OxygenOS 9.5.4/9.5.5 for OnePlus 7 Pro Global/EU [9.5.6 for the US]

1. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb May 26, 2019

BYG BYRD , May 26, 2019 :
    This Auduo Delay issue is Still in OnePlus 6. You Can see my old Post their i have mentioned but OnePlus only Answer to new and latest device.

2. H1542153384332
    Gingerbread May 26, 2019

H1542153384332 , May 26, 2019 :
    OnePlus when I called them said it's still a Google OS. Just look at the system page.

3. akks
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 26, 2019

akks , May 26, 2019 :
    Yes. Phone was in my pocket. Recieved duo call and camera is already popped out when I took the phone from pocket. Same thing happened with WhatsApp video call also last day. I'm away from home for work and my kid video calls me at odd times to see me..

Kernel tuning or whatever optimisation it is, some apps simply doesn't run in the background as it was working perfectly in my OnePlus 3 previously.

Device falling off the table is a rare wide scenario, when I'm away and the device is kept on the corner of the table and I get a video call and when the camera pops up, it hits an object kept near the top end of the phone and the whole device falls off. Leave it, it was just a wierd scenario. What I wanted to say is that, if the camera pops up only when we "answer" the video call, and not when ringing itself, it would have been perfect. Yeah the knock knock feature of duo is disabled for me.

Lahirurd likes this.
  4. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

elanglois , May 26, 2019 :
    What's wrong with the battery. Even with QHD/90 I'm getting about 6hrs SOT. Still collecting full data for now, but its not bad

Hitman424, nevin_john and recon0xe like this.
  5. Dhruv Weaver
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 26, 2019

Dhruv Weaver , May 26, 2019 :
    Please send me a Google Drive Link or something of the photos that you're so unhappy with. I'm actually curious because so many people including myself are happy with the camera on the 7 Pro. Here's a link for everyone, with a bunch of photos I've taken in auto, using a variety of the cameras on the phone, with no edits whatsoever:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Cy71h0T5XHsKhKSWAPlKuqy8k7KfIN_l

Here are two that really show the quality of these cameras:
    1558880896535.jpg
    Shot with the standard lens
    1558881227887.jpg
    Shot with the tele

Pro mode photos are even better.

Attached Files:

6. sane__
    Froyo May 26, 2019

sane__ , May 26, 2019 :

I don't know you dude, I see you are giving some justice to the Indian community (I'm a European) but you are talking a lot of bullshits lately. One of them is the case with the Hz. Movies are played at 24 FRAMES per second. Tv content is played between 25 FRAMES per second and 30 FRAMES per second. Please, mind that FRAMES PER SECOND ARE NOT Hz. Hz is the refresh rate per second and this is a BIG BIG difference.

I didn't see any changes in the refresh rate after the last update, but who knows.

7. akks
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 26, 2019

akks , May 26, 2019 :
    That are awesome photos, mate. May be we have to learn photography a bit, OnePlus camera has great possibilities... But sometimes the photos turn out awkward. Inconsistent photos, that's all for me.. Hope it'll be fixed.

Dhruv Weaver likes this.
  8. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

Oneplus does not control the Android APIs, nor Google Apps.

The OS does not know when a video call has connected. The only thing the OS knows is that Duo asked to use the camera. Duo asks, and the OS raises the camera. Nothing can be done. You could maybe not raise the camera with the screen off, but Google's Duo turns on the screen before asking to use the camera.

Not gonna get a fix on that

Hitman424 likes this.
  9. Coastie
    Honeycomb May 26, 2019

Coastie , May 26, 2019 :
    I'm not a video call user, or even a front camera person, but it seems like it should be an easy firmware fix they could tie to the proximity sensor to at least stop the front camera from popping up and expanding in pockets, or to the lock screen to stop it at all other times. This seems more of a OnePlus problem to resolve than app developers.

akks likes this.
  10. BlackKnight2332
    Gingerbread May 26, 2019

BlackKnight2332 , May 26, 2019 :
    Has this been happening? I don't see any reason the camera would pop out unless you accept the video call.

Hitman424 and akks like this.
  11. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

No. Refresh rate is exactly Hz. Refresh rate per second IS frames per second. You are refreshing the frame. What part are you confused about?

12. Vignesh Manoharan
    Froyo May 26, 2019

13. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

I just told the other guy. How does the OS know you accepted the call??

The app asks to access the front camera. The OS pops it up. Its that simple. Get with Google and ask Google why they access the camera before the call is accepted. Let me know how far you get

Hitman424 likes this.
  14. Coastie
    Honeycomb May 26, 2019

Coastie , May 26, 2019 :
    Yes, to lots of people, who all agree like you do, that it should only pop-out once a call is accepted.

15. T1558392598428
    Froyo May 26, 2019

16. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

It doesn't have it. But, if there is any light at all, the camera works well.

17. BlackKnight2332
    Gingerbread May 26, 2019

BlackKnight2332 , May 26, 2019 :
    I think he means lighting up the display to assist in low light condition

Vignesh Manoharan likes this.
  18. elanglois
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

Maybe. But what do you tell the app? The app is gonna think the camera is available and will try reading data. Do you give an error message? Just zeros?

Its not quite as easy as you think. A pocket mode would be a nice start. Not sure why OnePlus abandoned it

Hitman424 likes this.
  19. Jaimin Solanki
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

Jaimin Solanki , May 26, 2019 :
    For better result of camera...
    You just need to do same as google..
    If a single lense with better software can produce a better photo than the dual or triple camera...
    Then you just have to rethink on it...

recon0xe likes this.
  20. sane__
    Froyo May 26, 2019

sane__ , May 26, 2019 :
    Dude... You just lost all the credibility you thought you had. I'm into the post-production video business for almost 18 years now. I work with these numbers on a daily basis. Open wikipedia/google and learn from your mistakes. HZ has NOTHING to do with the Frames Per Second.

24HZ are NOT 24FPS

Refresh rate and frames per seconds are two completely different things :)

The "Hz" refers to the refresh rate of the display (the rate at which images are updated on the screen) which may or may not have anything to do with the actual frame rate of the content being displayed.

Hitman424, akks and BlackKnight2332 like this.