OxygenOS features on OnePlus 7 series - How did we do?

1. AsH.VaidyA Eclair Aug 2, 2019

AsH.VaidyA, Aug 2, 2019 :
    The biggest issue I am facing is the Auto brightness, you guys gotta work on that, another features I would like to see is pocket mode, always on display and a Dolby atmos button in the pull down menu. It helps on my S9+

Aleksandar Kahramanov likes this.
  2. Karl_Columna Eclair Aug 3, 2019

Karl_Columna, Aug 3, 2019 :
    no issues for me. everything working fine and the device becoming more amazing every update.

3. mr_mpeg Cupcake Aug 3, 2019

mr_mpeg, Aug 3, 2019 :
    I like most of the phone so i'm gonna focus on the stuff that could be improved imho.

- camera performance in every situation that isn,t perfect light.

- camera shutter lag. It's harder than usual to get a picture of my cats since the delay when i press and when it takes the picture.

- hdr option for pro mode. Or just somehow increase the dynamic range if that's possible with that sensor.

- gesture control could be smoother. For examplr if i swipe up for the app switcher i have to swipe from really wide from left to right to switch to the next app. If my swipe is a little to short i get a jerky animation and it's stuck. If it would allow shorter swipes we could flip trough the open apps much faster and more fluid.

- swipe left to go back system wide.

- tap status bar once to scroll up (might be a chrome thing)

Keep up the good work!

kaldpils likes this.
  4. MAXYMOK Cupcake Aug 3, 2019

Aleksandar Kahramanov likes this.
  5. Pavana__D Cupcake Aug 3, 2019

Pavana__D, Aug 3, 2019 :
    I am having some problem with notch........it automatically hide the notch when it's still on show the notch area mode. I have to switch between them to turn back on

6. CHA0SENG7NE Donut Aug 3, 2019

CHA0SENG7NE, Aug 3, 2019 :
    This is my first OnePlus phone. standard 7 8gb
    First impressions after 2 months.
    Very smooth,slick software.
    Battery life is excellent.
    Screen quality and build of premium phone.
    Camera is good but can be improved. I have taken some fantastic photos. Video is brilliant. very happy.

Coming from Samsung I would love to have separate Volumes for ringer and notifications. That's literally the only major improvement.

Other than that I'm very happy and super impressed with the community and update speeds.

Thank you Oneplus

7. mymanga Cupcake Aug 3, 2019

mymanga, Aug 3, 2019 :
    Been on this forum for 4 years, but it's only now I'm getting my first OP phone. I got the OP7 (8GB) and everyday I do something different on the phone, it feels like that feature should have always been there in my other phones. Everything is perfect, but, I get better pictures and MORE function with Google Camera app. I'm not really camera crazy, but I can notice the difference. Please work on that. Other than that, perfection.

8. Razvan Cristofor Froyo Aug 3, 2019

9. S1558388618694 Eclair Aug 3, 2019

S1558388618694, Aug 3, 2019 :
    Same here, my OnePlus 7 Provide fantastic!! I do wish updates were faster, since I have the T-Mobile US model. at least I'm on 9.5.9 but July security patch.

10. viharshah84 Cupcake Aug 4, 2019

viharshah84, Aug 4, 2019 :
    I have updated from 5T to 7.
    Missing these features of 5T

Noise Cancelation
    Custom notification light
    Swip between call log, speed dial and contact.

Please find a solution

11. KurtPfund Cupcake Aug 4, 2019

12. Nordrir Cupcake Aug 5, 2019

Nordrir, Aug 5, 2019 :
    there's a lot of good to be said, but there's also some rather serious criticisms.

Major:
    with the use of the pop-up camera on Pro, the availability of pocket mode is gone, which means that the phone CONSTANTLY does stuff it's not supposed to, enabling/disabling services, turning off music that is playing, etc. - the Pro is a HORRID design in just how it basically cripples the OS.

The same design flaw also makes the face unlock all but straight up useless in the OS.

The in-screen finger print reader is fidgety at best. It will often get issues when double tapping the screen to wake or lifting, and won't read the finger print, claiming you move the finger too fast - yet works instantly after when pressing the power button to bring up the finger print reader. - Additionally I've for the first time in decades manage to do a butt call, since my phone literally mistook my butt, through fabric, lying in my back pocket on my jeans, as my fingerprint... all this adds up to the fingerprint reader either facing SEVERE hardware AND/OR software issues.

The OS also uses so much power now constantly, probably not least due to the issues with the lack of pocket mode, that it barely lasts a workday, with average use of checking messages and making a couple of calls. This is however probably more down to hardware demands than OS, but I suspect there's some optimization that could be improved.

Minor:
    I know that OnePlus wants me to use their own launcher, but IF I decide I want another one, OnePlus needs to back off and not tell me every now and again to change to their launcher. It's intrusive and disrespectful to my choice, and incredibly annoying.

I've had, despite the clearly superior power and frequency a couple of game slowdowns in AC:Rebellion, which isn't even a demanding game. I'm not sure how that's possible - it never happened on my OnePlus 6.

The OnePlus widget showing weather, is kinda a simple and nice widget, but the red 1, to keep in line with the company logo and everything, is more of an eyesore than actually useful, so I suspect that widget will disappear fast from most phones.

13. Anand Sabnis Donut Aug 5, 2019

Anand Sabnis, Aug 5, 2019 :
    1. intelligence in selection of calling sim and if at all if we use 'always use simx for calling' , it is needed to be changed from setting only and not on dialing screen like motorola phone.
    2. cant select calling sim using voice commands when connected to Bluetooth

14. W1541536202739 Froyo Aug 5, 2019

W1541536202739, Aug 5, 2019 :
    Camera focusing does not always work, can not take pictures and this happens often in light conditions. And fingerprint scanner doesn't work fine, too many attempts to unlock.
    update 9.5.11

15. Trissandom Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

16. F_Akhil_Neelam_ClGB Donut Aug 7, 2019

17. mgriyaz Eclair Aug 7, 2019

mgriyaz, Aug 7, 2019 :
    One plus 7 and pro camera needs more update with artificial intelligence.Bcz it is not having good quality related to other sub brands of One plus.Also other Chinese brand provided Super slowmotion.But in one plus not having it.Finally I conclude that your camera in 7 and pro is utter worse if it is compared to your sub brands.Actually I used one plus 7 proand sold..later I brought 7 ,..Now I am going to sell this also due to low quality cam..Bcz I am a camera oriented person.So pls be update the cam features with auto edit mode in edit section and enhance quality in night pictures.Bcz one plus have a very good brand value and a good trust in this brand..So keep it up

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019

18. exis_tenz Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

exis_tenz, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Only one huge thing missing: a decent way to show notifications such as always on display or the like. Not something that lights up from 3 seconds and then is gone forever, but a real notification that keeps coming back. Every 2 seconds. Over amd over till read.

19. N1565157492028 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

N1565157492028, Aug 7, 2019 :
    hi team please assist me as i found it really inconvenient when ever i am calling or receving call person setting next me can clearly heard ur conversation

please suggest it is really incovenient to attend professional call

20. mgriyaz Eclair Aug 7, 2019

mgriyaz, Aug 7, 2019 :
    That's better,,You can talk to us

N1565157492028 likes this.