OxygenOS Appreciation Thread

1. Lee_v
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2015

Lee_v , Apr 11, 2015 :
    Just installed it this morning so early days but so far so good, it's basically like having a nexus again which is no bad thing. It's nice that it has been kept really lean, the beauty of android is that you can add things if you want them, or flash something else if your not happy. I think the team have done a great job and are getting way too much stick, does Google get this over there updates? I'm sticking with it, nice and clean and hopefully updates will be quicker in future to keep up with nexus devices! Well done Oneplus/Oxygen, goodbye cyanogen!

mydroid likes this.
  2. koltiwa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2015

koltiwa , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I would love to try it but I can't even put on screen protectors, let alone install a new ROM.

sammy.1449 likes this.
  3. cbong1993
    Eclair Apr 11, 2015

cbong1993 , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I'm liking the speed and battery, seem to be about the same as CM 12 nightlies after fixing the Google Service Drain but there's something I don't like.
    1. Fleksy keyboard (my personal fav) typing sound bug which some sound disappears when typing really fast. Did not experience this on CM 12 nightlies.
    2. MaxxAudio does not work well with Spotify which produces garbled sound, and even tried some equalizers on PlayStore which produces the same outcome.
    3. CameraNextMod does not seem to produce pictures on par when it was on the CM 12 Nightlies, even the OP of the thread acknowledged this. And you can't turn off the shutter sound no matter what, even during silent mode or accessing system.

4. JakobRosenberg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2015

JakobRosenberg , Apr 11, 2015 :
    It's both. They're subjective experiences. I can go to bed with a 2/3 full battery. Others aren't as fortunate.

The whole point of this thread was to show that there's another side to the OxygenOS experience.

Takendown and Tanmay Satpathy like this.
  5. wmm
    KitKat Apr 11, 2015

wmm , Apr 11, 2015 :
    Yep, I'm happy with it. I had to do the tweak to fix the Google Play Services wakelock bug that was draining my battery, but now that I've done that, the battery life is great, at least as good as anything I had under CM11S. And I agree, it's definitely less buggy than CM11S, as well.

Takendown and mydroid like this.
  6. Azezo89
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2015

Azezo89 , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I put Oxygen OS on my OnePlus yesterday, so far I am positive. This is my first time to flash a phone, it was exciting. I know it may not be the best, but for now I am happy with Lollipop based Oxygen. One difference I noticed is my phones LTE signal bar used to fluctuate between, two bars, one bar, or no bar at all, all the time when I am indoor. In Oxygen, the signal bar is stable and so far have't seen signal loss. I am on metroPcs, and after I flashed Oxygen, the LTE signal shows T-mobile as my carrier, kind of weird, may be T-mobile owns metroPCS, I don't know. I read some post with the same experience, showing a different carrier. Anyway, It is working fine with me and meets my needs. For some users may be it is below their expectation.

7. Takendown
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

dupontk likes this.
  8. Alexandre.evrard1
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2015

Alexandre.evrard1 , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I agree totally! Many people halte Oxygen but I really like this. I admit that it was hard to install as a beginner. But it worked well for me! No regrets and keep up the good work OnePlus!

mydroid likes this.
  9. Dsheller85
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2015

Dsheller85 , Apr 12, 2015 :

What tweak did you use?

10. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2015

11. wmm
    KitKat Apr 12, 2015

wmm , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I started with the DisableService app to enable the SystemUpdateService service for Google Play Services. When I saw that that worked, I used SManager to write a script that runs at boot time to do the same thing so I didn't have to do it manually after each reboot.

Dsheller85 likes this.
  12. Takendown
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

Takendown , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I don't know why, but reinstalling Google Play Services solved the problem for me, as well as many other people facing this issue.

13. maansg
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2015

14. azp3
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

azp3 , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I am real happy with oxygen. Now my daily. Doubt I even mess with cm12s or whatever they are calling it now. Had to fix google play services battery drain issue but that wasn't a big deal.

mydroid and Takendown like this.
  15. wmm
    KitKat Apr 12, 2015

wmm , Apr 12, 2015 :
    Yes, I've seen those reports. If I get the time and energy I may try that as an alternative, just to check it out.

16. static555
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2015

static555 , Apr 13, 2015 :
    same here. Now sometimes it's heating like Nexus 4 did. Otherwise everything it is fast and stable.
    Got Play Services fixed by AppOps. Not shure if I'm going to flash CM12

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

17. treaty
    Donut Apr 13, 2015

treaty , Apr 13, 2015 :
    +1 for Oxygen OS. Either you get pure Android... or you don't. I like it.

18. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2015

giaur500 , Apr 13, 2015 :
    False. Google Services battery drain, difficult to apply any workaround, because there is no root. Of course, fixed by CM12 2 months ago (LOL).

Much more bloat dude. Google bloatware.

LOL. Of course, for example 16:9 photos and 4k movie recording. Please, don't be an idiot.

19. reddybandi
    Eclair Apr 13, 2015

reddybandi , Apr 13, 2015 :
    cleared the data of google play services solved the battery draining problem for me.

ShiroFeu likes this.
  20. lovecostarica
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2015

lovecostarica , Apr 13, 2015 :
    Once rooted it is a very easy install. Almost installs itself.