OxygenOS and battery drain

?

Does your OP2 drain quickly during little tasks?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. No, I use custom kernel/rom/modification

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. MasterPoiuy
    Gingerbread Mar 9, 2016

MasterPoiuy , Mar 9, 2016 :
    Since version 2.2 and above, battery drains insanely even for little tasks like browsing.

If I understand it correct, Marshmallow's doze mode will only help save battery on standby. What about these crazy drains while doing little tasks? 3300 mAh battery should be effiecient, why isn't it?

I have already cleared cache after updating and still clear in every couple of days, doesn't help much.

2. ath.peppas
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2016

ath.peppas , Mar 11, 2016 :
    Unfortunately, this is an issue. I was getting on 2.2.0 maximum 2hours SOT. Now with 2.2.1 is a bit better I have to admit.

Leave your phone in idle mode and leave it for a few hours (don't charge it during sleep) and send a few print screen from the battery options. The main issue is the battery drain when the phone is not being used.

willy156 and tnewman66 like this.
  3. MiroslavH
    Froyo Mar 12, 2016

MiroslavH , Mar 12, 2016 :
    I have SOT about 4 hours - OP2 is just one day phone, without much reserve. I can live with that, but I'm not too excited... with the Galaxy Note 3 (KitKat), with almost the same battery, bigger screen, I had SOT 6 or more hours, with a little effort on two days.

4. arisma
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2016

arisma , Mar 16, 2016 :
    Same 4hrs, but sometimes draining, could be after web browsing, bt enable and disable, ...

5. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Mar 16, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Mar 16, 2016 :
    Can you please share us the screenshot for battery drain issue so that we'll get to know what drains your battery???

6. Dr sushil kumar
    Eclair Mar 16, 2016

Attached Files:

7. markgranto
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2016

markgranto , Mar 21, 2016 :
    my battery has been great since i got the phone and pretty steady, but after installing 2.2.1 its been chronic. Same usage and what used to last me 2 days now last a day at most. Had planned to factory reset and see if that helped, but with marshmallow supposedly close i'll try and wait till that comes out then do a wipe.

8. steno_dea
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2016

steno_dea , Mar 24, 2016 :
    In my opinion the version 2.2.1 works great with the battery usage.
    I'm 100% stock and these are my results:

Attached Files: