OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 20, 2019

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Are you asking what the security patch is? (5th September if you are).

Or are you asking when it will be updated to October's patch?

khyathi123 likes this.
  2. T1561561339307 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 20, 2019 :
    both months

khyathi123 likes this.
  3. Mike_Jiang , via OnePlus 6 Midnight Black , Oct 20, 2019 :
    For using OnePlus's new gesture(the one with swiping from side to go back) to go to recent apps

It is buttery smooth in portrait, very closed to iPhone.
    However, when the phone is in landscape mode, it is not smooth at all, NO animations.

Hope OnePlus can fix this.

4. Jandroid7
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

Jandroid7 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    My sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, light, etc.) Are not working, I've already rebooted the phone a few time, cleared the cache in the recovery and even re installed the update. Any help?

5. costi.prichi
    Donut Oct 20, 2019

costi.prichi , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Bugs found by me. I don't know if this is the right place to post my findings. if anyone knows where I can post them so someone can actually read them please pm me or reply to my comment.

1. Auto-rotation is not working. Probably this is very obvious and has been reported
    2. If using Gboard with a white theme and the "Navigation Gestures (bottom)" option is selected in settings it will result in a bar with no function under the keyboard.

3. While having "Navigation Gestures (bottom)" enabled from settings (old OnePlus Gestures) when the screen is unlocked, in the bottom corner it will appear two white corner things with no function. The white corner things would start the Google Assistant normally, when using the new Gestures but with the old ones they are just appearing for a brief moment.

!! I can't post a screenshot or provide a video for this issue because it doesn't show up on the screenshot/video.

4. While having the "Navigation Gestures (bottom)" enabled, Hidden Space cannot be accessed. The repro is 5/5. With the new Gestures the Hidden Space can be accessed.

5. Minimized Notifications are sometime showing over opened apps as a black bar. I will try to repro this if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

6. rhyd1am

The current patch is 5th September, but as for when we will get October patch, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

7. NodePoint , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Apart from having to reboot (and clear cache) to enable the sensors & improve performance, inconsistencies & parts of the UI looking off, some instances of lag and a few minor bugs, I found the first open beta for Android 10 to be surprisingly stable (so far).
    Battery life is good. Still snappy (not as smooth as the last Pie build but close). Managed to spare a lot more storage for the system partition. Haven't experienced issues that would actually get in the way. Impressive.
    1571603990139.jpg
    I should warn: the emergency call trigger does end up being disabled when upgrading to this build.
    You can re-enable it by going to: Settings > Security & lockscreen > Advanced > Emergency rescue > Emergency call trigger
    Alternatively, you can just use the option present in the power menu.

8. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2019

9. pranav_karakavalasa
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

pranav_karakavalasa , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hello people,
    I tried turning off WiFi scanning (coz it's kind of annoying) and it keeps turning on on it's own.. I would love to call this a feature but nah..it looks like a bug :p
    Does anyone have the same issue?

10. T1571603895717
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

T1571603895717 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hey Folks, after one day of usage here's feedback for the Dev Team:

-the most important bug I report first. After reboot there is no "tuut tuut" xD when calling someone, but its ringing on the other phone. After first call the "tuut tuut" is hearable again (I don't know how call that noise but hopefully u know what I mean xD

- after 2 reboots and wipe of cache autobrightness and auto rotate working, no problems with bt and GPS so far
    - no root possible (unknown command boot.img) but I think it's wanted that way
    - autobrightness a bit to aggressive for my taste
    - no gallery or camera issues (but issues with access gallery/storage access from 3rd party apps, permissions checked)
    - as I use SwiftKey - no problems with blank spaces
    - no problem with screenshots

Thanks for this really solid Beta 1. Looking forward to next one. If a can help with any logcats lemme know :)

11. DivyanshuOberoi
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

12. rhyd1am

13. DivyanshuOberoi
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

DivyanshuOberoi , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Like if i go to my system updates the beta is not there. Is it gonna take time to roll out or u have to download from provided links?

14. rhyd1am

Are you already running beta? or are you on the stable update?

15. DivyanshuOberoi
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

16. MateCurkovic
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

17. rhyd1am

In that case you will not receive an OTA for the beta.

You can either do a local upgrade from the provided link for your device, or hang tight and wait for the stable release in November.

18. DivyanshuOberoi
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

DivyanshuOberoi , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Alright guess I'll wait for the stable update. Thanks for the info bud!

rhyd1am likes this.
  19. Lelander2015
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2019

Lelander2015 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    6 series is where they got finally noticed too.

20. rhyd1am

Y1571604064807 likes this.