OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. G_Andy_Banach_BtHQ
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

G_Andy_Banach_BtHQ , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Experiencing outgoing voice call problem running this beta on a 6: I can hear other party fine but my voice is very distorted and almost incomprehensible on the other person's phone. Each call I made had the same problem and reboot did not help. Did not try for too long before falling back to stable OOS. Carrier is T-Mobile.

dougmaitelli and G1538406599780 like this.
  2. nickrilea
    Eclair Oct 28, 2019

nickrilea , Oct 28, 2019 :
    You? Probably never!

3. dougmaitelli
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

dougmaitelli , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I am having exactly the same problem

4. habeebsahili
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

habeebsahili , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Before upgrading i used to set an alarm to wake up in the morning and i switch it off my phone , however when i updated to the latest beta and do the same thing my phone doesn't switch on at all or even the alarm does not ring.After I wake up late i just get notifications of my missed alarm.
    anyone can help me ?

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 28, 2019

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Please check the Notification area for the phone app.

1572305824918.jpg
    Make sure all options are selected.

6. vines_zach
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

7. vines_zach
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

8. hungerdunger
    Eclair Oct 28, 2019

hungerdunger , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I'm waiting for the official release of Android 10, but could I ask beta users about gestures?

I find the OnePlus gestures easy to use but I've heard reports that some people find the ones which come with Android 10 to be awkward.

So firstly, are you able to override Android gestures with the original OnePlus ones, and if not, how are you getting on with the new ones?

9. Parmeet.sethi
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

Parmeet.sethi , Oct 29, 2019 :

rhyd1am

I can't tell you to be honest. I can remember something being mentioned in an older beta that was I think specific to India, but I can't give you a reason myself.

Have you tried Google search?​

tl;dr: These are two different applications by Google, meant for different regions. Only one of the two is relevant for you and depending on where you live, the other one would get removed in upcoming updates/stable version.

Longer version:
    There are two different applications by the name 'Google Pay'. While one is the global version (which is not available in India), the other one is the India-specific payments app. It was earlier called Google Tez and was then rebranded as Google Pay.

These are two different applications because they share nothing in common except the name. While both applications handle payments at a macro level, the international version predominantly helps manage payments through your cards (online and at physical kiosks), whereas the India specific application uses the Indian financial transactions system, UPI, which facilitates direct transactions between bank accounts.

Note that the international version of the application isn't available in India but you can use the on-the-web version for storing your card information for use on Chrome or on your device.

These are probably two different applications because they started off as separate applications developed with their own set of objectives. But since Google decided to use the same nomenclature it is likely that the two would be integrated at some point of time, but the inherent difference in their underlying mechanism makes it difficult to comment.

Depending on your region, one of the two applications would most likely not be present in a future update/stable version of the OS.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019

rhyd1am likes this.
  10. Parmeet.sethi
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

11. vannakCck
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2019

13. vannakCck
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

14. vannakCck
    Donut Oct 29, 2019

vannakCck , Oct 29, 2019 :
    but I can use this app with other phone

15. W1572309808771
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

W1572309808771 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    many issues being faced after this new update. phone hangs and unable to send pictures on WhatsApp. pls fix these bugs.

Darkosaurus likes this.
  16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2019 :
    It might be because the open beta is yet to be CTS approved.

17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2019 :
    And like a beta tester supposed to do, have you given proper feedback with the log files?

kalvinli and ironass like this.
  18. Vaibhav_sinha
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2019

Vaibhav_sinha , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 29, 2019 :
    they are awkward but you get used to them in 2-3days

19. Michael.G.K
    Froyo Oct 29, 2019

Michael.G.K , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I also have this problem and also T-Mobile (Dual SIM Oneplus 6T from Oneplus direct & not the T-MO variant). All other voice apps are fine (e.g. Google Duo). I tried disabling VOLTE and VOWiFi but it didn't help, my voice is completely unintelligible to the other party ..

20. RSP0902
    Eclair Oct 29, 2019