OxygenOS 9.5.7 for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

1. clloyd
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2019

2. Swejuggalo
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2019

3. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

Sean The Gun , Aug 29, 2019 :
    I believe we've been given a half baked update with an incremental didget added on to make it seem legit.

Is that pure paranoia or what lol.

I know I can manually update camera through apk download, but why wouldn't the camera be updated in this release if it were there?

like given us update junkies a placebo?

mnorris84 likes this.
  4. jhnwlkr
    Donut Aug 29, 2019

jhnwlkr , Aug 29, 2019 :
    I'm happy we got this update and have the Aug security patch, better late than never and anyway first world problems and all that. This phone is still awesome!

5. chistery
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2019

chistery , Aug 30, 2019 :
    Has anyone on EE got the update via the OTA method and not via the oxygen updater or other methods?

6. mnorris84
    Donut Aug 30, 2019

mnorris84 , Aug 30, 2019 :
    had to do it over the updater. Wasn't showing over OTA with EE.

7. chistery
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2019

8. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

Sean The Gun , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Back to square one...

"7 series" has open beta...

But the 7 Pro 5G doesn't?

last I checked the 7pro 5G was part of the 7 series... hints in the name?

9. V1566492443177
    Donut Sep 3, 2019

V1566492443177 , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Oneplus won't comment on this, it's a shame as I've now lost faith in them. I chose this phone because of the speedy updates, this has left a sour taste.

10. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

my partner sent back her OnePlus device due to my issues with them I'm not having another OP device bought in this house again.

Currently in talks with EE about cancelling my contract free of charge too due to this issue, discriminate inferior service for a premium device. Will have an outcome by end of this week or next I believe, if it works out I will post my outcome on here so othersntoo can get out of there contracts.

We shouldn't be paying more for less, tell you that for absolutely free.

11. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

We miss the same opportunity that every other OnePlus 7 series customer gets... but we pay more.

So please if you don't have the issue don't try give a solution or your view on it.

12. akks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2019

akks , Sep 3, 2019 :
    I wrongly posted thinking that's it's regular OnePlus 7 series thread. My apologies.
    I have already deleted my post.

clloyd likes this.
  13. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

no worries, appreciated

14. mnorris84
    Donut Sep 3, 2019

15. IRhyiku
    Froyo Sep 3, 2019

IRhyiku , Sep 3, 2019 :
    How far back can Oneplus take us while mentioning nothing about us..

16. G_MIhai_Untila_hACa
    Donut Sep 4, 2019

jhnwlkr likes this.
  17. Swejuggalo
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2019

Swejuggalo , Sep 4, 2019 :
    You will get one too... Problem is when.

18. G_MIhai_Untila_hACa
    Donut Sep 4, 2019

19. Sean The Gun
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

Sean The Gun , Sep 9, 2019 :
    So to anyone interested, I contacted EE today and they tired very hard for me to stay on there 5G plan with the OnePlus 7 pro, but had to bend to my opinion that 5G was sold to me was unsecure and has issues regarding updates along with that my area won't even have 5G for number of years. I was on phone for nearly an hour but I'm not prepared to pay a premium to get less support.

So as of today they have cancelled my contract with zero charges as long as the device is returned.

on another note... I spoke to OnePlus today and they said EE would have to approve any updates they push out. I confirmed I had spoken to EE today and they had no updates to review for our 5G devices. Meaning they too are waiting on OnePlus to push them software updates for 5G customers... to at this point the advisor took sometime to reply and gave me the answer of "we release updates in batches meaning it'll be release with build number"... this too meant nothing and they had no information on 5G updates what they were or what would be released...

So if the customer support of the manufacturer doesn't know you can be sure there's nothing going on regarding sorting this 5G update issue.

EE will cancel down contracts as long as you can work with the terms and conditions, missold or misrepresented information is how I got out of it.

First and Last OnePlus device [e]1f44c[/e]

20. tomerlandsen
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

tomerlandsen , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Nice, congrats for managing to negotiate with them! I tried the same and was told repeatedly that there was nothing that could be done since I'm outside the initial 14 days of the contract. However, my contract hits the 6 month mark in early December, so at that point I think I'll pay to "upgrade anytime", return my device and get a Pixel 4 XL on a 4G contract.

jhnwlkr and Sean The Gun like this.