OxygenOS 9.5.7 for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

1. G_Chris_Lambert_wbmY
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

G_Chris_Lambert_wbmY , Aug 29, 2019 :
    EE don't sell the non-5G model, so many of us aren't actually using the 5G functionality despite having a 5G phone. Me included, I'm on a 4G contract but buying the 5G model was my only option if I wanted to stay with EE.

hywelkidd, IRhyiku and forid-786 like this.
  2. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Aug 29, 2019 :
    Haha, you have no clue bro! We're not complaining about the 5G tech inside our phones - if you were a member of our telegram chat, people have demonstrated that it's working on multiple occasions.

What we're complaining about is the lack of updates from OnePlus AND being stuck on a security patch that's nearly 3 ******* months old - Google release a security patch MONTHLY!!

OnePlus are NOT taking our device security seriously and this is completely unacceptable!

Also, we are seriously lacking the features that were implemented on the regular LTE version MONTHS ago! Camera improvements, battery improvements, UI improvements etc etc all of which have **** all to do with the 5G tech.

It's become very clear to me that you do not own a 5G device because you have ZERO clue as to why we're angry and frustrated.

I get that it's "new ground" for OnePlus and they are just as new to this tech as we are.....but 1 software update since the launch in MAY?????? (Which was completely pointless btw) Nah bro!

OnePlus were in such a rush to release the 5G variant knowing they were unable to support it....we don't even have our own support page on the OnePlus website.

So, go back and read my post from yesterday. We just want clarity, to be kept in the loop, acknowledgement that the 5G device (which we're paying a premium for btw) exists. Because as of right now, OnePlus have taken our money and given us a big "**** you" in return!

So don't say we're complaining for nothing dude. We're angry and frustrated!!

3. debarshi 94
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2019

debarshi 94 , Aug 29, 2019 :
    using the 7pro device .. but facing some software glitches like sometimes the phone is vibrating after I have disconnected and double tapping but it is not recognizing .. please do help

4. O1529054890612
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

O1529054890612 , Aug 29, 2019 :

5. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

The fact you think the Nexus series of phones still exist says enough to me bro! I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who clearly has no clue!

Sean The Gun and forid-786 like this.
  6. O1529054890612
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

I have never said that the Nexus exists, but if you are unhappy, go and get yourself a Google Pixel. Definitely better for someone who wants monthly updates.
    And I tell you, this is the last advisory to you, STOP getting personally!

7. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

Getting personally?? No need for the "ly" "personal" will suffice.

And I never got personal. All I said was "you have zero clue as to why we're angry and frustrated" because you came on here and told us all to stop whining and bitching about the lack of updates.

To educate you on the situation AGAIN....

We're not angry or frustrated with the 5G tech inside the device - as mentioned multiple times before if you bothered to go back and read - this has been demonstrated to be working FLAWLESSLY!

Our issue is with the lack of security updates from OnePlus and the lack of updates in general. I can't count the amount of updates the regular LTE has received - certainly more than the 2 we have received!

I don't know about you but, security is a big thing in our days, right?.

Go back and read WHY we're angry and frustrated before coming here and running your mouth! (Or your thumbs). Think before you speak (or type) because right now, you're coming across as someone who is clueless!

Read. WHY. We're. Angry. And. Frustrated!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019

8. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 29, 2019 :
    You were the one who made it "personally" when you said "This is to all of you guys" in your first post. That's directed at us complaining.

jhnwlkr, Sean The Gun and forid-786 like this.
  9. F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT
    Froyo Aug 29, 2019

F_Calum_Wardlaw_cwgT , Aug 29, 2019 :
    What has the 5g modem got to do with android security patches, camera updates, oos bug fixes and improvements...

The 5g modem is a separate issue I have no issues with the 5g side of my phone mostly as I don't use it... But the other hardware and software is identical in the 7pro with the exception of the 5g modem so why take so long to update all the parts that have no bearing on the 5g modem

forid-786 and jhnwlkr like this.
  10. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

IRhyiku , Aug 29, 2019 :
    Clearly this knight has no idea what he's even talking about. Uneducated bitching about people complaining about his precious company that he pays to use..

forid-786 likes this.
  11. ZacharyNJBarker95
    Froyo Aug 29, 2019

12. O1529054890612
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

Because the complete software is more or less different, compared to the 4G version.

13. Emmanuel_Adams
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

Emmanuel_Adams , Aug 29, 2019 :
    I've got both the 5G variant and the 4G variant. software is exactly the same, the only difference being the 5G modem.

14. H1567083019153
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2019

15. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2019

@O1529054890612 haha! That pissed on your bonfire didn't it? Now, unless you have something constructive to add be quiet and pull your tongue out of OnePlus's a$$!

forid-786 and Emmanuel_Adams like this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 29, 2019

Swejuggalo , Aug 29, 2019 :
    I understand why people are upset and I would be too if I owned a 5G version. Personally I would never get one if I got to choose. Too early. Too little resources compared to regular versions. Too few customers... I can only see myself to buy a 5G version when it has started to become more mainstream. Only then you can be sure to get enough resources spent on the device and on the software department.
    So just because I was unsure of what month you got the security update before regular version I am clueless?
    The point was just to highlight that it was not ALWAYS last/late in exactly EVERYTHING. There have been some minor fixes early on 5G too... But as you know it's most often behind.
    Being with the 5G version sucks in some regards. As you might have seen I actually called the device things like "a prototype but for real customers". Not really defending Oneplus when using words like that... If customers does not feel happy about the phone and feel left behind that would be proof of that the phone should not have been released yet.

17. ZacharyNJBarker95
    Froyo Aug 29, 2019

18. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Aug 29, 2019

19. G_Chris_Lambert_wbmY
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

20. Emmanuel_Adams
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

Emmanuel_Adams , Aug 29, 2019 :
    camera app is the same as in 9.5.7, but I am noticing improvements. haven't fully tested it out yet, but shall do more later on today