OxygenOS features on OnePlus 7 series - How did we do?

1. the inspector
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

the inspector , Jul 1, 2019 :
    how do you activate the Google lens? besides recognizing phone numbers and email addresses and website addresses, my phone doesn't tell me anything when I take pics of flowers, trees, etc like Google lens does

2. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Click and hold w.e it is you're looking at through the camera view. Shortly after the "get started" screen should pop up.

dsmonteiro and the inspector like this.
  3. the inspector
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

the inspector , Jul 1, 2019 :
    awesome! thanks bro!!

4. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

5. A1561084493674
    Donut Jul 1, 2019

A1561084493674 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    the colour in the pic is different that of outside I Mean this is a lill backdrop, since we expect to capture the view we get to see not some different.. right!

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  6. Rkelley85
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Rkelley85 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    this phone is amazing I love it and I've had some of the best phones from the iPhone xs Max and just recently I switched from the Galaxy s10 to this 1+ 7pro and I can't get enough thanks one plus for an awesome phone

7. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE , Jul 1, 2019 :
    On the UI would be nice to have the possibility to go infinitively when we swipe the pages in the home (kind like carousel) instead of having the swipe stop at the end of the first and last page.

Also, it would be nice to have different ways to do the transition from a page to another in the home.

Oxygen OS is one of the best out, but the main page UI could be improved a little, so for now I'm still using Nova launcher. It would be nice to see implemented some of the features that are in that and other launchers in the Oxygen OS UI

8. H1561476019849
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

9. neil74
    Donut Jul 1, 2019

neil74 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    ^^ This

Do you have an ETA on the always on display? Is it imminent or is it still weeks or months away?

10. Peter_Ming
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

Peter_Ming , Jul 1, 2019 :
    I second this. We need one hand mode, especially with this massive screen.

Also there should be options to change the default volume button from Media control to Ring.

jstiggie and Sai KrishnaD like this.
  11. G_Pavlos_Piaditis_znro
    Donut Jul 1, 2019

G_Pavlos_Piaditis_znro , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Please improve the camera can we have wide photos with nightscape? Any chance to have generally better experience further with new update rather than the 9.5.7 and 9.5.8? There is any chance on portrait not to be needed to keep the distance? Any ai improvements on nightscape with longer exposure huawei style? All the rest are good but the camera really needs work.

jstiggie and Sai KrishnaD like this.
  12. N1560630073573
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

N1560630073573 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    team,. few things

1. auto brightness needs further improvement.
    2. battery life when using Bluetooth and with screen time on
    3. camera needs more improvement.
    4. I don't how and if this can be done - bose support with oneplus 7 pro more like it does with Apple products for more and clear sound clarity.
    5. when u select face detection, the front camera automatically pops up when kept in pocket. it does not if we undo with face detection
    6. Last but not the least till I come over with more... more colour covers for one plus 7 pro and tempered glass

jstiggie likes this.
  13. M1559589383475
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

M1559589383475 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Two things would put this phone over the top for many:

1. Always on display
    2. One hand mode to lower the top portion of the screen

Phone is great already but these 2 things would bring in many more people.

14. deepup166
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

deepup166 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    oneplus7 AppLock need to have a different password not the same password to unlock the phone.

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  15. Karl_Columna
    Froyo Jul 1, 2019

Karl_Columna , Jul 1, 2019 :
    using the camera in photo mode, long press the item in the viewfinder if you want to check. then google lens will automatically activate

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  16. neil74
    Donut Jul 1, 2019

neil74 , Jul 1, 2019 :
    To follow on from my earlier post if someone from Oneplus reads this thread I would like to know if they are genuinely trying to add the always on display. I only ask as the statement about them looking into it was quite vague so I wonder if the statement was just to placate people as a lot of people continue to ask for it.

Genuinely interested as on the surface the oneplus devs are very capable, people have been asking for it ever since it was removed on the OP6 and this really should not be a difficult thing to add. LG even managed it with an LCD screen after all.

17. KJGruca
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

KJGruca , Jul 1, 2019 :
    1. Double tap to wake doesn't work while on a call
    2. While on a call, flicking down to show the Notification Center doesn't work--you have to slide your finger all the way down the screen or it slides back up

What I'd like to see:
    1. Navigation bar customization for full gestures similar to Back, Home. primarily so I can double tap part of the screen to turn the display off
    2. Allow app switching for full gestures similar to Back, Home, so a simple swipe from left to right at the bottom of the screen switches to the previous app
    3. One handed mode, one handed mode, one handed mode
    4. A calculator shortcut in the Notification tray

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019

18. G_Mohammed_Nemaan_Ali_wj
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

Krystoph likes this.
  19. Suranjan bantupalli
    Donut Jul 2, 2019

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  20. ptm88
    Donut Jul 2, 2019

Sai KrishnaD likes this.