OxygenOS features on OnePlus 7 series - How did we do?

1. N1565157492028 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

N1565157492028, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Hi I am using one plus 7 and one problem i found which is really annoying that whenever i am making call i found it that speaker is so loud that person seating next me can hear entire conversation even if I am keeping it at low volume

2. N1565157492028 Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

3. vijayarajga Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

vijayarajga, Aug 7, 2019 :

*** Please enable recording internal audio ***

I just bought a OnePlus7 (GM1903) that runs on Android version 9/OxygenOS 9.5.7.GM57BA.

I also own a Mi Home Security Camera 360° 1080P (https://www.mi.com/in/camera-360/) that supports Talkback feature (2-way audio).

Problem is, in OnePlus7, I can listen to the audio the camera picks up using the Mi Home app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.smarthome&hl=en) installed to my phone. But it doesn't work the other way that what I speak on the phone is not audible in the camera speaker.

When I installed the Mi Home app and tried using the talkback feature I got this notification briefly on the screen saying "no authorization to record audio" although the application has permission for Microphone & Phone.

After Googling, I found this that in Android Pie recording internal audio is blocked although some OEMs like Xiaomi, Samsung have enabled it in their phones.

I really request that this feature is enabled in Oxygen OS as well so we can use devices & features like this. This is really bad that this feature is disabled/not supported by the device making the other smart devices functioning obsolete.

4. WTFBull Eclair Aug 7, 2019

WTFBull, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Hi, i have a problem in oneplus 7 pro 9.5.11

Headphones with type C not working, even i enabled otg

Fix that pls

5. Apocalyps_Comet Eclair Aug 7, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Agree with others on a pocket mode.

Another one I would like to see is an adaptive refresh rate. Ability to leave the phone a default high refresh rate then select which apps when opened reduce the refresh rate. Certain apps (games) do not play well with the high refresh rate. Manually switch rates all the time can be a pain.

6. Gersh Donut Aug 7, 2019

Gersh, Aug 7, 2019 :
    I’ve been thinking of ideas to avoid accidental finger print attempts on the 7 Pro. What if you had an option to move the touch icon above the finger print sensor, and you touch it to activate the screen then drag it down to the sensor to unlock. That way it only attempts to unlock when you drag it down to the sensor. Could use Haptic feedback to help direct when to start and stop dragging, so it can read the fingerprint clearly, and only illuminate the sensor when your finger is in the correct position. Should help accidental unlocks as well when pulling out your phone as well, as you need to pull the icon down to the sensor to unlock it. Frankly borrowing the idea from my old 2nd gen Moto X, where I have to drag the center icon down to unlock the phone, on the ambient display, and this is a similar concept, except you drag it down to read the finger print first, before unlocking. This may also save the screen from excessively illuminating the finger print area for no reason too, which I am sure will eventually cause screen burn in. I feel it could work really well, and would be an alternative to pocket mode, as it would no longer matter if the screen wakes in the pocket, being you need to pull the icon down to the sensor to wake the sensor anyways.

7. Limeybastard Eclair Aug 7, 2019

Limeybastard, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Definitely agree with brightness pull down menu. I have to pull down twice to make brightness adjustments. Not good.

8. Adhar Narain Donut Aug 7, 2019

Adhar Narain, Aug 7, 2019 :
    Camera , camera , camera - there's no secret here. It was a huge letdown to pay reasonable amount and get negative outcome on the same department which has been struggling since OP5. everything else is at par or beyond expectations. But this was the last attempt to trust on OP on cameras, c'mon guys these things are really indispensable now.

mgriyaz likes this.
  9. Limeybastard Eclair Aug 7, 2019

Limeybastard, Aug 7, 2019 :
    And also have more options to increase vibration intensity of haptic feedback. There are just two or three choices .

10. damiankuras Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

damiankuras, Aug 7, 2019 :
    For me, the major feature to add would be to able to unlock the device with fingerprint sensor without tapping the screen first to wake the sensor.

11. Jimmyostrom Gingerbread Aug 8, 2019

12. Jimmyostrom Gingerbread Aug 8, 2019

Jimmyostrom, Aug 8, 2019 :
    Gcam 4 sure.. watch this video with Asbyt and he has a link below the video to install a super stable version of Gcam it is for mi 9 but I use it on my OnePlus 7 pro and it works super nice and how to set it up..

or here you can find the specific one for 7 Pro: https://www.google.se/amp/s/forum.x...ro/themes/google-camera-op7-pro-t3944422/amp/

but the one asbyt recommend is the best

13. jcuanplas_ Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

14. Sai Akhil vecha Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

15. Peter_Ming Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

Peter_Ming, Aug 9, 2019 :
    Maybe put a feature to lock down the home screen so to avoid moving or deleting icons by accident. Nova launcher has this feature and it helps me a lot.

16. K1545096930767 Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

K1545096930767, Aug 9, 2019 :
    I'm unable to get voLTE support on my OnePlus 7 Pro over Airtel 4G network while other sim cards like Vodafone, jio etc working fine with voLTE support in my device Oneplus 7 pro.
    on the other hand cheap devices like redmi , Motorola etc are working fine with Airtel voLTE support. I've spent 57999 rs but didn't getting voLTE with Airtel.
    Please fix this issue with software update as soon as possible.
    View attachment 1096566

17. Gersh Donut Aug 9, 2019

Gersh, Aug 9, 2019 :
    I wish there was an option to switch the volume slider to the right side. I am right handed, personally not a fan of the volume keys on the left side, and reaching the slider on the right side with one hand is not the easiest to do. Moving the slider to the right would make is a lot easier for me.

18. SaurabhParmar Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

19. SaurabhParmar Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

SaurabhParmar, Aug 9, 2019 :
    I have airtel. and Volte is working on my 7pro.

20. A1565149551582 Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

A1565149551582, Aug 9, 2019 :
    Please improve the optical image stabilization in OnePlus 7 devices.
    Shooting video at 1080 becomes so difficult.
    Could you please look into this issues ASAP