OxygenOS 9.5.7 for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

1. Fox Mulder
    Donut Oct 10, 2019

Fox Mulder , Oct 10, 2019 :
    I am beginning to think that it was a mistake to buy the 5G model. Always last for the updates. That's the whole reason I stuck with OnePlus all these years, i. e. frequent software updates. That is SO not the case for 5G. Thank you, NOT, OnePlus for rewarding my loyalty. Selling my phone, this is a joke. Period. End of sentence.

2. jhnwlkr , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 10, 2019 :
    yeah unfortunately I think most 5G owners are coming to the conclusion and realisation that we have been stitched up big time by OnePlus in buying this phone.

3. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 11, 2019 :
    7/T/Pro has 10.
    6/T has been told when they are getting it.
    5/T has been told when they are getting it.
    7 Pro 5G have never been told when an update is coming leaving us in the dark until the day an update comes out every 2-3 months.
    Oneplus completly ****** this device with support and still, months later, no response from them aside from tacking it on the end to another update with "just wait other devices"

I love being completely left in the dark more than a device that came out in 2017.

4. jhnwlkr likes this.
  5. G_Rab_Ralston_YDpq , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 12, 2019 :
    My 5G 7 Pro has been in a drawer for almost 3 weeks after I bought the iPhone 11 Pro.

The support given to this device in comparison to the rest is an absolute disgrace and once I sell it, it'll be the last OnePlus device I ever own.

jhnwlkr likes this.
  6. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 12, 2019 :
    You bought a limited version on a limited market with limited real use. For me I won't be using 5G until it's mainstream or atleast equal to 4G based phones.
    Too many warnings hidden here and there that you need to be aware of. For me the falling behind compared to standard 4G version was not a surprise... it was expected.

7. F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT
    Froyo Oct 12, 2019

F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT , Oct 12, 2019 :

The lack of updates are pretty poor I can't see why it's so hard....

The only difference is the 5g modem so surely things like camera updates, security patches don't concern the 5g modem and as such shouldn't affect updates.

The other this is this device was sold as a premium device not a prototype, limited device or development device so if it's not going to get the same support as the others then we have been duped we paid more than anyone else for this device yet we get the least support

jhnwlkr likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 12, 2019 :
    There was actually a security flaw at one point that actually only concerned the devices with 5G modems...

I'm not a programmer, especially not for Android, but have done some C++ and some other languages... The problem here may lay in that not everything is a simple copy and paste between the devices. Some extra stuff is added outside of the drivers and it may show up as options in the GUI of the device. It may look like small changes on the surface but the underlying parts may be much more complicated.

9. jhnwlkr , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 13, 2019 :
    All that's great and makes sense but OP should never have released this 'flagship' phone if they weren't ready or didn't have the resources to support it.

It doesn't make any sense that the support for a company's most expensive phone should be non existant just because it uses a newer technology.

This is a massive fail by OP.

10. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 13, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 13, 2019 :
    It tends to be this way on brand new tech with very limited customer base. It plagued by limited resources too. Pure economical limitations.
    It sucks to jump on the early wagon sometimes. I'll avoid 5G until it's mainstream or atleast equal to 4G variants.

11. jhnwlkr , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 13, 2019 :

Swejuggalo

It tends to be this way on brand new tech with very limited customer base. It plagued by limited resources too. Pure economical limitations.
    It sucks to jump on the early wagon sometimes. I'll avoid 5G until it's mainstream or atleast equal to 4G variants.​

If OnePlus was a small company with limited resources then you might be right but they're big enough that they should be able to support the device even if that means they're making less profit on it.

Samsung has a 24 hour dedicated service for people that buy the fold and they will lose money on that phone, but they are investing in building up a base of loyal customers who will want to upgrade to the next generation fold and who will also be telling everyone how great it is.

I don't see too many OP7Pro 5G users recommending anyone buying the 5G model.

12. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 13, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 13, 2019 :
    True... But 5G versions is not really comparable to a completely brand new type of phone. "Everyone" want 5G phones eventually regardless of them spending money on caring for the 5G users existing now.
    I don't know about the regular Samsung phones like 5G Note 10 or 5G S10+ but I assume they are a little behind standard version. Especially if they are carrier branded (and that seems to be pretty much standard currently at this early 5G stage).

13. IonelD. and jhnwlkr like this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 15, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Some rumours say Oneplus 8 could be the first all 5G series... Not so sure though. My guess would be more like 9 series. At that point buying 5G device will be a completely different thing

jhnwlkr likes this.
  15. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Judging how Oneplus can't manage one 5G device, I can't see them doing another that quickly

jhnwlkr likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 15, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 15, 2019 :
    The problem now seems to be that the current 5G device basically is just a side project... If 5G becomes the mainstream phone there would not be a 5G issue anymore because those phones will be the main product and get all the resources as one too.

jhnwlkr likes this.
  17. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Well these bunch of idiots need to pull the lead out of their ***'s and get a shifty on it....I didn't pay £750 to be a side project for this bogus company...

18. swa100
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

swa100 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Sorry mate, but... yes you did.

19. Tergon
    Froyo Oct 17, 2019

Tergon , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Wow, this sucks I just ordered the oneplus 7 pro 5G from a China site, for dirt cheap, now to find out it will not have proper support at all, very faustrating, I mean sure eventually it will have Android 10 but when is the question. Plus probably never be able to put a custom rom on it at all, crappy.

jhnwlkr likes this.
  20. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Oct 17, 2019 :
    No, I really didn't! All side work, testing and confirmation of proper support should've been done PRIOR to the device release....

jhnwlkr and F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT like this.