OxygenOS 9.5.7 for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

1. Emmanuel_Adams
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

Emmanuel_Adams , Aug 9, 2019 :
    what about the updates included in the 9.5.11 update for the 4G varient of the phone? we are still missing them.

forid-786 likes this.
  2. The HoneyMonsta
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Aug 9, 2019 :
    You can't use that as an excuse because the update BEFORE the one we just received didn't have the latest security patch either.

Whilst I appreciate the response from someone with some authority, I don't find it adequate and I still feel dragged through the dirt.

@Manu J, I would very much appreciate it if you could subscribe to this thread and keep us updated with regards to software updates because (as I'm sure you read) we're all just a little bit frustrated and upset with OnePlus right now because it's taken us to revert to social media, creating a public forum, spamming OnePlus' Twitter account for us to get some answers.

Thank you,
    Sean A.K.A HoneyMonsta

3. carro_d
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

carro_d , Aug 9, 2019 :
    thanks we really appreciate the official response think people will be more understanding now we have an official response. we just feel let down that this is supposed to be flagship model and we don't have all the updates the same as 4g variant. now we know it's this month if there's any further delay please let us know it will stop all the negative comments it's a great device we just want to get same level of support as non 5g version.

forid-786 likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 9, 2019

dsmonteiro , Aug 9, 2019 :
    That's not entirely accurate.

There is a software development cycle, where changes are introduced to software, the new build is tested and then it gets released. The fact that the other mods got the patch and OnePlus 6 and 6T didn't doesn't mean much because they didn't have this bug to fix.

If a critical bug pops up in the middle of a cycle, it's only natural that it gets fixed immediately, with the software update that was under development getting pushed a few days into the future.

I don't know much about software project management so I can't really go into details here, but's that's more or less the logic.

5. xenom0rph
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2019

xenom0rph , Aug 9, 2019 :
    OP are feeding us crap
    If they added August patch to 7 Pro last month then NO reason why they cant do same for 5g.

Emmanuel_Adams likes this.
  6. The HoneyMonsta
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Again, I appreciate the response and that MAYBE clears up a few things.
    Again, I appreciate the response. I'm not very "in the know" when it comes to the software update process.

I'm just saying how I feel and how the rest of us feel.

This isn't the support we've come to know and expect from OnePlus. We've been backwards and forwards between OnePlus Support who keep referring us back to EE - and EE who keep referring us back to you.

With the 4G variant getting all the latest features inc camera improvements etc (something that's massively needed), we (5G variant owners) are just so sick and tired of the lack of transparency between consumer and manufacturer, feeling like we've been "abandoned", the level of consistency.

From our knowledge and going by what we've been told, I would like yourself or Manu to answer 2 questions that have been on all of our minds.

1. Do updates for the 5G variant HAVE to be signed off by EE?

2. With 1 clear difference between the 4G variant and the 5G variant, please tell us why updates are taking so long? As far as we know, the ONLY difference between the 2 versions is the inclusion of a 5G modem in the 5G variant. We don't get how it can be so difficult to release updates at the SAME TIME as the 4G variant. This goes hand in hand with what I said above - transparency.

Thank you,
    Sean A.K.A HoneyMonsta

7. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2019

DJSubterrain , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Apart from it not being the same phone you mean?

Put it this way, does your phone work now? Would you rather they released a patch quickly with bugs that would stop it working properly? I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy with that either?

TVTV likes this.
  8. IRhyiku
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 9, 2019 :
    I doubt the camera improvements are related to the modem so what is the hold up there? That's what I want to know.

9. IRhyiku
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Call it an Open Beta and I would be happy with that, did that the oneplus 5 and enjoyed the latest stuff months before anyone else.

10. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 9, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 9, 2019 :
    I think the code was frozen before being able to add August security due to the other security issue. The next update is probably close to build or has already been built and is at internal testing stage.

11. G_MIhai_Untila_hACa
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

G_MIhai_Untila_hACa , Aug 9, 2019 :
    And also why even OnePlus 6 received beta test why and we who have 5G devices even not getting any information when the beta will be available for us also why we even didn't get the july security update first my OnePlus phone and if it's going to be like this will be the last one for sure I've been with Samsung before and just come to one plus for stock android and monthly updates and normal costumer support even OnePlus 6 got the august security patch.

12. Anandu p
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2019

13. carro_d
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

carro_d , Aug 9, 2019 :
    probably i can already imagine the uproar when everyone gets Q and we are still stuck on Pie

14. G_MIhai_Untila_hACa
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

For sure why you think we even didn't get access to beta test.

15. carro_d
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

carro_d , Aug 9, 2019 :
    exactly my only hope is the next update is a big one and brings us inline with the non 5g version

16. IRhyiku
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Google Mobile Services: Google apps.

Anandu p likes this.
  17. Anandu p
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2019

18. JelleZon
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2019

19. G_MIhai_Untila_hACa
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

Cause it's having a different modem for 5g network 4g version don't have the same modem.

20. F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Exactly been my point for about 2 months now...

Give us all the updates needed and leave anything connected or related to the modem till later updates don't hold back the rest like camera, touch sensitivity, screen improvements and sound which are all totally unrelated to the 5g modem