OxygenOS 9.5.7 for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

1. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Aug 24, 2019

Sean The Gun , Aug 24, 2019 :
    Pretty much disgusted with OnePlus... this is my first OnePlus device after Google phone's right from the Nexus brand, First and last, Won't be taking the orders to ship these either.

Can't believe I chose the "Premium" device to get updates behind 3 year old devices, paying extra for 5G and hardly even gets used.

As for OnePlus, with this experience I won't be putting another penny into the companies pocket.

Great device flawed by its own makers, forum mods and admins.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019

2. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 25, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 25, 2019 :
    5G phones this year is more like opting in for prototype testing. Limited use, possible extra drain issues, falling behind on the software department, limited resources on the "side project"...
    Not sure if any brand does very well on the 5G part yet.
    I will get whatever new Oneplus there is during next spring but I'm pretty sure I will avoid a 5G version if it would exist for my region.
    Maybe the spring after that. Then the main version might even have 5G as standard

3. F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT
    Froyo Aug 25, 2019

F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT , Aug 25, 2019 :
    It is toward

They didn't sell the phones as prototypes or development phones they were sold as premium devices with a premium price tag

They need to get their finger out of their *** and get these updated

Sean The Gun likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 25, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 25, 2019 :
    True... But the end result on new gen tech devices, limited by several factors, seems to be similar to prototyping (but at a late stage on real customers).
    I got some bad experiences from jumping on both 3G and 4G early.

5. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Aug 25, 2019

Sean The Gun , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I see your view, but I didn't buy a prototype device.

5G being the cutting edge on network speeds, it should be there first priority to troubleshoot, fix then update. not get less updates than a 4 year old device.

This really has salted my experience with them and it was my first experience.

I expect issue being newer tech, but I expected more updates, not less.

jhnwlkr, tomerlandsen and forid-786 like this.
  6. forid-786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2019

forid-786 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I'm thinking deep and hard about this. Oneplus has lost my trust and they still aren't even trying to provide us decent updates and service... Before you know it they'll be onto their 7T phone instead. Completely f**King us over.

tomerlandsen and Sean The Gun like this.
  7. N1566881316720
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

8. The HoneyMonsta
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Manuj promised an update at the end of this month and so far nothing has materialized! And what's this tosh that dude is spouting about 5G devices being a prototype???? Nah bro, prototype testing should've been done prior to release to the general public. I'm not a Guinea Pig and I didn't opt in to be a Guinea Pig!

OnePlus have lost a customer with me as far as I'm concerned because they've sold us a product they know **** all about and the lack of updates just tells me that they're totally unequipped and unable to provide updates in a timely manner - but they're happy to charge a premium for the convenience of owning a 5G device.

Samsung aren't any better when it comes to updates - but at least when they release an update, they're not ******* pointless like the update we just got.

If anyone from OnePlus reads this thread - tick tock! Our security patch is coming up to being 3 months old....Google release a security patch MONTHLY!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019

9. F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Amen to that

10. Adam Miklewski
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

Adam Miklewski , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Please in the next update can you allow us to use the x0.6 lens for video recording. Or is there a good reason why this is not possible? Thanks

11. Adam Miklewski
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

Adam Miklewski , Aug 28, 2019 :
    [Ambient Display]

Would be great to be able to set how long messages appear on the ambient display and the same with the horizon lights. Great feature, however everything disappears a bit too quickly I think. Is there any reason why we couldn't set how many minutes or seconds messages and notifications appear for?

many thanks

Adam

12. chistery
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2019

chistery , Aug 28, 2019 :
    it's going to be interesting to see how delayed Android 10 will be for the 5g version.

jhnwlkr and Sean The Gun like this.
  13. tomerlandsen
    Eclair Aug 28, 2019

tomerlandsen , Aug 28, 2019 :
    At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Android 11 beta is in full swing before we get even a taste of Android 10

jhnwlkr and Sean The Gun like this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 28, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 28, 2019 :
    It is not that hopeless. 5G actually got an security update before regular 7 Pro once (the 7 Pro was the last one of all 3). Surpricing stuff has happened before [e]1f609[/e]

15. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Aug 28, 2019

Sean The Gun , Aug 28, 2019 :
    And what update was that? as I see it were 3 updates behind and near 3 months behind on security so anything before other devices is still catch-up?

16. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Aug 28, 2019

It would really need to be 3 updates one after the other each day to surprise me. Even then it would be to just make par with the other 7 series devices.

17. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 28, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 28, 2019 :
    June or July security patch. Don't recall the exact numbers. Regular 7 Pro was the last one getting that.
    True that being behind in security level is bad. The amount of updates does not mean anything though. The actual content of the update matters. Not that it's always easy to be happy when comparing between devices if you are not having the regular 7 Pro.

18. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Aug 28, 2019

Well it can't be any as we're still on June patch and we were last to get that one...

Please understand the thread.

19. IRhyiku
    Froyo Aug 28, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 28, 2019 :
    We are still on June coming up to 3 months now so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop defending this shitty behaviour of OnePlus to us. And even though we technically got the June patch first it was only for 8 days - we are currently waiting 91 days for even the next patch.

Having their premium model lag behind even the OnePlus 3 in security is a joke and the way they aren't even responding to any concerns is terrible service on their end. They clearly bit off more than they can chew releasing this device and it should have stayed for more R&D and used this for their "7 Pro T" instead.

carro_d likes this.
  20. O1529054890612
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

O1529054890612 , Aug 29, 2019 :
    This is to all of you guys, who are s........y complaining about the security patch and other potential features beeing updated on sister phones.

Before you bought your new OP7 pro 5G, did you ever check and educate yourself what 5G is?
    Definitely not, otherwise you would immediately stop complaining.
    5G is a complete new technology and has nothing to do with 4G/LTE.
    In order to have your new gimmick work on a 5G network, the MNO has to build and change his complete network infrastructure. That takes time and costs a fortune.
    Why do you think that all the few available 5G phones (from the handful of vendors) are only sold from the MNO itself and not available on the open market?

The first priority is to be able to use the phone in a 5G network, and update (irregularily) the phone as soon as bugs are discovered.

The last priority is to have the latest Android patch, or any other fency feature implemented in a rush if it is not mandatory for having a working phone.

All you guys are one of the first who are able to use 5G within your MNO, so be patient.
    Would you be happy, getting useless features and beeing unable to make 5G Data calls? I guess no.

All info about what 5G is is available on the Internet, even to be explained for non techies.

Be a little patient, all the features will come, maybe a little later compared to the non 5G phones, but don't forget, these ones are lacking the 5G suppport. There is no new technology built into these phones compared to our 5G version.

V1566492443177 likes this.