OxygenOS is a joke

1. MichaelAbdallah
    Eclair Oct 10, 2015

MichaelAbdallah , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I've been experiencing very annoying battery problems with my Oneplus One where the phone does not always charge, and even when it's connected to AC and says it's charging, it keeps draining the battery. I contacted support and after a long time I got an answer. They said that I should download and flash OxygenOS. The instructions are horrible. I believe I got the steps right yet I still don't believe my One is "flashed" or whatever the correct term is. Now I'm left with a phone which has reset completely (yes I am aware data will not be saved), I see no change and my mobile data Internet connection does not work. This occurred after the PC I flashed with said Finish and the phone booted. Now I have to wait until Monday and hopefully find an answer at a service provider store(Elisa / saunalahti). Is this really something a customer has go go through? Can OxygenOS really not be an OTA update? I'm waiting for tech support to answer but I highly doubt they can solve my data connectivity problem. If anyone has instructions on how to flash OxygenOS with a user friendly program and in English, not a badly translated version, I'd be happy to try it once more. Attached are pictures before and after the flash. I might be stupid and think that OxygenOS should change something, but maybe it doesn't. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached Files:

Shubham1221 likes this.
  2. Motresmagoo
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2015

Motresmagoo , Oct 10, 2015 :
    You have to measure how much power is being sent to your phone and how much drains. You may need to buy a new plug or even wire. Highly unlikely that the phone is defective like that.

3. eightiethraptor
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2015

eightiethraptor , Oct 10, 2015 :
    sounds like there might be something physically wrong with your phone, as far as oxygenos there always the option of flashing cyanogenmod for the oneplus one

4. Mijo Bažoka
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2015

Mijo Bažoka , Oct 10, 2015 :
    From what I've heard so far, OxygenOS 1.0.3 for the One seems vastly superior and more stable than OxygenOS 2.1 on the Two. Had no major issues - except the horrible battery life.

5. ColinB63
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2015

ColinB63 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    From your pictures it seems that you are not on Oxygen OS. Both say Cyanogen OS.

6. jmo742

jmo742 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    But he's on Cyanogenmod already. Take a look at the pics again.

7. jmo742

jmo742 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    If you go to Youtube, I'm sure someone has made an easy guide on how to flash Oxygen. Whenever I want to flash a new OS on my Nexus, I always go there to see a step by step guide.

MichaelAbdallah likes this.
  8. benluca
    KitKat Oct 10, 2015

benluca , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Do you even have a clue, as to what you're complaining about here? You are making broad, general statements about how bad OxygenOS is, while posting screenshots of a phone with CYANOGENMOD.

This is either another fake rant, or ... you are clueless, as to the OS on your own phone, OR ... you haven't even loaded OxygenOS but have already decided it is a "joke". Either way, no validity to your complaint and no credibility.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

Skf123, Gaurav Rohilla and wayne_sony like this.
  9. wayne_sony
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2015

wayne_sony , Oct 10, 2015 :
    were you using your phone when it was charging? mine does that when it is charging using a charger that doesn't charge fast. the battery drains when I use the phone and charge it at the same time.

Edit: saw other posters. you are running cos, not oxygen. do you even know what you are doing?

10. flea333
    Donut Oct 10, 2015

flea333 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I've run into this several times. I use the Cyanogen mod and every once in a while some app decides to run the phone hot as an iron and the battery goes in a few hours. Also I've had this issue where it seems like the cable is not connecting properly with car charger, the phone keeps turning on/off the charging. I'm using a 1A cigarette adapter converter that does charge the phone quickly when it lets it, but I've had issues where the phone wants to turn on/off. I'd update all your apps and ROM to the latest versions and just cross your fingers. Welcome to open source world....

MichaelAbdallah likes this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Oct 10, 2015

Dodas, TeamValor91 and Ceasedd like this.
  12. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 10, 2015

gusuraman , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Maybe the second one is just after the reset and without any customization.
    I guess he just reset it. Probably after unlocking the bootloader he skipped (or failed) the OOS flash.

What is sure is that the title is misleading.

Dodas likes this.
  13. MichaelAbdallah
    Eclair Oct 11, 2015

MichaelAbdallah , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Thanks I'll give it a try. I ''still'' do believe that it's just absurd how one has to do all this stuff just to get the phone to work properly. I can't be the only one who thinks this way.

jmo742 likes this.
  14. MichaelAbdallah
    Eclair Oct 12, 2015

MichaelAbdallah , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Alright, I managed to flash oxygen os but not through the official oneplus migration program, it just wouldnt work. Data connection still doesnt work and Ive tried many fixes.

15. Dodas
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2015

Dodas , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Carl went with it and thats good enough for me.