi everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.5.4 and 9.5.5, they are essentially the same builds, but due to recent regulations in the EU and as per Google's instructions we have 2 builds now, one specifically for EU region.

Changelog:
    • System
      • Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
      • Fixed an issue that causes an audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
      • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Camera
      • Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
      • Improved image quality in low light
      • Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
      • Fixed focus issue in several scenarios
    Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback we received both positive and constructive from users of the OnePlus 7 Pro's triple camera, both from within the media and our own community. OnePlus is committed to building products for and with our users. We value your voice!

We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

You can check here for more information on the newly integrated Feedback tool.

This OTA will have a staged rollout, the OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs,

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2019

2. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 26, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , May 26, 2019 :
    good job @Manu J. still these devices perform very average in low light.
    20,000 rupees phone oppo f11 performs well in low lighting.

and also add support to use wide angle in portrait as portrait shots are too much zoomed in as it uses telephoto 3x zoom.
    seriously its too annoying.
    we can't take photo of near by human and other subjects by Portrait mode.

3. Grapir
    Eclair May 26, 2019

Grapir , May 26, 2019 :
    I'm glad to see a quick fix for the double tap to wake...it fails one a lot with the current build that I have

ahuete, Only_mo, Montpbm and 11 others like this.
  4. 777SAO
    Eclair May 26, 2019

777SAO , May 26, 2019 :
    Great! So being on 9.5.4 in the EU will mean i will get the 9.5.5, as friends from the US and Inidia got the 9.5.4 with the camera update...

5. Thorodon
    Eclair May 26, 2019

Thorodon , May 26, 2019 :
    Loving the OnePlus 7 pro, any improvements to the ultra wide camera it quite weak at the moment?

6. G_Yomny_vZsX
    Eclair May 26, 2019

G_Yomny_vZsX , May 26, 2019 :
    Just happy to see camera updates, it's the one thing I'm still ashamed to show off to friends. Keeper it up

7. sane__
    Froyo May 26, 2019

sane__ , May 26, 2019 :
    Wait, are you really telling me that you didn't include nightscape and pro mode for the Wide Angle lens with this update?

Thank god I'm into the return window. This must be a joke.

santosh45, WasD24, Gow24 and 23 others like this.
  8. tychoregter
    Froyo May 26, 2019

9. RandomDude66613
    Gingerbread May 26, 2019

10. MD_18
    Honeycomb May 26, 2019

MD_18 , May 26, 2019 :
    Camera is definitely improved. Still no support for wide angle video though. But now the refresh rate is acting weirdly. like it's fluctuating a lot. the scrolling experience is really bad now. there's a lag if you try to scroll faster. please fix this ASAP as there's no point of having a 90hz display if it's running at 75hz or something. instantly noticeable while using Google Chrome and scrolling through a webpage and even in Instagram. if you guys are testing a proper variable refresh rate option then add it separately under the refresh rate setting as it's spoiling the whole smooth experience you guys claim. Also there's something wrong with accidental edge touches too. it's like the edge is so sensitive suddenly. it's spoiling the whole experience of curved 90hz display.

@Manu J.

Last edited: May 26, 2019

11. NateDev
    Honeycomb May 26, 2019

NateDev , May 26, 2019 :
    Yea this happens for me too

solarisrulez, mbcool, Zvoni and 3 others like this.
  12. dr0idman
    Froyo May 26, 2019

13. Interview_Tech

14. tlxxxsracer
    Froyo May 26, 2019

15. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean May 26, 2019

saikiran4ever , May 26, 2019 :
    Thank you for these builds.
    I found that the camera was better on 9.5.1 build than 9.5.3 (previous build).

Could you please make 9.5.1 build available for download in the download page so we can go back any time?

Meanwhile, I'll try 9.5.4 today.

16. bala_gamer
    Donut May 26, 2019

bala_gamer , May 26, 2019 :
    scrolling experience is completely fine and nothing has been changed in terms of smoothness. just checked it with profile rendering.

17. akks

G_Amrit_Devkota_hezD likes this.
  18. 777SAO
    Eclair May 26, 2019

777SAO , May 26, 2019 :
    1. camera portrait not improved to my eyes (way to soft, and not that focused), need to test HDR etc tomorrow
    2. BT works better
    3. No scrolling issues on my side

19. mattborkin
    Froyo May 26, 2019

G_Amrit_Devkota_hezD likes this.
  20. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 26, 2019

neroleptic and George Psaltas like this.