OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2019

NodePoint , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Disable 'filter images smaller than 50KB' in the Gallery settings.

Artemus. likes this.
  2. Vaibhav_sinha
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2019

viva_la_tko likes this.
  3. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

NodePoint , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Sounds like the Gallery app has the 'android' folder blacklisted (images are saved to '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.appbound.wallcraft/files/Pictures/downloads'). The gallery is able to read the file if a path is provided to it (i.e. opening the image via gallery using a file manager).

Vaibhav_sinha likes this.
  4. nochillyg
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

nochillyg , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi, I just unlock my t mobile OnePlus 6T. can I receive the update at the same time like the unlocked version?

5. M1571607873836
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

M1571607873836 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi! :)

Warning - long post. I'm an enthusiast... :cool:

Been using the beta for about a day. Decided to post a review here, where I might be heard, instead of bitching about stuff in the wrong places.

A few things I really like

1. The new volume control is really useful!
    2. The implementation of the new navigation gestures, although not perfect, is really good.
    3. The settings groups in the settings app really makes sense.
    4. customization menu

Things I'd like 1+ to change or improve

1. Ambient Display
    a. showing the now-playing music and upcoming events is a welcome addition. I think throwing weather in would make it even better.
    b. I'm missing the 'vanilla' clock option, the one-row, all white regular clock. Please add it back.
    c. The feature I still miss from my old Nexus device is the ability to swipe away notifications from the ambient display. If its considered a risky feature cause of incidental dismissing, you can make an opt-in toggle for it. If Google allowed it, there's nothing stopping 1+ from adding it too.
    d. 7 pro / 7t pro have horizon light, could be easily added to the 6t/7t/7 to light around the notch, replacing the removed notifications LED.​

2. Lock Screen
    a. The new smooth opening animation is nice, but it feels like it slows the experience. Any way to make it faster?
    b. When unlocking to an open app instead of the homescreen, the screen flashes and briefly shows the homescreen background - needs fixing.
    c. allow changing the left and right shortcuts.
    d. pocket mode shows the wrong phone picture.​

3. Fingerprint
    a. keeping new unlock animations for newer devices is pointless and makes people who purchased a previous, still-supported model feel second class. Make new, and additional unlock animations available for all supported devices.
    b. add a feedback vibration for unlocking with the in-screen fingerprint, just as we always had with regular finger scanners.​

4. Gesture Navigation
    a. Yep, there's a gap under gboard, please fix it.
    b. Google has added support for the new navigation gestures for 3rd party launchers in their latest pixel 4 version. As an enthusiast-driven brand, with a large user base that is into customization and switching launchers, OnePlus has to add this asap :)
    c. I'm missing the vibration feedback on the home middle swipe.​

5. Dark Mode
    a. notifications are black while the quick settings panel is dark grey. It looks inconsistent. Choose one color for both.
    b. there must be a quick settings toggle for dark mode for quickly changing it throughout the day.
    c. allowing scheduling or sunrise/sunset timing for the dark mode would be really cool.​

6. Screenshot editor
    should be decoupled from the gallery app. Some of us disable the gallery and use Google photos instead, and are confused why we cannot edit our screenshots...​

7. Design
    a. 1+ had a feature contest, with the winner being a better design for OOS. We are yet to see any sign of it.
    b. The icons in quick settings are dated compared to Googles new material ones.
    c. The Airplane mode toggle lost the take-off/landing animation that was talked about on stage, as an example for 1+ caring about the little details.
    d. the settings app icons could be colorful in dark mode too, to help find them, and for a better look.
    e. the 'clear all notifications' button and the 'close all apps' button in the recents screen are too easy to press and confusing the later one for a 'close recents' button is too easy. Try implementing it similarly to Google or just using text.
    f. allow using our custom fonts. make it a developer option if you have to.
    g. allow saving our own preset themes in the customization menu.​

8. Launcher
    a. Allow switching the shelf to the Google feed. Its much more useful for a lot of users.
    b. Make it much more customizable - for instance, allow customizing or disabling the dock.​

9. Game Space
    a. the 'gaming mode' toggle is no more. It was really useful for a lot of non-game cases. Please bring it back.
    b. both layouts of the game space are not comfortable to use and require either stretching the finger to the top of the screen or flicking through a lot of panels, while finding the game in the launcher would be faster.
    c. The settings panel looks like it was supposed to work per-game, while it wasn't.
    d. there is no way of getting into the game space, or game-mode related settings from the settings app.​

10. Its Android 10 after all... :D

6. Vaibhav_sinha
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2019

Vaibhav_sinha , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    no the images are saved in the wallpapercraft folder in the pictures folder. the gallery app just can't seem to detect that one particular folder.

viva_la_tko likes this.
  7. Last edited: Oct 21, 2019

Caomhin and M1571607873836 like this.
  8. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

NodePoint , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 21, 2019 :
    I see no mention of such folder under 'Pictures' in the root of the internal storage. I used the large button, of which offers to set the selected image as a wallpaper or to share it with someone.

9. AstroBoy89
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

AstroBoy89 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    So ignoring the comment that wasn't an answer, can anyone confirm an issue with Ark Survival Evolved regarding an error that doesn't make sense or tell me what could be causing it. I don't know if it's because the bootloader is unlocked or something caused by the issue breaking Google pay for some as well. Attached is a screenshot of the error regarding Ark. 1571614761703.jpg

10. shivu191995
    Eclair Oct 21, 2019

shivu191995 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Other known issues
    1. Laggy scrolling sometimes in appdrawer and apps.
    2. Picture in Picture mode issues in whatsapp video calling.
    3. Issues in app download from play store sometime( have to restart the phone)
    4. Quick reply not working from notification in status bar.
    5. No option for disabling notch display in settings menu.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019

11. M1571607873836
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

M1571607873836 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for the reply. You think I should open a case for each suggestion?
    Also, please re-edit your reply, so my post is quoted and not copied :grin:

12. Saenz4931
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2019

Santhosh2702 and AstroBoy89 like this.
  13. angourakis
    Froyo Oct 21, 2019

angourakis , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Not sure if already reported, but I can't fastboot boot twrp.img anymore. It gives a message of unknown command.
    Already tried to change usb ports, adb tools (downloaded latest from Android developer website ), operating system (tried on Linux and Windows)... Nothing helped.

Seems like the same happened with OP7 Series but was solved on one of the latest updates

14. Monsterfuddi
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Monsterfuddi , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Has anyone else been facing issues with calls? I have been told that the voice on the other side is not clear and very distorted.

15. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 21, 2019

ironass , Oct 21, 2019 :
    There is, currently, no compatible TWRP for the OnePlus 6T on Android 10.

16. shed
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

17. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

NodePoint , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Reboot into recovery, enter the password or pin (if prompted) and clear out cache (and that only).

18. ahernandez4110
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

ahernandez4110 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    this wasn't made for T-Mobile Branded Devices you will BRICK IT.

19. ahernandez4110
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

ahernandez4110 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Yeap it's a known issue, sounds like ROBOT FILTER

imdebbas likes this.