OxygenOS 9.5.4/9.5.5 for OnePlus 7 Pro Global/EU [9.5.6 for the US]

1. midasziom Eclair Jun 6, 2019

midasziom, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Download Oxygen Updater app from Google Store.

2. 7 Delusions Froyo Jun 6, 2019

7 Delusions, Jun 6, 2019 :
    I already have it. No update for me. I think it is because I've updated from 9.5.5 EU to 9.5.6 US even tho they are mostly the same thing.
    If someone is willing to share the update file it would be much appreciated!

3. 7 Delusions Froyo Jun 6, 2019

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  4. G1558842425747 Donut Jun 6, 2019

G1558842425747, Jun 6, 2019 :
    wow even with this 30w warp charger?

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  5. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 6, 2019

MR.BEN312, Jun 6, 2019 :
    this is a warp charge you don't have to charge it over night. That's another great thing about this phone...the battery is the best today ...NEVER SETTLE

6. G.Reagon Froyo Jun 7, 2019

G.Reagon, Jun 7, 2019 :
    no, you should never charge any smartphone over night, especially a phone like the 7 Pro that can be fully charged in about an hour. do a Google search on "how to take care of a smartphone battery". a ton of websites will tell you to never charge them to 100% and never let them reach 0%.

charge the phone to 85% then let it drain to about 30%, then charge it back up to 85%, over and over. a full charge or full drain stresses the battery a d will shorten it's life span.

7. Spelt Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

Spelt, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Ok I will give it a shot for a week or two. That should be long enough to find out if it will adapt the brightness level.
    Update: I set it for auto-brightness leveling and ran it though some on/off cycles at the brightness level I use for a bit just to see what it would do. At first it was inconsistent but the more cycles I put it through it more consistent it seemed to get. So far pretty good. I think I was still negatively influenced by the phones old behavior before the latest OTA's. The phones current behavior is different than what it was previously. Now I need to change my own thoughts toward the phone with new expectations in mind. LOL I can learn, I am not totally set.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019

8. Spelt Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

Spelt, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Like adaptive brightness the battery also appears to have adaptive tech built into it also. With OP7P I have the battery has slowly been getting better on the length of time it lasts. Its not something that just happens over night. The length of on screen time seems to take several weeks to develop. This adaptive behavior for android 9 is different than previous versions of android such as 8. Definitely something new for me since this is my first exposure to android 9. New phone new android version even though android 9 has been out for a while. I am coming from an OP3 which doesn't have android 9 yet.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019

G.Reagon likes this.
  9. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav, Jun 7, 2019 :
    install this latest cemera update with bunch of improvements.
    oos 9.5.6/7
    Changelog:

Camera

Improved overall contrast and color performance

Improved white balance consistency of triple camera

Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing

Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes

Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes

Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide

Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide

Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto

Improved clarity and color of Nightscape

Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape

System

Optimized Double Tap to Wake

Fixed issues with Ambient Display

Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps

Improved touch sensitivity for screen

10. elanglois Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

elanglois, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Yes! It cant overcharge. Its smarter than the user and this lets your phone optimize! Trust me

G1558842425747 and MR.BEN312 like this.
  11. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

MR.BEN312, Jun 7, 2019 :
    yes that is so true...

12. Tammi Simms Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Tammi Simms, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Hello everyone, I am new to the oneplus world. Brought my 7 pro in mainland China about 2weeks ago. I thought it will work normal like all the other phones. But nope, I can't login to my google account. Had a look online, I think it's down to the OS. So, can anyone pls tell me how can I change that? TIA

13. elanglois Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

elanglois, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Your phone optimizes itself. Leave it plugged in overnight for best results

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  14. SBANZM Donut Jun 7, 2019

SBANZM, Jun 7, 2019 :

elanglois

OnePlus cannot make the notifications dark without breaking applications​

Breaking apps? Can you elaborate? Thanks

15. Rahstyles Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

16. vriesdejoop Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

vriesdejoop, Jun 7, 2019 :
    forget AOD, not needed

17. Rohit Yadav G Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

18. Rohit Yadav G Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

19. elanglois Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

elanglois, Jun 7, 2019 :
    mini apps assume that the notification is white. Therefore, it will use custom text colors that are very dark. The oldest doesn't know that the van has been changed to a dark color. The ellesse is only change the default font colors not the custom ones. what you end up with is very dark text on a black background and you won't be able to see your notification.

substratum uses custom overlays specific to each app that does this. However, every time that that app is updated you have to update the overlay otherwise the Apple crash. It's a constant shell game of overlays and updates.

just wait for Q. Google has enough clout to force developers to upgrade how they do things. once the global dark mode in queue is supported by newer apps then you won't have to worry about it

SBANZM likes this.
  20. SBANZM Donut Jun 7, 2019

SBANZM, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Thank you! I can see clearly now..