OxygenOS features on OnePlus 7 series - How did we do?

1. ashot999
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

2. aacaash
    Donut Jun 28, 2019

aacaash , Jun 28, 2019 :
    their should be optimization available for alert slider
    for e.g. when we put it at vibrate the media volume should be at zero like it is at zero at silent mode

Scottspa74 likes this.
  3. W1553351314454
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2019

4. ShaikAHMEd2997
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

ShaikAHMEd2997 , Jun 28, 2019 :
    Hey,. ....I just stepped in to the OnePlus family.....it's like awesome.....but there are few bugs...that made me...like....is this??? happens in OnePlus.....I never thought.... whenever I keep my mobile in pocket..there are several Waring of finger print showing wrong attempts...n there is very bad clarity in slow motion video recording...n most of the apps r not opening in full screen...like YouTube when we play d video....n even the videos in video player....the battery consumption is also high..the photos tht are taken in the camera ...is like painting...with low contrasts n clarity..there is also a adaptive brightness isssue which is not working. I think u people take a step ahead to solve this problems...plz help me in this.....

5. Edobig
    Eclair Jun 28, 2019

Edobig , Jun 28, 2019 :
    that's the worst form of hiding apps. how about a more advanced option like Samsung's secure folder

6. Edobig
    Eclair Jun 28, 2019

Edobig , Jun 28, 2019 :
    please add more features to the gallery app. it is just too basic. At least one should be able to control the volume(without using the volume keys) and brightness on the screen using swipe gestures while watching a video. An option to rotate videos while on the gallery app(one does not have to use the drop down to auto rotate everything).
    Samsung has done a great job with their one ui skin. I advice you take a clue from them.

aacaash likes this.
  7. sharraf@tejaswa
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

8. Thijs1981nl
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Thijs1981nl , Jun 28, 2019 :
    What a fantastic phone compared to Samsung (with its bloatware) I would like the option to change the back button on the navbar to the right. For the rest this phone kicks ***.

9. Edobig
    Eclair Jun 28, 2019

Edobig , Jun 28, 2019 :
    To me, I think oxygen os hasn't changed from what it used to be. Yes, updates come every now and then but sadly it doesn't come with features to make the os intuitive. Most updates are to improve camera and optimize the os which literally does nothing.
    How can I be watching a movie using the gallery app and the moment I close the gallery app, the movie starts all over again and it is a little difficult trying to fast forward to where i stopped. why can't I just drag left or right to fast forward or rewind and drag up and down to reduce or increase brightness and volume

Scottspa74 and KathiravanJLR like this.
  10. Edobig
    Eclair Jun 28, 2019

Edobig , Jun 28, 2019 :
    You Should try your hands on the One UI. Samsung has streamlined their OS. it is not the way it used to be. OnePlus show improve on the gallery app and we want a more advanced secure option to hide apps(not swiping left or right) and files not lockbox.

11. Manojvsm
    Donut Jun 28, 2019

C1560838174625 likes this.
  12. E1561533761796
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

E1561533761796 , Jun 28, 2019 :
    - Please, focus in rear camera sharpness , results looks blurry when zoom in and super wide angle let's a lot to be desired.

- tested Gcam and hardware is very capable, so software area must be improved.

- Battery life is not as good as espected ( too much consumption when iddle night time )

- Otherwise this Oneplus 7 Pro is Amazing stuff!!

13. abdulla77
    Donut Jun 28, 2019

abdulla77 , Jun 28, 2019 :
    I'm overall fine with my OP7 Pro, but here's 2 things in making it the best overall: 1) Always-on-Display like the one on the Pixel 3 and 2) Give us the choice of either using the drawer when swiping to the left OR using Google like in the Pixel 3...

Please consider these options [e]1f64f[/e]

14. V1560774756823
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

V1560774756823 , Jun 28, 2019 :
    The absence of pocket mode is felt every moment...everytime i take my phone out of the pocket it says finger print is disabled..its very tiring...need pocket mode asap

Scottspa74 likes this.
  15. U1561711141765
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

U1561711141765 , Jun 28, 2019 :
    Been using OP7P for one month after migrate from Galaxy S7 edge. Still missing the " extract text " feature after each cropped screen shot. Little things but really useful when you need it.
    For example : extract phone number/date/person name from a photo.
    Hope to see this feature asap on next update.

16. UnsereErde
    Donut Jun 28, 2019

UnsereErde , Jun 28, 2019 :
    Gallery app/Video app:
    - while watching a video add Volume and brightness gestures, with haptic feedback of course
    - add landscape button activater like on YouTube
    - make the gallery more clearer and change the icon

Pulldown menu:
    - brightness slider should appear after swiping down only once, or atleast add the Feature to set it after swiping down only once

Full gestures:
    - add haptic feedback after doing a gesture
    - after doing the gesture to access the open apps the clear all button 'X' should appear much faster, when you disable animations its there immediatly, thats annoying

Oxygen launcher:
    - give us the option to delete a complete homescreen page
    - give us the option to change the order of our homescreen pages
    - give us the option to set our main homepage
    (Yes everything like on Samsung but it gives a better user experience)

Always on display/edge features:
    - i think you know that we want a always on display thats very customizable
    - add edge features, the edged screen is pretty useless at the moment (like permanent edge lightning, shortcuts)
    - LED feature through AOD

EDIT:
    - Camera needs improvement in yellow light scenarios
    - are there software sided possibilities to make the flashlight brighter? On my Galaxy S7 i could make it brighter in 5 Steps

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019

17. Strykmatta
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Strykmatta , Jun 28, 2019 :
    my screen lights up almost all the time when i talk in conversation and so it starts different apps and change settings. someone who has been through the same?

Scottspa74 likes this.
  18. Kartik_manral
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Kartik_manral , Jun 28, 2019 :
    same issue with my one plus 7 and Same model

Strykmatta likes this.
  19. Kartik_manral
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Kartik_manral , Jun 28, 2019 :
    I own one plus 7 6 GB ram variant, facing issues like double tab to wake sometime not working, ram management problem like app are reloading again even if there is only 2 app in the background. Please provide a proper update for fixing this issue. As I have seen many comments facing same issue. Hope you will see my comment and provide a proper update.

20. Strykmatta
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

Strykmatta , Jun 28, 2019 :
    that is so annoying.